Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So I think once the 10 issues are up it's around the time those BC and 4chan leaks mentioned X-Men will relaunch with just uncanny and X-Men as the main two books followed by maybe X force, wolverine, x23, MMX, genX and X factor.

Does 10 more issues of uncany lead to a big number in the legacy numbering?

Pretty sure no wolverine and Cyclops in the promo is good news because I think they'll be the surprises

I think this is all awesome and although I love red and astonishing right now I feel like X-Men need a clean up after the stinkers of AvX, bendis X-Men, all new X-Men, Extraordinary X-Men, gold and blue in recent years.

Bye bye dull boring annoying arrogant O5

Hoping Marquez is on one of the new books in Jan because he's amazing along with asrar on uncanny.

Thank God for shogun and the fox deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    WHere are the Cuckoos tho :/ Or Emma Frost as has been previously noted
    Go read X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Was EyeBoy supposed to have died????
    Yeah, in Venomized.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Does 10 more issues of uncany lead to a big number in the legacy numbering?
    No. 600 + 19. So the new UXM is LGY#620. If they count X-Men Gold, that's another 36 issues, taking them to LGY#656.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

#XMenGoldIsNotUncanny

I'm generally NOT about weekly comics. The hobby is expensive as is. But I'm excited for this. Even without Cyclops there. I don't mind if it puts all of the other books on hold or even means the end of Red, which I've been enjoying. We haven't gotten a "family" picture like that in a long, long time, so that alone is nice to see.
    Last edited by cc008; 08-11-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Weird to have the start of a new run be Disassembled.
    I'm honestly more excited about what comes after this first arc. I hope we get better team line-ups and the return of the satellite teams.
    Bring back X-force, X-factor, New Mutants, NXM and make them relevant. Way better than 5 different "flagship" X-men books. We should have two of those (UXM and AXM).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm honestly more excited about what comes after this first arc. I hope we get better team line-ups and the return of the satellite teams.
    Bring back X-force, X-factor, New Mutants, NXM and make them relevant. Way better than 5 different "flagship" X-men books. We should have two of those (UXM and AXM).
    Jordan White has made it very clear on Twitter that he's a fan of your way of thinking. I think it's where we're headed.

Is the image a teaser or the cover for issue 1? I love the art and am excited about the creative team...not so much about the weekly format. I think quality is more consistent with the monthly format. Wolverine and Cyclops are missing from the pic but I think they wouldn't spoil the return of these major characters three months before the book starts...I'm still hoping we'll get to see them in the book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    So everyone will be put to use in these first 10 issues before they focus on a certain team. I like it. It is kind of how I want an X-Men book to be anyways. Everyone should have a role and rotate in and out if their particular arc is done.
    It sounds good in theory, but then you're reminded Fraction's run exists....

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It's how Bendis' Avengers run started (though I guess it was the final Avengers arc before it relaunched).

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Is the image a teaser or the cover for issue 1?
    The teaser will likely be a variant for issue #1. Yu is doing the main covers.

BANNED

This sounds great. I love all the writers involved.

The big question, of course, is what happens after that 10 issue opener.

Will Uncanny remain a weekly book with a three person writing team and rotating artists, kind of like Spider-Man during the Brand New Day era?

Or will it go to once or twice a month and other X-books will be launched in the wake of Disassembled's conclusion?

I'm guessing the latter is more likely, but that would leave just one writer on UXM. Wonder who it'll be?

They can relaunch a new team with Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Magneto and Cable. Those not on the cover

It was THE contraversial event of the comics industry for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Yeah, doesn’t sound like they have a creative team together at all. Because this-this isn’t news. Sounds like they’re scrambling to get something together in the meanwhile
    I'm not sure how you're reaching that conclusion. This announcement is obviously for the big launch event. It's absolutely standard marketing for that kind of event. Afterwards, I imagine that Rosenberg will continue on Astonishing, and Brisson and Thompson will take a new book each. Artists at Marvel seem to be assigned more fluidly, so who knows what will happen with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    But confused what’s new about this “high stakes and changes” that people seem hyped about. It seems kinda generic and typical for launches, relaunches and events.dont get me wrong I’m pumped I just am not seeing what’s “especially” exciting here.
    I'm mostly hyped about the creative team. If I had to pick a writing team to work on X-Men, it would be the three people Marvel has chosen. And the artists are amazing as well.

Gold and Blue weren't really doing it for me either, so I'm glad to see them rethinking that direction too. Gold was fine in concept, but the writing was incompetent and boring. Blue was the opposite: bad in concept (since, as I've said elsewhere, one of your flagship books should not be about the teen O5), but surprisingly good in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd actually like so see an anthology series with a rotating cast. The X-Men have so many characters that need love it kind of sucks when you only have 3 team books focusing on the same core of Claremont/Byrne/Lee + honorary members, but something like that could allow them to get some spotlight.
    Doesn't Astonishing somewhat fill that niche at the moment? The individuals runs have been fairly long in some cases, but I thought its point was to be a kind of prestige anthology with a rotating cast where top writers and/or artists could showcase their talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    It was THE contraversial event of the comics industry for 2018
    I was genuinely sad. Strain made me like Eyeboy. I will always remember when he learnt too much about Jono.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 08-11-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Thats Mystique on the cover

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They can relaunch a new team with Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Magneto and Cable. Those not on the cover
    I'd read the hell out of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    ... Uncanny... will it go to once or twice a month and other X-books will be launched in the wake of Disassembled's conclusion?

... likely, but that would leave just one writer on UXM. Wonder who it'll be?
    This is what I'd put my $ on, too. When it comes to that last ?, perhaps their Twitter accounts are giving us a clue:

There are maybe some other indicators as well, IMO, if ya look closely & pay attention to... the order of things, from certain sources.

Recent singularly focused digital discounts by Marvel, could be seen as yet another signal, also.

My guess?

Rosenberg on Uncanny and continues Astonishing as its sister title.

Brisson on X-Force or something of the like with Cable.

KT continues Mr and Mrs X and possibly picks up a second x book.