Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1688

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There'd be no Star Wars at all without Lucas, and we all know how the Prequels turned out.

Marvel's inability to move past Claremont, and their rote adherence to the nostalgia for his run is PRECISELY one of the problems facing the books now.
    Personally, I think the third prequel is the most interesting movie of the entire franchise(and the newest ones are completely horrible). While I think imitating Claremont's run(like the piss poor X-Men Gold) has been a creative catastrophe, I think Claremont's deep understanding of the characters/institutions he shaped or created outright brings a level of depth that has been sorely missing since he was last on the books(the X-Treme/XSE era) in a serious capacity. The problem with the books now is that there is no continuity. That turns off the established fan base, and what few new readers are coming to the table can't really latch on to anything because everything shifts so precipitously writer to writer. At the end of the day, the franchise reached it's greatest heights under Claremont, and Marvel made the biggest mistake throwing him away for Jim Lee(who quit a few months later anyways to found WildStorm). I loved when Morrison was on New X-Men and Claremont was on X-Treme. That was the last time the franchise felt important and good in my opinion. I don't think Claremont can take the franchise into the future alone, but his wisdom and emotional core would be a boon, for certain.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

CC's Nightcrawler was an all around drag though. Let's not get into the nightmare that was New Exiles. It doesn't help that he has become as obsessed with reliving the past as all his imitators have.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    But the point is that he will prioritize dumb time travel mishaps with Alasdair over exploring her relationship with Rachel.
    Well, Rachel/Kitty is kind of weird, even for Claremont. Remember, Rachel was a teen to Kitty's greying matron in the original Days of Future Past. I like Kitty and Karma best. He should go for that again, like in Mekanix!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    And for the record, I'm pretty sure Lord Claremont thinks Kitty is bi, like all his characters! There's room enough for everyone in the Ultimate Intimacy!
    Plus we all know that Claremont's favorite players in the Ultimate Intimacy are red-headed telepaths, and we have plenty of those at the moment.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Much thanX to Psylurker, for bringing this to attention:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...aremont-x-men/
    You're welcome! And yes, please. I think Claremont would do great working together with a few other writers on a weekly Uncanny X-Men. He's always been very collaborative and I believe working in a team would keep his personal tics and awkward tendencies (body-swaps, mind control, power swaps...) at bay. Let him join Thompson, Rosenberg and Brisson on Uncanny and watch the magic happen.

But... I have a feeling he might do a grown-up New Mutants book instead, letting Cebulski indulge his own childhood fixations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    You're welcome! And yes, please. I think Claremont would do great working together with a few other writers on a weekly Uncanny X-Men. He's always been very collaborative and I believe working in a team would keep his personal tics and awkward tendencies (body-swaps, mind control, power swaps...) at bay. Let him join Thompson, Rosenberg and Brisson on Uncanny and watch the magic happen.

But... I have a feeling he might do a grown-up New Mutants book instead, letting Cebulski indulge his own childhood fixations.
    Ugh. I can't stand any more Claremont and his Claremont Cliches. He indulges in his own fixations, too, and I'd rather not see that in a pro-written book. If I see, "Hullo" in a comic book one more time, I'm going to start screaming. I want a more PG or PG-13 rated book, books I can pass on to my grandchildren. I want new writers and new ideas instead of The Old Boys going around and around in circles.

Posted by Asrar on his IG from Uncanny #1. (thanks to the poster who brought it up in the Betsy thread, and for pointing out Betsy is going to town with her psy-knife!)

UXM1.jpg

Looks like Madrox is a problem here after all like that CBR article predicted. Should be interesting!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEnxJEg8D_/

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, Rachel/Kitty is kind of weird, even for Claremont. Remember, Rachel was a teen to Kitty's greying matron in the original Days of Future Past. I like Kitty and Karma best. He should go for that again, like in Mekanix!
    Yes, most of Kitty's girl-crushes have been rather one-sided. Magik and Rachel just seem to view her as a close friend, so there's not much to explore there. Karma could definitely work though!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Ugh. I can't stand any more Claremont and his Claremont Cliches. He indulges in his own fixations, too, and I'd rather not see that in a pro-written book. If I see, "Hullo" in a comic book one more time, I'm going to start screaming. I want a more PG or PG-13 rated book, books I can pass on to my grandchildren. I want new writers and new ideas instead of The Old Boys going around and around in circles.
    You do have PG books. Go get some Ms Marvel, Wasp, and Lunesta Lafayette and her Dinosaur and let us adults have some long needed Claremontian soap opera.

Her name is Lunella.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    You do have PG books. Go get some Ms Marvel, Wasp, and Lunesta Lafayette and her Dinosaur and let us adults have some long needed Claremontian soap opera.
    And in case you actually intend to go get these, the correct title for the last one is Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur.
    Squirrel Girl is another good suggestion, although personally, those are my two least favorite ongoings.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

It always makes me laugh how everyone wants to adhere to Claremont with such cult-like devotion, and yet Claremont not only radically shook up the line when he took control, he also attempted to defy the return to Status Quo and sliding timescale, until Editorial stepped in.

There was no sliding timescale when Claremont first came on(everything was basically real-time. If anything, he invented sliding timescale by slowing time down at a consistent rate(that increased over time, particularly after he left). And the 'status quo' of the X-Men was semi-cancelled and in reprints... Nice try though!

BANNED

Lunesta is a sleeping pill. Works very well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Lunesta is a sleeping pill. Works very well.
    Knowing Pixie, the assumed typo was probably on purpose.