Page 43 of 113 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It's just the first variant. We probably get many more. I don't think they will spoil the final Uncanny team on the cover of the first of ten issues. And the at least 8 more... says at least, so probably more.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

The good:
    Jubilee
    Bishop

The bad:
    X-Men Red Jean
    X-23

The ugly:
    Yu's Beast

It's not the team I would have picked out, but it's what they do with it that counts. I'm setting my expectations low for this, but who knows.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-14-2018 at 06:19 PM.

The team looks interesting but I feel like it needs some thing. A strong guy...? Colossus, Juggernaut, Warpath, Rouge, Frenzy...someone with muscle.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-14-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

That looks to be a great start to a team. The thought...8 other characters. Ideally I'd love for them to be: Archangel, Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Polaris, Moonstar, Magik, and Sunspot. I'd almost take Magik out and replace her with Monet. Without Kitty or Colossus Magik's ties are less. Not that she's not a great character in her own right, just less close characters to play by. And substituting Monet for Magik would give more diversity. I thought about Banshee as well, but I'm not sure who'd I'd have him replace.

Any speculation over what this big event is that brings everyone together?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-14-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I like this lineup.
    Nice retro logo... but I hope we get back to legacy numbering, too, once the weekly story finishes.
    Why can't you give people irises? Psylocke is the odd woman out.
    ... I usually love Yu's art, but I don't like this? Maybe it's th coloring. Jean's hair is not red enough and Storm's costume should be BLACK, not grey. Though tbh some of the faces look weird too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Good: that cover is amazing

Bad: Rosenberg litterally said the same exact words to describe Phoenix resurrxtion: “all hands on deck, large scope, scary, fate of the world.”

I don’t know. I enjoyed resurrxtion for what it accomplished but I think it was disappointing as a story. Personally. I give folks the benefit of the doubt but using the exact same descriptors kinda makes it hard to do that.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I think the school concept has worn itself out. It just doesn't mesh any longer, and yes, that's where the bulk of the glut of excess characters is coming from.

In short, because it would be financial suicide to age out the classic characters, there's not going to be any replacement by the younger generation. They'll just continue to stagnate.
    I just miss Rico and Ziggy. I bet they won’t even be in the background of this..

The coloring doesn't help, but yeah that isn't one of Yu's best covers.

Oh I just noticed Jubilee is wearing her old ass Jim Lee costume. Make the 80's/90's nostalgia end already pls

Astonishing Member

This is an absolutely phenomenal team line-up . . . if it is a line-up. I feel like this is more of a cross-section of the characters appearing in this series and that the writers are taking more of an "everything and the kitchen sink" approach to this.

Still, it would be nice. I'd still like to see some of these characters interact. Heck, I want to see Jubilee and Cannonball trade parenting horror stories, since they've both got little ones now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ... I usually love Yu's art, but I don't like this? Maybe it's th coloring. Jean's hair is not red enough and Storm's costume should be BLACK, not grey. Though tbh some of the faces look weird too.
    Agreed. Yu is one of my favorites but this is not an example I'd show of why.

idk, aside from Beast, I think this cover is phenomenal. I'd love to have it as a poster.

Edit: Lu does draw legs/hips strangely. See the Phoenix Resurrection cover too. Still dig it though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    But also Scott is "very dead" according to him, and Jordan White, so...
    Where do they say that? Any links?

Bless Rosenberg and JDW. No Scott Summers in sight? The X-Women leading the franchise? The books coming together in a relaunched Uncanny then splitting up into team books that form 1 coherent storyline? I may have to send them gift baskets every month for the next year. Fingers very crossed it's Rosenberg that gets the keys to the kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Oh, and speaking of female empowerment, and representation:

LOLOL Rosenberg and Brisson.

And thank you X-editors and writers for giving us 26 women in the teaser image. Media influences reality. Fiction influences reality. That's why representation matters.

A few months ago, I saw a meme where the South Korean goalkeeper's inspired performance against Germany in the World Cup was compared to Wonder Woman fending off a barrage of bullets. Not Superman or Captain America but a woman. And this is why we need Wonder Woman and the X-Women.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wow! This is exciting.
    I'm loving that lineup but I think that's too big a roster for Uncanny going forward. If there are 8 more core characters that means 18 of the main cast going forward. I'm guessing they'll be split up between 3 books so 6 characters on each team. That's about the right size for a good team book.

Bishop is back and looking great. Him and Kurt did not miss Sunday gun day. Everyone looks so 90s.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

BANNED

I love that Cannonball, Bishop + Jubes are among the A-Listers. I'm not sure why Jubilee is back in the trenchcoat and gaudy glasses. Sam's goggles look goofy here too. And it bothers me that Yu doesn't give his characters irises.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s not a variant, but I wouldn’t all be surprised if issue #2 and #3 have covers of different lineups.
    Yeah, this is my expectation, with a selection of characters from the Uncanny teaser not on the cover for #1.

The ongoing series will reunite every mutant on the planet after a "tragic" event.
    This has to be referencing Extermination right? We know the O5 are gone, and Bloodstorm is MIA. Maybe the event will kill Magneto or Cable...

You might see someone you weren't expecting.
    I assume then that this individual is someone that isn't on the teaser, which means it will probably be Xavier, Cyclops or Wolverine. I'd love it to be Dani Moonstar but I doubt they'd hype up her return to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Attachment 69334

Well alrighty then!
    This kinda confirms this is indeed the core team, which is great news for Cannonball xD

I suspect the other core characters will be Multiple Man (We've seen Yu art of Madrox) plus Rogue, Gambit, Colossus, Magik, Havok, Archangel and ??? (Polaris, Banshee, Dazzler and/or Warpath probably)

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cannonball and Iceman? That's two of the team from the 4 Chan speculation blurb from Adjectiveless. I wonder if there's any truth to it
    Methinks it was a coincidence. Other information from the supposed leak (Dauterman, Marquez + ACO on art rotation, bi-weekly in January, Prof X leading etc.) has already been disproven.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    At this point, I'd be OK with the X-Men reverting to the school is a front or even ditching it altogether. The school as an actual institute of learning was a nice idea that fit thematically when the main notion driving the X-books was Morrison's depiction of mutants as a growing subculture. But it probably should have gone away for good in the aftermath of Messiah Complex. It's been a rather aimless, diluted concept since Schism, and hasn't been able to carry a book since Aaron's WatXM wrapped (and even then, it had to be a stealth-X-Kids book with Wolverine's name on it for that to work). Given that the current line editor thinks having actual students around (as opposed to, I guess, novice heroes or something) ages the cast, the current shake-up would be a good time to any to put it to rest.

My main worry would be that they'd ditch the younger characters along with the school concept.
    But then what would become of all the mutants that seek refuge there? A number of them don't have families to go back to, and the Institute has become their home. I agree the school has become a bit tired, as writers haven't done much with it in recent years, the last being Aaron, whose WatXM had mixed responses, and Strain's Gen X to a lesser extent.

My primary concern, which you've also outlined, is that the NXM and Gen X characters would be lost to limbo. Other than X-23 and Quentin Quire, none of the others are assured a place in another title. Even a revived New X-Men title, working as an equivalent to Champions or Young Avengers, couldn't possibly bring them all into the fold, so where would Indra, Loa, Trance, Bling, Hindsight etc. end up?

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Maybe the X-men can temporarily suspend the school activities and/or transfer the existing students to a different school, run by an alumnus. Keep the more prominent "students" such as the New X-men cast plus others like Idie, Evan, Quire etc as a trainee squad.
    Move the mansion to Westchester or San Francisco, or just build another. Have Sunspot as headmaster, with Northstar, Chamber, Husk, Dani Moonstar and Justice as faculty.