Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Gabby could be intended to be the new Jubilee, but I think the main reason that she's on the team/in the story/whatever (or in Red for that matter), is because X-23 is in it; as of right now, those two characters are basically a package deal.

In regards to the interview with Thompson, I feel hopeful about the story in question. Hope she wasn't idly teasing us by talking about having X-23 fight dinosaurs.
    She's intended to be Molly Hayes or what Bo was intended to be

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    nah the only reason Gabby was added to Red is bc Taylor is writing and he knew he'd be off ANW. Adding Gabby to the team was a way to keep her. Outside of Laura's series, I dont see why these two need to be joined at the hip. Within a larger team book, its easy enough to write Gabby off as being at the school hanging out with other kids or at their apartment with Jonathan
    I love Gabby, but I agree, she's been relying too much on being Laura's perkier shadow and needs an opportunity to stand somewhere on her own and develop as a character. Getting her on a new "teen" book would be a great start.

I love Gabby, and can't wait to see more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I'd double down on Hellion because of both Rosen and Thompson
    True. Looks like he's definitely doing something.

I'd be tempted to say:

Surge (cause Thompson)
    Anole (cause Thompson & Brisson)

but the day i see Surge get the attention she deserves, that'll be the day she dies......

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd prefer it if it was. As long as he kept looking like old Pocky Lips then Evan would keep repeating the exact same "oh no I'm going to grow up to become an evil mutant warlord" storyline.
    Without his powers, Evan has a chance to do something different.

Plus it doesn't hurt that he actually looks Egyptian now (blue eyes aside)
    Yeah, artists and colorists never miss a chance to add some lightness or mostly Eurocentric features to a black/brown person. But Evan just needs a writer who is willing to invest in something long term that definitively fixes his "woe is me" problem. Or just starting something fresh with him. Also,,,,,,,with that being Ancient Egypt, shouldn't Apocalypse and, by proxy, Genesis both be black? Just a question which I hope doesn't spiral into weeks worth of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I love Gabby, but I agree, she's been relying too much on being Laura's perkier shadow and needs an opportunity to stand somewhere on her own and develop as a character. Getting her on a new "teen" book would be a great start.
    A revamped Young X-Men with Gabby, Bo, Christian, Sojobo-Tengu, Karasu-Tengu, Metus & Carmen. Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir writing w/ Irene Strychalski on art.

Incorrect post. This lag is okay but not great.
    Last edited by Izanami; 08-15-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    True. Looks like he's definitely doing something.
    That "something" better include a TK Fastball Special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2de View Post
    I didn't read through all the pages in case someone has already asked.

Is Daken an X-man now? because initially, I thought it was Shatterstar before noticing there are claws popping off an X glove.
    No, that's Shatterstar. He's just got that weird thing with the blades seemingly coming out of his sleeves, rather than using his classic double-bladed swords.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    People need to calm down

That's not the uncanny roster, it's just some of X-Men appearing in this 10 part opening.

No doubt issue 2 will have another set of X-Men etc.
    This. While it's likely that a portion of this group is among the core Uncanny group, I doubt the first cover for a ten-part story will give away the team Post-Disassemble. And if Red and Astonishing continue, then there's no way all these characters are pulling double-duty. Furthermore, a team of ten would be hard to pull off, unless if it continues as weekly or bi-weekly, thus making it easier for all the characters to feature somewhat equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You have to keep in mind some mutants will be killed off in Extermination, which starts today

spoilers:
    Cable
    end of spoilers has already fallen
    I doubt spoilers:
    Cable
    end of spoilers will stay dead. At the very least, a replacement is already lined up. And with the UXM teaser already showing most of the mutants we know and love, I doubt there will be too many prominent deaths unless if there's a fakeout. I still think Magneto or Emma Frost are potential victims which is quite concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Well for the X-students the 3 Rs are “Run, Run, and Run”, so I don’t imagine they’d be hard to pick up.
    Ha. Sadly true though. What have they actually learned in their time at the school? I'd love to see their grade averages (excluding Broo and Prodigy ofc). And when it comes to a fight, they're often excluded or taken out far too easily, despite having showcased their combat capabilities on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Dani’s absence over Cypher, Magma, and possibly other NMs is truly an injustice.
    I'm with you on that. Hell, Nature Girl, Firestar and five extra Madrox's too. Is it possible they've kept Dani off the teaser b/c they don't want to spoil the return of her mutant abilities? That'd be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Interview with Kelly and cover for #2:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55582100

I guess we're getting one with Brisson and the cover for #3 tomorrow.
    Madrox gets a whole cover? Damn. He must have a big role. I don't get why he's showcasing other mutant powers though. Anyway, I love Kelly and she shares some important details (other than X-23 fighting dinosaurs- so the X-Men likely visit the Savage Land)

Sounds about right. I'm sure that'll reveal the other 8+ core characters in the event, which surely includes Rogue, Gambit, Magik & Colossus. The rest are harder to pick, though I have my suspicions. Probably Kitty Killjoy, which I hope brings her time as leader of the X-Men to a close.

Thompson also said that we can expect both classic X-Men characters as well as a few fresher faces. "[A] few of the younger crew have really big juicy roles in this story too. And I love that."
    That's great news. It renews my hope that this won't be another event where all the X-Men are involved, but the usual suspects are the only ones doing anything important. I'm guessing that Armor, Pixie, Hellion, and Anole are the characters referred to here (as favorites of the writers). Maybe Rockslide or Shark-Girl too. And Genesis, if Apocalypse is the villain of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    These Yu covers are not great. They look kind of sloppy and rushed. I wonder if the cover for #2 is just a joke or if Madrox is getting a power upgrade wherein his dupes can manifest a different mutant ability.
    I would have chosen another cover artist personally. Kris Anka, Kevin Wada, Oliver Coipel or Russell Dauterman would have been my pick. And in terms of Madrox, I think it's just a bit of fun- I doubt we're getting another case of power mimicry.

I'd prefer it if it was. As long as he kept looking like old Pocky Lips then Evan would keep repeating the exact same "oh no I'm going to grow up to become an evil mutant warlord" storyline.

Plus it doesn't hurt that he actually looks Egyptian now (blue eyes aside)
    Me too actually. The look is quite striking and the representation as one of the few existing Egyptian characters in Marvel would be nice.

A revamped Young X-Men with Gabby, Bo, Christian, Sojobo-Tengu, Karasu-Tengu, Metus & Carmen. Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir writing w/ Irene Strychalski on art.
    My counter-proposal is a Power Pack (or whatever they want to call it), written for a younger audience. Honey Badger, Molly Hayes, Kid Kaiju, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Maybe Luna Maximoff, Franklin Richards, Valeria Richards, Katie Power or Jack Power too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    That's exciting. Wonder if he's the reason for the disassembledness.

Yeah, artists and colorists never miss a chance to add some lightness or mostly Eurocentric features to a black/brown person. But Evan just needs a writer who is willing to invest in something long term that definitively fixes his "woe is me" problem. Or just starting something fresh with him. Also,,,,,,,with that being Ancient Egypt, shouldn't Apocalypse and, by proxy, Genesis both be black? Just a question which I hope doesn't spiral into weeks worth of stuff.
    I think it would depend on the era and area he's from but I wouldn't have a problem with Evan being black.

Pixie's hair is looking kinda purple.

BANNED

Excited to see the reviewer who gave Spurrier's Legacy 0.5/5 stars get a chance to write Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Excited to see the reviewer who gave Spurrier's Legacy 0.5/5 stars get a chance to write Legion!
    Who did what now?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This book sounds more exciting with each piece of news we get.

BANNED

Who did what now?
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-legacy-3/

I hope they disassemble some of those god-awful costumes (namely Jean, Kitty, and Iceman).