Page 38 of 113 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I’m sure if there’s a way to spin money out of it, Marvel will. Anything for a plus sized issue that they can charge more for!

I’m excited by this though. And I hope they get in the Legacy numbering

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Why do i have the feeling that this Uncanny X-Men run will be a 10 issue maxi series so it can unfold the Disassebled arc the gets relaunched yet again along with a new X-Men title?
    Kinda what I took from it too. Which is how I got the feeling this is a placeholder of sorts until they actually get the Uncany xmen into a groove. I’m not so sure that disassembled will be so eventful.

What has me nervous is the description sounds similar in scale to Phoenix ressurxtion (“all hands on deck”) and both have Rosenberg.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Jean's arms look...odd...and hate that Kitty is front and center they could've brought in someone different and moved on from the Gold/Blue era. Moonstar, or Xi'an would've been a good choice because they're from a generation that aren't students anymore and are leaders in their own right....Kitty is divisive at this point. Even a guy wouldn't have been bad...Iceman maybe...I mean come on.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Jean's arms look...odd...and hate that Kitty is front and center they could've brought in someone different and moved on from the Gold/Blue era. Moonstar, or Xi'an would've been a good choice because they're from a generation that aren't students anymore and are leaders in their own right....Kitty is divisive at this point. Even a guy wouldn't have been bad...Iceman maybe...I mean come on.
    Kitty is front and center because they will be disassembling the current teams. I doubt she’s be in the main roster once the actual team is unveiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I’m sure if there’s a way to spin money out of it, Marvel will. Anything for a plus sized issue that they can charge more for!

I’m excited by this though. And I hope they get in the Legacy numbering
    Ofcourse Legacy numbering will return. Uncanny 630 with new brand new team will sell better then Uncanny 11 with brand new team.

Also I think 630 will have a new writer. My guess is Tom Taylor.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who else is getting more hopeful than ever before regarding the possible return of a New X-Men series?

As all the popular ones from that series are on the poster: Hellion, Mercury, Pixie, Dust, Armor, Rockslide, Surge, Prodigy and Anole.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Brisson & Rosenberg are writing this together? I'm getting this no questions asked

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who else is getting more hopeful than ever before regarding the possible return of a New X-Men series?

As all the popular ones from that series are on the poster: Hellion, Mercury, Pixie, Dust, Armor, Rockslide, Surge, Prodigy and Anole.
    They shouldn’t limit themselves to just that group. I think if there’s a book about the younger mutants, Idie, Hope, and/or Genesis should also be used

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kelly Thompson staying on X-Team full time.
    Banshee gets better.
    Ew. No Cable.
    EYE BOY LIVES!

Is that supposed to be white Betsy?

*looks at the other white women on the image*

HaHa OK.
    This reminds me of a panel from way back in the 80’s where Whitelocke looked sort of Asian. Ha, maybe that’s where Claremont got the idea.

If this turns out to be a fakeout and she’s still Asian then i’ll be torn between being fine with it, thinking it’s hilarious, and being sort of annoyed. No matter where one stands on the body debate, it would be wrong to jerk people around like that.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 08-13-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

I gave up on a New X-Men vol. 3, then again, I gave up on Jean ever coming back.
    If anything, we might get a book that features a couple of the New X-Men and some of those god awful newer kids.(Hope's Lights, Aaron's kids, etc.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    KT claims she's a fan of Jean Grey, but just happens to like Emma a little better.
    Where does she claim she's a fan of Jean? Link please? Because I've never read anything like that.

I'm a believer that writers should only get characters they care about because that's when you get good stories. Especially if that character is leading the team/headlining the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Xmen isn't "Friends" Xmen is "Saturday Night Live" and part of formula is rotating out people to keep it fresh.The biggest move in Xmen history was to get rid of the 05 for the original Uncanny crew. Imagine if Xmen stop adding characters after Uncanny how many A lister we won't have Bishop,Gambit,Magik, Kitty, Cable, Domino, Rogue, Deadpool, Jubilee, X23, etc.

Arguably the best known Xman Wolverine wasn't a original Xmen and love him or hate Wolverine help lift the Xmen to another level. The next big Xmen star could be there but fans are too obsessed with old. It never cross people minds but you know there is a possibility that you like a character better than ones you like now. Once again Xmen isn't Friends it is Saturday night live Dan Akord,Jim Beclushi, Chevy Chase and Bill Murray are cool but imagine never getting Eddie Murphy, Will Farrell,Adam Sandler,Chris Rock etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Disagree. X-Men, and comics in general, are a serial genre. You get to know the characters and care about them, and when they're replaced, what you were interested in is gone. Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Cable -- those guys happened when the franchise was still establishing itself.
    Yes, exactly. Each Saturday Night Live episode is unrelated to the other. It doesn't matter if you have a constantly changing cast. When you're trying to tell one long continuous story like with the X-Men, you need an established set of characters there to tell that story. You can rotate the supporting cast. If you have a big enough main cast you can make minor changes there. But you can't make too many changes or the series isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    With the movie rights coming back home, with a new editor for the comics, and now a relaunch of Uncanny, I hope they do cut the bs and bring back an X-Men franchise I can be proud to be a fan of again!
    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The main Uncanny line-up will probably spin out of the Disassembled arc, but I don't think it was suggested that the title will be relaunched after that.
    I'm thinking that the Disassembled arc will be a way for JDW and the writers taking the franchise forward to bring all the characters together to tell 1 coherent story for 10 issues with everyone and then take the franchise forward from a single starting point. I hope the arc is JDW's strategy to bring coherence back between the books and move the X-Men in a clear direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    I gave up on a New X-Men vol. 3, then again, I gave up on Jean ever coming back.
    If anything, we might get a book that features a couple of the New X-Men and some of those god awful newer kids.(Hope's Lights, Aaron's kids, etc.)
    As it should be

Prodigy, Wind Dancer, Hellion, Anole, Idie, Hope, Quentin Quire, and Gentle would make for a cool lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As it should be

Prodigy, Wind Dancer, Hellion, Anole, Idie, Hope, Quentin Quire, and Gentle would make for a cool lineup
    That sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As it should be

Aren't the first two M-day depowerings? And Quentin's busy Avengering.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't the first two M-day depowerings? And Quentin's busy Avengering.
    So? Prodigy joined the original New X-men while depowered and he's since been on Young Avengers. Wind Dancer got artificial powers in New Warriors. Besides Mothervine happened and serves as a plotpoint to have both back powered up with no further explanations

Its been mentioned that there are big plans for Quentin in the X-world so him being on West Coast Avengers doesnt prevent him from being utilized here. Come on, you know characters can be on more than one book. Thats been fairly rampant for quite some time
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-13-2018 at 05:46 PM.