Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Avengers: No Surrender was pretty great imo so I'm hoping this is good too. Love how the women are front and center.

Missing Chamber and my boy Rictor though ": ("
    Last edited by nandes; 08-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    How is no one mentioning that KARMA isn’t there???
    bc no one cares?

eta:

FYI, Karma was already mentioned in this thread

It just feels really good to be excited about the X-Men again. Bye @ time displaced O5, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    You mean the characters that the X crosses over are the ones to die?
    It seem unlikely unless Marvel is planning to kill around 20 characters, including multiple ones who have ongoings solos/duos (X-23/Rogue/Gambit). They might kill Beast, Nightcrawler, or Colossus, since they're in the "cross hairs" of the picture.

But, yeah, this looks so great. I love the creative team on it.

I am sad about the omission of Taylor, though. He's great at giant, crossover-y events, as Injustice showed.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It just feels really good to be excited about the X-Men again. Bye @ time displaced O5, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
    Geez, I know. They would have been a cute idea for a few arcs, but they stuck around far too long, and never should have taken up a whole X-Men book on their own. Bunn did what he could with Blue, but there was no reason for Blue to exist.

BANNED

This book needs to be a LOT better than Avengers: No Surrender was, and unfortunately Brisson is the only writer amongst those names that appeals to me. I'm giving this book a chance just because I have a craving for X-books, and I'll drop it very fast if it turns out as shitty as all the colour books have been.

Fantastic Member

Anyone with Photoshop skills able and willing to get rid of the white-space 'X' by smooshing the quadrants together?

We'll be getting this exciting epic 10 parter delivered to us weekly and X-men Red will

still

be

shipping

once

a

month.

Seriously, we will be getting 4 issues of Uncanny at the same time we get one of Red. Extermination will end and this 10 part story will likely finish before Red has completed its first story arc

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    It seem unlikely unless Marvel is planning to kill around 20 characters, including multiple ones who have ongoings solos/duos (X-23/Rogue/Gambit). They might kill Beast, Nightcrawler, or Colossus, since they're in the "cross hairs" of the picture.

But, yeah, this looks so great. I love the creative team on it.

I am sad about the omission of Taylor, though. He's great at giant, crossover-y events, as Injustice showed.

Geez, I know. They would have been a cute idea for a few arcs, but they stuck around far too long, and never should have taken up a whole X-Men book on their own. Bunn did what he could with Blue, but there was no reason for Blue to exist.

I think it would be to soon and kind of redundant to kill off Colossus or Nightcrawler again.I think it would have more impact to kill off someone that real hasn't died yet and been brought back like most of the X-Men in Beast or Storm.Killing one of them off would be a huge blow to the team and a major statement.Those two are part of what I consider to be the big five with Cyclops,Jean Grey & Wolverine(well Xavier too) so again killing one of those two off would be the way to go in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Anyone with Photoshop skills able and willing to get rid of the white-space 'X' by smooshing the quadrants together?
    You'd have to fill in some gaps, though. Storm's missing a mouth, for instance. Your best bet might be to ask Jordan White on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Place your bets on who's gonna die!
    Yeah, that's basically what I'm taking from this. There's about to be a massive culling of the franchise (again). Maybe they'll learn from it this time and stop creating disposables.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    I think it would be to soon and kind of redundant to kill off Colossus or Nightcrawler again.I think it would have more impact to kill off someone that real hasn't died yet and been brought back like most of the X-Men in Beast or Storm.Killing one of them off would be a huge blow to the team and a major statement.Those two are part of what I consider to be the big five with Cyclops,Jean Grey & Wolverine(well Xavier too) so again killing one of those two off would be the way to go in my book.
    Agree. Time to kill some of the ones that haven't died yet. That should rule out Colossus, Nightcrawler, Jean and Wolverine off the bat, even though Wolverine isn't pictured and may not be used. Betsy just got a makeover, so odds are against her going. Doubt if Iceman is going anywhere.

I'm guessing a lot of the student body is done as well as graduates in limbo.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 08-10-2018 at 04:42 PM.

It looks like Marvel is back in the business of taking money from me and I don’t mind one bit. The creative team is awesome and I’m so pumped to be reading X-Men again.

I second Magneticmushroom’s request.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    Storm would have a massive impact. She's genuinely beloved.

I suspect people might be "meh" about Beast at this point. Oh no, where will I get my monthly dose of hypocrisy and sanctimony if Hank is gone? Who will Beastsplain things to everyone?

So excited! Seriously these are all the writers on my short list for Uncanny except for Taylor. I love the idea of them working as a team on this and getting a WEEKLY dose of the storyline. I can't help but think bringing all the teams together is to reestablish some much needed continuity between titles and form new teams for relaunch. I DO think we will see a shake up and/or end to current Red and Astonishing teams. JDW is on Xplain the X-Men this Monday. I hope they talk about this news!

Where's Magneto? Or are there no adversaries in this picture? But if ALL mutants are involved in this story, at some point all the missing characters will show up.

Can someone list all the X-characters in this cover/image?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Where's Magneto? Or are there no adversaries in this picture? But if ALL mutants are involved in this story, at some point all the missing characters will show up.

Can someone list all the X-characters in this cover/image?
    From Newsarama.

Starting with Jean Grey and continuing around the image in rough clockwise order, the mutants present in the image are: Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Honey Badger, X-23, Gentle, Trinary, Multiple Man, Domino, Jubilee, Bishop, Beast, Shark Girl, Rachel Summers, Glob Herman, Surge, Prodigy, Sunfire, Firestar, Armor, Husk, Eye-Boy, Shatterstar, Nature Girl, Wolfsbane, Rockslide, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Pixie, Archangel, Cannonball, Oya, Kid Apocalypse, BAMF, Warpath, Pyslocke, Magik, Dazzler, Havok, Colossus, Forge, Sunspot, Hellion, Dust, Sunspot, Magma, Cessily Kincaid, Doug Ramsey, Boom Boom, Northstar, Polaris, and Anole.

That accounts for nearly all the major X-Men of recent years - aside from Magneto, Emma Frost, and Cyclops. The teen versions of the five original X-Men are also absent, though that will likely be addressed in the events of the upcoming Extermination.

https://www.newsarama.com/41319-who-...assembled.html