Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1688
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This. I have no idea who most those characters Ambaryerno mentioned are. Worf was Star Trek, I think, DS9 maybe.
    Worf was first on Star Trek The Next Generation for many years and then moved to DS9...Chuck was good...fun how Strahovski was the voice and model for Miranda from the Mass Effect series...fun fact, on the show Chuck she worked in a yogurt shop but if memory serves Strahovski hates yogurt...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Worf was first on Star Trek The Next Generation for many years and then moved to DS9...Chuck was good...fun how Strahovski was the voice and model for Miranda from the Mass Effect series...fun fact, on the show Chuck she worked in a yogurt shop but if memory serves Strahovski hates yogurt...
    It's interesting how my three favorite female characters — X-23, Sarah Walker, and Aeryn Sun — are all badass, beautiful, warrior chicks who are generally physically tougher than their main romantic interests; have difficult if not outright troubled or tormented pasts; on the surface can seem cold and struggle to connect with others on an emotional level, yet are also much more emotionally complex than they appear; and a major aspect of their development is "thawing" their frostier personalities and learning to just be human (Sarah's a bit of the outlier since she came pre-thawed compared to Laura and Aeryn and had a comparatively normal childhood, grifter father aside, but she still has moments where she can switch from seemingly warm and loving to ice-cold killer at the drop of a hat, and she shares their struggles with allowing herself to genuinely feel. BEAUTIFUL testament to Yvonne's raw acting ability. Seriously, HOW IS SHE NOT GETTING A-LIST MOVIE ROLES?! SHE IS AMAZING!!!).

The MC in my own book series is much the same; Strong, tough-as-nails, but harboring pain from her past she doesn't like to let slip how badly it really affects her. However while Laura, Sarah, and Aeryn mask it with stoicism, my character hides behind a care-free, hard-drinking party girl facade.

I think I have a type...

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's interesting how my three favorite female characters — X-23, Sarah Walker, and Aeryn Sun — are all badass, beautiful, warrior chicks who are generally physically tougher than their main romantic interests; have difficult if not outright troubled or tormented pasts; on the surface can seem cold and struggle to connect with others on an emotional level, yet are also much more emotionally complex than they appear; and a major aspect of their development is "thawing" their frostier personalities and learning to just be human (Sarah's a bit of the outlier since she came pre-thawed compared to Laura and Aeryn and had a comparatively normal childhood, grifter father aside, but she still has moments where she can switch from seemingly warm and loving to ice-cold killer at the drop of a hat, and she shares their struggles with allowing herself to genuinely feel. BEAUTIFUL testament to Yvonne's raw acting ability. Seriously, HOW IS SHE NOT GETTING A-LIST MOVIE ROLES?! SHE IS AMAZING!!!).

The MC in my own book series is much the same; Strong, tough-as-nails, but harboring pain from her past she doesn't like to let slip how badly it really affects her. However while Laura, Sarah, and Aeryn mask it with stoicism, my character hides behind a care-free, hard-drinking party girl facade.

I think I have a type...
    I’ve got a thing for badass female characters. Until I found Gambit, my top three were Laura, Jean, and Black Widow.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Less talk about terrible sci-fi shows and more about what the thread is about plz. Uncanny X-Men.

BANNED

Subject dropped. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    terrible sci-fi shows
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 09-16-2018 at 11:48 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It seems that KT has confirmed Rogue and Gambit aren't involved with Disassembled AT ALL on her tumblr.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No Rachel on cover so I assume she won't appear or will just have a minor cameo role if she does.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Seeing all of these Mutants unaccounted for thus far, I really hope we’re getting that Excalibur relaunch by Claremont & Davis. They’re the only creators I trust to fix Kitty & Rachel.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It seems that KT has confirmed Rogue and Gambit aren't involved with Disassembled AT ALL on her tumblr.
    Annoying as they were both very central on the promo art. I was kind of hoping Gambit and Rogue would be brought back into the X-Men fold soon
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Annoying as they were both very central on the promo art. I was kind of hoping Gambit and Rogue would be brought back into the X-Men fold soon
    I agree, but I also went through and read all of her Tumblr posts regarding it and it's all for good intent. It sounded like she didn't want to just throw them in there to use as wallpaper, and it looks like they're using this as a chance to spotlight other characters who haven't been seem around much.

Also, she doesn't want this affecting their duo book and said that MMX #6 will kind
    of explain their absense. Which is great because she's supporting cohesiveness.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I agree, but I also went through and read all of her Tumblr posts regarding it and it's all for good intent. It sounded like she didn't want to just throw them in there to use as wallpaper, and it looks like they're using this as a chance to spotlight other characters who haven't been seem around much.

Also, she doesn't want this affecting their duo book and said that MMX #6 will kind
    I just would like for them to be on a team book. I don't like it when prominent X-Men are left out of big X-Events. Gambit & Rogue have been on the outskirts of the team for far too long.

However, I fully trust KT and that if they aren't involved at this time then it is the best play for the characters in the long run. Hopefully in the aftermath of whatever goes down there is a home for them somewhere.
    L'Enfer !

BANNED

and it looks like they're using this as a chance to spotlight other characters who haven't been seem around much.
    ...by using the characters who are the go-to for those particular groups (yay more Glob! :-P ).

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Well, apparently the Thieves' Guild is there, so... Rogue & Gambit on a heist to save the world in an unrelated incident?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

I'm trying to keep the faith alive and remain objectively optimistic, for ALL upcoming things Mutant related. But with Disassembled in particular:

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...ist/ed-brisson
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...kelly-thompson
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...thew-rosenberg

... which admittedly, can be rather hampered here. Those disappointing December solicits however, have only made it that much harder, and left me somewhat disconcerted. I'm still hoping to be pleasantly surprised:

... but I'm not feeling it, and am now suffering from a slight crisis in confidence, about where things are headed for the X-Men's future.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-19-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I would say both are already back in the X-men fold as of this year. Gambit is a regular in Red and both have been semi-regulars in Gold