Page 99 of 113 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1688

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    OK, so thanX to THIS:

... I'm now fully IN...

... for the WIN!
    The fact that they haven't been on any covers or mentioned in any solicits means that Northstar and Polaris aren't going to have very significant roles. At best they'll be part of large splash pages and group shots. Bor-ing.
    We've already seen pages where Northstar seems injured and is just sitting on the sidelines while the A-squad gets all of the attention. That isn't exactly groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I am not that sure that this is indeed Kamikaze though.
    I think he is Samurai, the twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The fact that they haven't been on any covers or mentioned in any solicits means that Northstar and Polaris aren't going to have very significant roles. At best they'll be part of large splash pages and group shots. Bor-ing.
    We've already seen pages where Northstar seems injured and is just sitting on the sidelines while the A-squad gets all of the attention. That isn't exactly groundbreaking.
    I was super excited about Uncanny having a huge cast of characters at first but now I'm realizing the scale of the project might be too ambitious for its own good. It's a shame to have Northstar or Polaris become background characters, but I'm still hoping the story will somehow give each character at least one moment where they can shine. I can totally see them needing Northstar's powers as a speedster for a specific mission and then sending him back to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think he is Samurai, the twin.
    I think you're right. Samurai had a headband while Kamikaze had a weird mask. The new design would make more sense for Samurai.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Seeing as Polaris is mentioned with some of the other teams, I'm hoping for some decent panel time. We've seen a number of panels with Northstar already, and I'll take what I can get with Lorna. I'm not expecting some massive role but seeing as she hardly ever appears in crossovers, this is better than nothing.

BANNED

As usual, we're @ odds. But maybe, maybe not, we shall see. Not like the solicits have been eXactly eXplicit, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Seeing as Polaris is mentioned with some of the other teams, I'm hoping for some decent panel time. We've seen a number of panels with Northstar already, and I'll take what I can get with Lorna. I'm not expecting some massive role but seeing as she hardly ever appears in crossovers, this is better than nothing.
    Same, a decent supporting role will suffice. Hoping for a few memorable, standout moments tho, just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    As usual, we're @ odds. But maybe, maybe not, we shall see. Not like the solicits have been eXactly eXplicit, after all.

Same, a decent supporting role will suffice. Hoping for a few memorable, standout moments tho, just the same.
    I've seen how Rosenberg treats supporting roles, they're just going to use their powers a few times and maybe get a line or two of dialogue. Breadcrumbs just aren't enough to satisfy me anymore.

Especially since Age of X-Man seems to be another 10 part weekly story that we'll get tying up the entire line instead of putting these characters on an actual team book where they might get actual development.

Who wants to bet that they'll actually acknowledge the Madripoor school?

I've seen how Rosenberg treats supporting roles, they're just going to use their powers a few times and maybe get a line or two of dialogue. Breadcrumbs just aren't enough to satisfy me anymore.

Especially since Age of X-Man seems to be another 10 part weekly story that we'll get tying up the entire line instead of putting these characters on an actual team book where they might get actual development.

I still wonder about Trevor and Lin. Are they just seen making out around the institute in the background?

BANNED

I won't dispute your personal misgivings, or try to counter your all-around apathy.

In fact, I share some of your concerns, and largely agree with most of your POV. But while still iffy about AoXM myself, my waning enthusiasm for Disassembled at least, has now somewhat become more of a cautious optimism once again. And that's solely thanX to KT's comment on Lorna's participation. Yes, it's very little, I realize. But it did lift my spirits, nevertheless, and that I can't help or will feel guilty about.

If her new Madripoor operations get a mention, that'll be great. If they don't, it'll be a l'il disappointing for me, I won't lie. But it won't be a deal-breaker, that I cannot accept.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-20-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Incredible Member

I’m not seeing a lot of Banshee in these previews...

Pissed about the lack of Sunspot but disgusted by the lack of Sunfire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Pissed about the lack of Sunspot but disgusted by the lack of Sunfire.
    Same feeling here

BANNED

That's not fair. He also likes writing characters as heels to make his pet favs look good.

Looks like the explosion that injures Northstar. And Kurt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boz6xlaF-ZM/?hl=en

Armor!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BorxdK7F4px/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That's not fair. He also likes writing characters as heels to make his pet favs look good.
    I'm still dumbfounded how he could have David be okay with his former(ish) maternal figure being merged with Warlock and CONTINUE working with Shan. Even suggest Moonlock be used in combat..

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Glad Bishop is back on the Uncanny X-MEN roster.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    We have a winner...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

One thing Ive noticed is that with the various covers, these are the only consistent 7. Nightcrawler, Cannonball and Jubilee all get dropped in some form but it appears that this might be the core group
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Another team

These are my three favorites but I like Finch's the best because Bishop is front and center
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.