Page 44 of 113 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    X-23
    For me, this is the only thing that would make this worth my time to read. To each their own, huh?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-14-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Love the cover, love the team. I'm sure more are involved like KT said. But really awesome to see Cannonball and Iceman on a cover together again.
    Same. I'd be perfectly happy with this line up.

Astonishing Member

swap out beast for magik or pixie and its perfect

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There are a few changes I'd make (Beast for Rogue, Bishop for Sunspot, and Jubilee for Boom Boom) but I'm otherwise super on board for this team as is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I just miss Rico and Ziggy. I bet they won’t even be in the background of this..
    As they're Claremont kids, I didn't expect any different than for them to be written as interesting, with potential stories to tell. There are few writers that can make a reader care like Claremont can.

I do think the school has outlived itself. As others have pointed out, it seems to be a situation of soldiers in training now, rather than a place to teach mutant kids how to live with the rest of the world peacefully. It's essentially a story of segregation, isn't it? Put all these mutant kids in their own place, away from normal kids. It always has been, to a degree, which never gelled completely with what Xavier claimed his vision to be.

Lack of cohesion in the franchise has a lot to do with it. What exactly, is the status of mutantkind now? We had Scott as a militant mutant Che Guevara with violent crowds on both sides of the fence, yet Jason Aaron had students going on field trips. A few issues back had a New York crowd that attempted to murder Nightcrawler for the way he looked. X-Men Red is on the run, and Jean has apparently declared mutants as a nation. Where does a school fit in this hot mess, other than as a holding pen for writers to try their hand at creating mutants?

The X-Men can't seem to protect themselves, so why keep dragging these kids into it? It seems they might be safer dealing with bullies at home than with the death and destruction associated with the Xavier institute. What sane parent would stick their kid there, unless they wanted to just get rid of said kid (so back to a segregated holding pen)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Attachment 69333

Wow! This is exciting.
    A good team but I miss a heavy weight to serve as tank. Cannonball can fulfill this function but I see him more as a DPS.
    I wish Jean had changed the uniform.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Love the cover. I cant wait to see the othet Yu covers. I hope to see more castl shots of other X-Men.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    As they're Claremont kids, I didn't expect any different than for them to be written as interesting, with potential stories to tell. There are few writers that can make a reader care like Claremont can.

I do think the school has outlived itself. As others have pointed out, it seems to be a situation of soldiers in training now, rather than a place to teach mutant kids how to live with the rest of the world peacefully. It's essentially a story of segregation, isn't it? Put all these mutant kids in their own place, away from normal kids. It always has been, to a degree, which never gelled completely with what Xavier claimed his vision to be.

Lack of cohesion in the franchise has a lot to do with it. What exactly, is the status of mutantkind now? We had Scott as a militant mutant Che Guevara with violent crowds on both sides of the fence, yet Jason Aaron had students going on field trips. A few issues back had a New York crowd that attempted to murder Nightcrawler for the way he looked. X-Men Red is on the run, and Jean has apparently declared mutants as a nation. Where does a school fit in this hot mess, other than as a holding pen for writers to try their hand at creating mutants?

The X-Men can't seem to protect themselves, so why keep dragging these kids into it? It seems they might be safer dealing with bullies at home than with the death and destruction associated with the Xavier institute. What sane parent would stick their kid there, unless they wanted to just get rid of said kid (so back to a segregated holding pen)?
    I don’t necessarily disagree with you. But I would hate to see these kids fade from existence. If there is a way to keep them involved.. just not being at school.. I’d be down..

I mean I don’t want to see Dust, Eye Boy, and Nature Girl.. go anywhere. I’m loving Glob recently as well as a lot of others loving him.

Then again I am sick of kids being disposable. Thankfully it wasn’t x men editors who made Eye Boy die cause if it were he wouldn’t be back. Also Jay Guthrie from the New X-Men era. Squid Boy.. maybe the only great thing Austen created. Jay Guthrie is a Mantlo creation. I know She Lies With Angels brought him to the line light.. but he was created long ago.

I mean the Jay Guthrie death still hits hard. He’ll likely never be back. So yeah... Students are hard. I want them around.. but the more they are around.. the bigger chance of death.

I love the writers involved with this. You all know I’m sad to see Bunn off the books but he had a good run.

I wish Gen X was a success cause I would love to see more with Christina Strain but will she ever get another chance? Idk. She deserves one.

And you all know I think Guggenheim gets way to much hate. I think he was great. But I do think Matt, Kelly, and Ed were the best three for this. Even though I think Bunn is my fave of these 5. They all have brought some great stuff to the book imo. Yes, I have no pics for each one. But all in all I think they are all great. I enjoyed Sims Grace stuff as well. But whenever these Iceman solos are finished for good. Like Christina Strain? Will Sina get another chance with an x book? Sadly I don’t. Hope I’m wrong about Strain. She deserves to be writing X books forever. But it is what is is.

I think any student that was able to survive Decimation and Utopia deserves a spot on the X-Men. Ink doesn't count. Anyways yeah those kids, even the Lights, held their own against EVERYTHING that came at them. From Bastion and his Sentinels to the Human Council to the Death Goddess Selene and her army of the dead to Belasco and the hordes of demons to buses to the Legacy Virus to H.A.M.M.E.R. to the Marauders to the Facility Leper Queen to the Dark Avengers to the Acolytes to Predator X to their very own AoA-esque Legion f*ckfest to random monsters. I mean.................I know whatever the threat is this time is being hyped to hell but is that really enough to these kids??? I guess whatever shock value death is big enough to make headlines, I guess...........

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Hellion is immortal.

He's been stabbed, shot, bitten into, mpoxed, legacy virused and so on and is still kickin
    He's went through toooooooooo much to die now. I don't even see how Mercury could be killed in any conventional method. Surge...........I'm worried about. Plus, David's depowered. Those two are all but goners.
    Last edited by Tycon; 08-14-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Same. I'd be perfectly happy with this line up.
    Me too!

So much good chemistry here:
    Psylocke x X-23
    Storm x Bishop
    Jean x Storm
    Psylocke x Nightcrawler
    Iceman x Cannonball
    Storm x Psylocke
    Jubilee x X-23
    Beast x Jean
    Psylocke x Jubilee
    Nightcrawler x Storm
    Bishop x Psylocke

As for the other 8 I hope they are: Multiple Man, Rogue, Gambit, Polaris, Havok, Archangel, Dazzler and Northstar.

I do think the school has outlived itself.
    Amen. Let's be real, the school was always a place to train X-Men. Children of the atom who would show the world how essential mutants are by saving the very ones who hate and fear them. It was a place for elite mutants to train to become superheroes. It was never supposed to be a Harry Potter school with all these lame weirdos stuffing up the halls(that was child predator Bryan Singer's idea...). X-Men are mutant superheroes. Claremont made us love them intricately; he showed them as multidimensional beings with hearts and dreams and desires, but at the end of the day, they use their mutant powers to blow **** up and save the world. Somewhere along the way that got lost.

Trim the fat.

Make the X-Men Uncanny again!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing another mass purge to get rid of the unnecsary teenage mutants that have been added since Second Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    A good team but I miss a heavy weight to serve as tank. Cannonball can fulfill this function but I see him more as a DPS.
    I wish Jean had changed the uniform.
    thats what Beast is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Any speculation over what this big event is that brings everyone together?
    The word tragic is used. I'm thinking it's going be the Extermination fallout, as #5 should coincide with the launch of Uncanny. It's clear that the O5 will depart at this point, and it's possible Bloodstorm, Magneto, Cable or Emma Frost die too, which would be a tragedy of epic proportions as I love 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Oh I just noticed Jubilee is wearing her old ass Jim Lee costume. Make the 80's/90's nostalgia end already pls
    I know right? I mean, the recent Gen X series had a stellar look for her, so I don't know why they didn't run with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Heck, I want to see Jubilee and Cannonball trade parenting horror stories, since they've both got little ones now.
    I keep forgetting that Sam has a child, who happens to be a mutant btw. I could do without Isabel Kane/Smasher as his long-term partner, just because she read as really vanilla to me and was one of my least-favorite Hickman additions. But yes, Josiah and Shogo need playdates now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    swap out beast for magik or pixie and its perfect
    Rosenberg has a lot of work to do with Hank in Astonishing before I'll consider forgiving him. Zub's Beast was a lot like his old self which I liked, so something along those lines would be great, though he should be apologetic too. I feel like Magik will be among the other 8+ core characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

Psylocke x X-23
    Storm x Bishop
    Jean x Storm
    Psylocke x Nightcrawler
    Iceman x Cannonball
    Storm x Psylocke
    Jubilee x X-23
    Beast x Jean
    Psylocke x Jubilee
    Nightcrawler x Storm
    Bishop x Psylocke

As for the other 8, I hope they are: Multiple Man, Rogue, Gambit, Polaris, Havok, Archangel, Dazzler, and Northstar.
    It closely resembles an Uncanny roster I've outlined in the past for this exact reason. So many intrinsic relationships. And there remains room for new dynamics too- especially in regards to Cannonball and X-23, who I suppose could be considered newcomers in comparison to the others. I'd still happily trade Beast for Archangel though...

Regarding the other eight, I pointed out a very similar group in my last post. Colossus + Magik will probably get chosen over Dazzler + Northstar though, as they're writers favorites, and probably more integral to the X-Men overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Me too!

Psylocke x X-23
    Storm x Bishop
    Jean x Storm
    Psylocke x Nightcrawler
    Iceman x Cannonball
    Storm x Psylocke
    Jubilee x X-23
    Beast x Jean
    Psylocke x Jubilee
    Nightcrawler x Storm
    Bishop x Psylocke

As for the other 8 I hope they are: Multiple Man, Rogue, Gambit, Polaris, Havok, Archangel, Dazzler and Northstar.
    Bishop & Bobby could be interesting too after their dynamics in the Iceman mini story.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    For me, this is the only thing that would make this worth my time to read. To each their own, huh?
    I like the team a lot but Laura makes it something I'll pickup