Page 86 of 113 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1688
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    The idea a while back was to make him bisexual and have guys from his pat show up.
    If Marvel breaks them back up, I am going to find Jordan D White, and I am going to throw a pie in his face.
    JDW really likes Rogue/Gambit so i doubt he will break them.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Glad to hear it. In that case, if they're ever split up, I will find whoever IS responsible and shave their dog.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 09-14-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

JDW loved Deadpool x Shiklah. Look what happened with that. Deadpool starts spending more time away from Shiklah. So she starts cheating on him with hundreds of monsters from her kingdom -male & female, and also beats the crap out of him. Then she marries Dracula & runs off with him. White notes Shiklah is his favorite DP relationship because of how messed up it is.

JDW has also stated he finds stable relationships boring, and how he's only seen them work in sitcoms.

So him being a Romy fan isn't necessarily a good thing. lol Not when he likes dysfunctional romances. Deadpool x Shiklah started off loving & fun too. It didn't stay that way after the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    JDW loved Deadpool x Shiklah. Look what happened with that. Deadpool starts spending more time away from Shiklah. So she starts cheating on him with hundreds of monsters from her kingdom -male & female, and also beats the crap out of him. Then she marries Dracula & runs off with him. White notes Shiklah is his favorite DP relationship because of how messed up it is.

JDW has also stated he finds stable relationships boring, and how he's only seen them work in sitcoms.

So him being a Romy fan isn't necessarily a good thing. lol Not when he likes dysfunctional romances. Deadpool x Shiklah started off loving & fun too. It didn't stay that way after the first year.
    you stop that
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

With Rogue & Remy, trouble in paradise will come soon enough, guaranteed. It's only natural, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    With Rogue & Remy, trouble in paradise will come soon enough, guaranteed. It's only natural, all things considered.

BANNED

JDW also insists healthy relationships make for bad stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The annoying thing about that one is that I once provided him a laundry list of enjoyable, entertaining, and perfectly stable relationships in drama. His response was the Twitter equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears going "Lalalala I can't hear you!"

I mean just off the top of my head right now you have Chuck and Sarah and Aeryn and Crichton who were LESS enjoyable during all the Will They/Won't They, and only made the show better once they got together. Wash and Zoe lasted the duration of the series (as short as it was. I don't acknowledge the Movie). Worf and Dax only ended because Farrell left, I believe due to a pay dispute. And it's not that these relationships didn't have conflict (IE the free-spirited Dax vs. stick-in-the-mud traditionalist Worf). But they were able to do it without relying on it being toxic and dysfunctional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The annoying thing about that one is that I once provided him a laundry list of enjoyable, entertaining, and perfectly stable relationships in drama. His response was the Twitter equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears going "Lalalala I can't hear you!"

I mean just off the top of my head right now you have Chuck and Sarah and Aeryn and Crichton who were LESS enjoyable during all the Will They/Won't They, and only made the show better once they got together. Wash and Zoe lasted the duration of the series (as short as it was. I don't acknowledge the Movie). Worf and Dax only ended because Farrell left, I believe due to a pay dispute. And it's not that these relationships didn't have conflict (IE the free-spirited Dax vs. stick-in-the-mud traditionalist Worf). But they were able to do it without relying on it being toxic and dysfunctional.
    yeah, they're going to get a divorce eventually. I'm just hoping we'll have a decade or so before that happens.

Generally, they do end up dull, if people are looking for stories actually focusing on the romance itself. It's the reason fairy tales never really go past "and they lived happily ever after".

If they can focus on the couple in the context of a different story, it could possibly work (I just don't recall having seen it much in pop culture). Mr & Mrs is safe, right now, because they're newlyweds and the book has them adventuring together. I give it a year or three down the road before someone decides it would be fun to shake them up to keep them from becoming another Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Generally, they do end up dull, if people are looking for stories actually focusing on the romance itself. It's the reason fairy tales never really go past "and they lived happily ever after".

If they can focus on the couple in the context of a different story, it could possibly work (I just don't recall having seen it much in pop culture). Mr & Mrs is safe, right now, because they're newlyweds and the book has them adventuring together. I give it a year or three down the road before someone decides it would be fun to shake them up to keep them from becoming another Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman yawn.
    ...are they really the only couple that's stayed married?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    ...are they really the only couple that's stayed married?
    Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
    I hope Marvel can pull something similar with Romy.

I don't like to think of how they are going to end when they are just starting their life together.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
    I hope Marvel can pull something similar with Romy.

I don't like to think of how they are going to end when they are just starting their life together.
    Me too. That's been about, what, thirteen years? It's not a pillar like Reed and Sue, yet they're keeping it going, so that's good.
    Scott and Jean had it for about eight, so assuming Romy is the X-Men's new power couple, we should be good for about a decade.
    Sigh.

I thought Jessica and Luke were semi retired and raising a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I thought Jessica and Luke were semi retired and raising a kid?
    They've both got digitals ongoing.