Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

What I hate about Red covers is that they didn't even do all the characters for the first 9 covers... Like, that was the whole point of doing covers like these instead of normal ones. To give one to each member. But then the new cover artist or someone decided to just put Laura and Kurt on #8 and #9 before Gabby and Trinary ever got theirs... And now the solo covers are continuing randomically when it could have ended on #9...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What I hate about Red covers is that they didn't even do all the characters for the first 9 covers... Like, that was the whole point of doing covers like these instead of normal ones. To give one to each member. But then the new cover artist or someone decided to just put Laura and Kurt on #8 and #9 before Gabby and Trinary ever got theirs... And now the solo covers are continuing randomically when it could have ended on #9...
    It would have been cool if the first 9 featured a different character but connected to form one big team shot. Of course they couldnt be that clever

Am I the only one that hates the art for the Uncanny covers? It looks like something made by a Tumblr fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would have been cool if the first 9 featured a different character but connected to form one big team shot. Of course they couldnt be that clever
    Yeah I agree. The way it's been done is really stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I hope they disassemble some of those god-awful costumes (namely Jean, Kitty, and Iceman).
    I bloody hope so. A number of the X-Men could do with revamped looks. I'd love to see the New X-Men out of those bland training uniforms too.

Special mention to Polaris' outfit in X-Men Blue, which I'd love to make a comeback. Iceman should totally steal Jimmy's jacket from that series too.

And Colossus needs his beard and a modern uniform. Maybe return to his Cable & the X-Force look?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Attachment 69405

Brisson: "Anyone who's read any of my work knows that I love to put characters through the wringer, and UNCANNY X-MEN will not be an exception. We're pushing some of these characters in ways that they've never been pushed before. Characters who maybe haven't had the spotlight in the past are going to have to step up and prove that they deserve to be on this team. We've given some of the younger X-Men, including my personal favorite, Glob, a chance to really shine, which I'm thrilled about."

"This book will keep you guessing at every turn. There are going to be some pretty big players you haven't seen in a while doing some downright crazy stuff."

Sounds promising to me!
    Hype levels are rising. Especially after Extermination. Brisson knows what he's doing. Really excited to hear that characters who aren't usually in the spotlight are given a chance to prove themselves. Obviously the cover has Pixie & Rockslide, two of my faves, which is awesome. I'm hoping Dust and Hellion get a chance to shine too.

The reappearance of Legion is a pretty big deal. Could he return a figure from the X-Men's past? He's certainly capable with his power levels. I'm also curious if Blindfold will get a chance to interact with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I hope Pixie gets some big moments with any luck she and the younger X-Men get on a team after this (new X-Men volume 3 lead by Laura )
    There was a nod to the New X-Men title and it's evental revival a while ago. I would love to see Laura leading a team, especially with Hellion at her side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I think she'd benefit a lot by branching out and not being joined to Laura's hip. Let her have some stories and development on her own, especially interacting with others closer to her own age (either outside the X-Books like Molly, or a new underclassmen team). The benefit she'd have over the other junior teams is that by also being associated with Laura she's not going to be as at-risk of being wallpapered since she can also appear with her sis.
    I proposed interactions with Molly Hayes, Kid Kaiju, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It could be worse like Quentin Quire again .

I'm not a fan of Glob but even though he's the focus normally it means that Anole and some of his friends are around. I would be very happy if Dust, Surge or Mercury have more importance in the plot but honestly learned not to raise my expectations very much.
    Old Man Logan established Rockslide, Anole and Shark-Girl as his friends. Gen X also stealthily showcased a relationship with Sprite. I'd be happy with any of them showing up, even if I'm not the biggets Glob fan. I'm holding out for Dust and Hellion now. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Artist totally forgot Pixie's hair became pink with black after maintaining the soul dagger...
    Most have. I can't even remember the last time she was depicted with the black streaks through her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yeah, that’s pretty transparent.

I AM NOT SORRY.
    Lol. You had to take that opportunity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    There was a nod to the New X-Men title and it's evental revival a while ago. I would love to see Laura leading a team, especially with Hellion at her side.
    I would pull that book TWICE if it was Laura and Julian as co-leaders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Am I the only one that hates the art for the Uncanny covers? It looks like something made by a Tumblr fan.
    No, they've looked progressively worse, and more rushed.

BANNED

CBR.com, The Most Important X-Men Missing From Marvel’s Disassembled Teaser

Magneto & Emma get a quick mention, but as villains, being the reason for their absence. Beyond that:

... While we don’t know the reason for the absences, we can assume it either boils down to Marvel choosing to keep their appearances as a surprise for the Uncanny X-Men story, or the characters not being alive or around to join in the festivities.

We’ve taken the liberty of listing some of the major X-Men missing from the Uncanny X-Men “Disassembled” teaser, making sure to focus on the mutants fans will and should expect to show up during the event. ...
    1. X
    2. The O5
    3. Cable
    4. Namor
    5. OML
    6. Wolverine

Nobody else is deemed worthy, disappointingly.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    literally a good chunk of the posts above yours have been saying that

BANNED

Seems like he takes more pains with characters in the forefront, but then drops the ball & gets sorta sloppy with those further in the background, especially if they're female. His Jean & PiXie in the latest one, look lazily done, and are pretty damn bad.

Issue 1 is fine but issue 2&3 look like variants of issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I would pull that book TWICE if it was Laura and Julian as co-leaders.
    I think their leadership styles would clash and it would be HI-larious
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So..................I'm thinking Blindfold will be a major part of this but I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't. Thompson confirms that Armor, Pixie (obvi), and Surge will be getting parts. Whether or not they are major is still tbd:

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...y-spoilers-but

Also, I never thought I wouldn't like Yu drawing stuff, but his Pixie and Rockslide are rough.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So..................I'm thinking Blindfold will be a major part of this but I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't. Thompson confirms that Armor, Pixie (obvi), and Surge will be getting parts. Whether or not they are major is still tbd:

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...y-spoilers-but

Also, I never thought I wouldn't like Yu drawing stuff, but his Pixie and Rockslide are rough.
    I hope so. Legion and Blindfold are one of my favourite pairings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think their leadership styles would clash and it would be HI-larious
    Having them butt heads there is a great way to break the silence and get that spark going again.

FYI, apparently that's Legion with his hair down on the #3 cover (at least Rosenberg apparently confirms it when asked).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-16-2018 at 04:15 PM.