Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ok. I am very excited for this.

For the first in years it seems they are really trying to build something special with the X-Men and giving them the proper respect they deserve. It will be cool to have an arch featuring so many characters once a week. The team on writing and art are good. Love love Asrar's work.

Even though I love Wolverine, Magneto and Emma and I don't mind Cyclops, it's good for them to take a back seat (if that's the case). In recent years it was all about them in the comics. Even Professor and mystique who have been overexposed in the movies are also absent here. I feel they are really hearing the fans this time.

I'm guessing Emma and Magneto are going back to being villains maybe. I wouldn't mind that.

i never had a problem with Psylocke's body swap but I understand how some fans felt about it so I hope this change will keep the pressure of her and let her just exist as a character. I'm hoping she keeps her Ninja skill though...yes guys, a white woman can also be a ninja since she's done it for years.

Very excited fo the future of the franchise now! Cant wait till we get more news. These looks would be great for a cartoon too.
    Jean, Storm and Psylocke's costumes are gorgeous!
    That era was 2001 to 2011 and ended with AvX

So ten years. We are now 2018 so we have 3 more years of this "X-Men era"

The ones pushed after 2011 were Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Psylocke and Teen Jean + the remainder of the O4 as accessories. It's been all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

The ones pushed after 2011 were Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Psylocke and Teen Jean + the remainder of the O4 as accessories. It's been all about them.
    Nah, from 2012 to 2015 Scott was still the main focus. The big overaching plot on the line at the time was what Cyclops did, what Cyclops was doing, what Cyclops was gonna do, the so called Mutant revolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah, from 2012 to 2015 Scott was still the main focus. The big overaching plot on the line at the time was what Cyclops did, what Cyclops was doing, what Cyclops was gonna do, the so called Mutant revolution...
    Nope that was the B team. The group that got all the stories and popped up around the MU was the Amazing X-Men and the O5.

And then Scott was killed twice once in Secret War and once in Death of X.

What Scott did came after and even then his team wasn't even present. Everything was imnuendo and Scott was dead after Secret War.

Nope that was the B team. The group that got all the stories and popped up around the MU was the Amazing X-Men and the O5.

And then Scott was killed twice once in Secret War and once in Death of X.

What Scott did came after and even then his team wasn't even present. Everything was imnuendo and Scott was dead after Secret War.

1 - Obviously I'm talking pre-Secret Wars. But even after we had Tyke as the protagonist of Hopeless's ANXM. And how is that he being the only X-Men with a relevant role on the Secret Wars mini itself somehow shows he wasn't the main focus of the franchise?...

2 - Bullshit. How is "Uncanny X-Men" the B team? Amazing who lasted for less than 20 issues was the main one? And when it comes to the O5, the starting premise of ANXM was Beast bringing them back to stop Old Scott from doing what he was doing. Even if Scott wasn't there in most issues, his presence was looming over the whole story. Same for the other titles too. What happened with Scott during/after AvX impacted the entire line. He was in the front of the franchise more than ever, even if as a controversial figure.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-12-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Bullshit. How is "Uncanny X-Men" the B team? Amazing who lasted for less than 20 issues was the main one? And when it comes to the O5, the starting premise of ANXM was Beast bringing them back to stop Old Scott from doing what he was doing. Even if Scott wasn't there in most issues, his presence was looming over the whole story. Same for the other titles too. What happened with Scott during/after AvX impacted the entire line. He was in the front of the franchise more than ever, even if as a controversial figure.
    No that's bullshit.

You had Amazing X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men as the flagships as well as All New and Different X-Men with the O5. The crossovers with GoG the appearances in the Avengers books were all Wolverines and Storms X-Men. The ongoings?

Secret wars was gone after 2015, Scott was dead.

Your argument is like saying Jean is constantly being referenced during her death during the 2001 to 2012 thus she's been present constantly

Hell even after AvX Yost even said we heard you were have moved Storm, Psylocke and Nightcrawler to the forefront hence Amazing X-Men,

Also Tyke is not Cyclops. They're completely different characters.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-12-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Spectacular Member

OG Jean just got back. The O5 are going away. The X-Men as a franchise are finally home where they belong with the rest of the Marvel U. I hope this is a new era - the era of the X-Women.

No that's bullshit.

You had Amazing X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men as the flagships as well as All New and Different X-Men with the O5. The crossovers with GoG the appearances in the Avengers books were all Wolverines and Storms X-Men. The ongoings?

Secret wars was gone after 2015, Scott was dead.

Your argument is like saying Jean is constantly being referenced during her death during the 2001 to 2012 thus she's been present constantly

Hell even after AvX Yost even said we heard you were have moved Storm, Psylocke and Nightcrawler to the forefront hence Amazing X-Men,

Also Tyke is not Cyclops. They're completely different characters.
    Except that Jean being mentioned while dead for her past actions while Scott being mentioned while alive for what he did a year ago and was still doing currently is completely different. The equivalent of what happened at that era would be if Jean, the "mutant nation" and all that is happening on X-Men Red was revelant for Gold, Blue and Astonishing. If their very premise was influenced by what Jean is doing on her title or some event. Jean being mentioned while dead is using her as part of another character's development without her actually getting any. But Scott being mentioned by everyone(because they were mad at him) on other titles deeply influenced his character too rather than just others.

Amazing X-Men wasn't the flagship at all. That and Adjectiveless were the least important titles. All the major storylines events and such(of the X-Line, like BOTA) were focused on what happened with both the O5 and Scott.

1 - Obviously I'm talking pre-Secret Wars. But even after we had Tyke as the protagonist of Hopeless's ANXM. And how is that he being the only X-Men with a relevant role on the Secret Wars mini itself somehow shows he wasn't the main focus of the franchise?...
    What the what now?!

Except that Jean being mentioned while dead for her past actions while Scott being mentioned while alive for what he did a year ago and was still doing currently is completely different. The equivalent of what happened at that era would be if Jean, the "mutant nation" and all that is happening on X-Men Red was revelant for Gold, Blue and Astonishing. If their very premise was influenced by what Jean is doing on her title or some event. Jean being mentioned while dead is using her as part of another character's development without her actually getting any. But Scott being mentioned by everyone(because they were mad at him) on other titles deeply influenced his character too rather than just others.

Amazing X-Men wasn't the flagship at all. That and Adjectiveless were the least important titles. All the major storylines events and such(of the X-Line, like BOTA) were focused on what happened with the O5 and Scott.
    No it's the same. Any mention of the Phoenix any red head. Anytime Scott referenced back to Jean. Going by your logic counts. Cyclops was dead for that over arching story. And received no developed just allegations he was Hitler

Amazing started off as a flagship and fans rejected it. BOtA was about the O5 not adult Scott. axis was nothing to do with Scott it was about Kid Apocalypse. Adjectiveless was definitely the flagship it sold the most. It may have been poor in quality but it sold a lot

The Scott show ended after 2011 and The X-Office even said as much. thanks

No it's the same. Anytime Scott referenced back to Jean. Going by your logic counts.
    No. My logic is what I said above starting with "Except that". Do you want me to copy paste it or what? You're just ignoring it and deciding that your logic(that it's just a way to say "It doesn't matter what you say" without any argument) is what counts.

No. My logic is what I said above starting with "Except that". Do you want me to copy paste it or what? You're just ignoring it and deciding that your logic(that it's just a way to say "It doesn't matter what you say" without any argument) is what counts.

The only person deluded here is yourself.

The characters that were pushed after AvX were Storm and X-Men Gold, Jean the teen version and the O4 were accessories. If you don't believe me you can go back and look at all the threads celebrating the end of the Scott/Emma era. You can look at Christopher Yosts comments regarding why they launched Amazing X-Men.

It's an undisputable fact that the team that liased with the rest of the Marvel universe was not Scott's team after AvX the characters showing up everywhere were Storms team and the O5.

You're spouting nonsense, if what you're writing isnt what you're trying to say then there's no way I can reach into your brain and decipher your thoughts. Your double standards are showing
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-12-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

No it didn't. It ended with Bendis so in 2015. Bendis was given the reigns of the franchise and he said Scott was his favorite character. Scott was headlining Uncanny which was a flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    No it didn't. It ended with Bendis so in 2015. Bendis was given the reigns of the franchise and he said Scott was his favorite character. Scott was headlining Uncanny which was a flagship.
    Rosenberg said Jean was his but there's some Jean fans disputing this. Scott had a reduced role after AvX. And was stuck in his corner of the Marvel universe. Bendis babies were his O5

However the "Gold team" were the main X-team during that era
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-12-2018 at 05:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Maybe Eye Boy won't be showing up in Uncanny. Brisson did confirm that he was, in fact, dead a while back.

https://twitter.com/edbrisson/status...809865217?s=19
    Thompson also said not everyone in that teaser is part of the lineup.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...65365585088513

Spectacular Member

Rosenberg said Jean was his but there's some Jean fans disputing this. Scott had a reduced role after AvX. And was stuck in his corner of the Marvel universe. Bendis babies were his O5

However the "Gold team" were the main X-team during that era
    Yes, Scott had a reduced role but after 10 years of the X-men basically being his solo instead of a team franchise that's not saying much. He was still heading a flagship. He was still front and center of the X-men driving Bendis' overall narrative with his renegade "mutant revolution", stuck in a corner but significantly affecting the perception of mutants in the greater Marvel U.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Thompson also said not everyone in that teaser is part of the lineup.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...65365585088513
    That sounds good to me. I don't like overly large rosters. If a character is only going to be wallpaper, don't bother putting them in a book. It's easier on both the artists and the writers.

There should be a poll on who makes it and who doesn't.