Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1688
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’ve seen the core cast predictions and what not and if true I stil think it is missing the all-important straight white alpha male.

For a realistic sales formula I think it needs one. Even if I couldn’t care less. Maybe wolverine will join eventually? (I haven’t been keeping up with his return).
    make it gambit
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Not alpha enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Not alpha enough
    well
    yes
    but... gambit
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Not alpha enough
    Not straight enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Not straight enough.
    Ha, it would be nice if Marvel tried to subvert the entire White Straight Alpha Male thing with Gambit, but indeed, it seems no one's ready to have that status quo shaken.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Ha, it would be nice if Marvel tried to subvert the entire White Straight Alpha Male thing with Gambit, but indeed, it seems no one's ready to have that status quo shaken.
    I'm ambivalent. I'm generally against retconning sexualities, but Gambit I can see as bisexual.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I'm ambivalent. I'm generally against retconning sexualities, but Gambit I can see as bisexual.
    Would retconning sexualities be like my brother, who was “straight”, and married to a woman, but came out as gay when he was an adult of 27?

I'm reminiscing about when I retconned my sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Would retconning sexualities be like my brother, who was “straight”, and married to a woman, but came out as gay when he was an adult of 27?
    fair point
    It's not specifically sexualities. I hate retcons in general; that's just a subset, and admittedly one of those I'm less hostile towards, although it's still going to annoy me if they make X-23 a lesbian.

BANNED

I always thought Remy had already been confirmed as biseXual. By his second miniseries, I think it was.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Multiple writers have said they view him as sexually fluid or bi, like Robinson and David.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Gambit is already married, he should be with Rogue and only Rogue. He already has a partner, no need to ruin that.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Gambit is already married, he should be with Rogue and only Rogue. He already has a partner, no need to ruin that.
    Nobody is saying to pair him with someone else. Context is important.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Nobody is saying to pair him with someone else. Context is important.
    Ok, sorry i misunderstood and took it in the wrong way.

The idea a while back was to make him bisexual and have guys from his pat show up.
    If Marvel breaks them back up, I am going to find Jordan D White, and I am going to throw a pie in his face.