Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Anyone else not see the point of Making Psylocke Bland Again?

If she's not ninja-y, physical, and sorta murdery why should we care?

Hope her change is just cosmetic.
    With Emma back in the bad guy's corner, I think the X-Men have room for an aristocratic telepath with sophisticated and sometimes naughty tastes. Welcome back Elizabeth!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

So everyone will be put to use in these first 10 issues before they focus on a certain team. I like it. It is kind of how I want an X-Men book to be anyways. Everyone should have a role and rotate in and out if their particular arc is done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    So everyone will be put to use in these first 10 issues before they focus on a certain team. I like it. It is kind of how I want an X-Men book to be anyways. Everyone should have a role and rotate in and out if their particular arc is done.
    I'd actually like so see an anthology series with a rotating cast. The X-Men have so many characters that need love it kind of sucks when you only have 3 team books focusing on the same core of Claremont/Byrne/Lee + honorary members, but something like that could allow them to get some spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd actually like so see an anthology series with a rotating cast. The X-Men have so many characters that need love it kind of sucks when you only have 3 team books focusing on the same core of Claremont/Byrne/Lee + honorary members, but something like that could allow them to get some spotlight.
    X-Men Unlimited or a similar type book is really something the X-Franchise can use because of having so many characters to play with. A great way for new creators to get in the game too and try an issue or three short runs.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Finally, it’s time to completely bring the entire army of x-men down to a maximum of 25/30 heroes (including students), split in three/ four teams and than have them go up against hordes of powerfull villains so that we finally have some stakes back in the books. Let the dissasembling begin !!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I remember once, DC did some foreshadowing with one of their event pictures and the people in the shadow were either killed or turned evil.

Could the "X" characters be foreshadowing the deaths?
    I thought about this, and I found issues with the theory both ways.

If it's characters cut in half with the X, that means Storm and Rogue along with several others getting killed off. Storm wouldn't get killed off because Storm is too high-profile in pop culture, and matters too much in terms of diversity and representation. The latter would seriously hurt their attempts to look progressive.

If it's characters not cut in half with the X, that means Jean Grey, Domino, Shadowcat, Multiple Man and several others getting killed off. Those others have been used a lot, and Multiple Man just came back, but it's Jean that messes up that theory. I can't see Marvel killing her off when they just brought her back after over a decade gone.

Who knows. Maybe only certain spots cut off suggest character death, like over the heart. Maybe signs are visible when the picture is put together.

I'm glad Lorna is in it and in her iconic costume, but I'm expecting she's going to be killed off after how she was treated on Blue. Probably killed off to promote Havok, at that.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I don't see Wolverine. That's surprising. Or not. He's getting Return of Wolverine mini.

I'm getting Avengers No Surrender vibe from this. Overly long story that quickly gets dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Where is this published?
    Or is it a hoax?

If so, some remarks

Eyeboy is alive again?
    All those New X-Men kids, hmmmm.
    Cannonball and Sunspot?
    All New Psylocke.
    Pickles....!
    Was EyeBoy supposed to have died????

No Monet and no Hollow/Penance!!!!!

Yeah, I had hopes for something more interesting. First was let down by xmen Black just being a few one shots and now just an event series right after Extermination, by the same creative teams as before.

I like Brisson though, but I would rather have less event and more focus on individual characrers interacting. Events tend to just focus on the plot first and characters second. Much like No Surrender.

I assume this story will launch from the Apocalypse backups in Black.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Lol that's not what her dialogue in Astonishing X-Men Annual #1 means.

Tired of Jean always having to take shots from hater writers.
    Haters, quite the quaint vernacular. Let the writer write.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't see Wolverine. That's surprising. Or not. He's getting Return of Wolverine mini.

I'm getting Avengers No Surrender vibe from this. Overly long story that quickly gets dull.
    i just figure that Wolverine being in Return means hell sit out the first 10 issues of UXM and may rejoin at #11 since they are out around the same time
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah, I had hopes for something more interesting. First was let down by xmen Black just being a few one shots and now just an event series right after Extermination, by the same creative teams as before.

I like Brisson though, but I would rather have less event and more focus on individual characrers interacting. Events tend to just focus on the plot first and characters second. Much like No Surrender.

I assume this story will launch from the Apocalypse backups in Black.
    On the bright side, there may be hope for Domino. She's never been a villain, and if she's in UXM, maybe she'll be leaving Weapon X. Warpath is there, and he's left.

It's possible characters who aren't there are absent because they're gonna be in other books elsewhere.

Emma & Magneto are both gonna be in Black.

Taylor isn't on the writing staff, but his Red cast is here. Maybe Red will end soon, again with his cast moved to UXM.

Some of the Astonishing cast is there....so, maybe plans changed and that is gonna come to a close too, or flip rosters again.

Sabretooth isn't there. Granted he's been more villainous since Weapon X, but that didn't stop them from including him in other X-events. Either they finally learned not to false advertise, or he's still leading WX so he's in a continuing book, and as such, no reason for him in Uncanny. But Domino going to Uncanny could be a clue she's gonna get fed up with WX and take her leave. And while I shudder at the thought, Greg Pak noted not long ago that he was writing about Monet....so possible she ain't there because she'll already currently be in Weapon X when Uncanny starts...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Anyone else not see the point of Making Psylocke Bland Again?

If she's not ninja-y, physical, and sorta murdery why should we care?

Hope her change is just cosmetic.
    I feel like she became bland after the body swap.

Ultimate Member

Betsy does seem pretty bland and all on that cover, who knows maybe she'll hate her new body or feel like an alien in it given that she stole it pretty much, and no salarta I don't see them killing Lorna...and if you look Alex is next to pretty much all of his team, so the Red team is together, the Astonishing team is together or close to each other...at the end of Blue Lorna has no team and therefore nobody to stand beside, you'd get upset if she was standing next to Alex anyway so...