Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    JDW says it's gonna end in a way that many won't be expecting. I, once again, hope this is not a bunch of hype that leads to nothing. Or over-hype. Hopefully, we'll get a good new direction with continuity & stability to the X-Franchise.
    As long as it does not end in another apocalyptic event, decimation or other disease killing mutants will be a win for the readers.

#620? Yes, Bunn's run got cut far too short.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-12-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It would be perfect if Rico and Ziggy were in it!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think people interpreted the X-Men 200 cover that way. You might see everyone on that poster in one panel or so. Like even if you had 5 books with no crossover in teams you couldn't fit all those characters on the cover into a story.
    I may be misinterpreting what was said. I take that as meaning they won't be appearing at all and were just on the promo for aesthetic. Of course not everyone will get the same amount of focus and character work, but I'm AT LEAST hoping to see everyone included somewhere and hopefully speak a line or two. well..........except Eye Boy which breaks my theory.......mmmmmmmmmnevermind im still pumped.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I'm not one to defend Scemma...
    I'd put you more in the "Jott hater" category than the "Scemma shipper" category.

...and I really don't care to have any character I care about involved with either part of that particular duo, Jean least of all, but I doubt anyone can present a compelling argument that Jott is somehow more interesting than Scemma or that it provides more opportunity for dynamic character interaction.
    Compelling to you? No. But, then, you hate Jott. Trying to make such an argument to you (and those who share your view) is a pointless waste of time. You'll automatically dismiss any such argument out of hand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I'd put you more in the "Jott hater" category than the "Scemma shipper" category.

Compelling to you? No. But, then, you hate Jott. Trying to make such an argument to you (and those who share your view) is a pointless waste of time. You'll automatically dismiss any such argument out of hand.
    Especially if it's just something like "because they have lots of kids from the future".

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    She sounds determined to stuff more Scott/Emma down our throats. Jean would be a second thought so her return would then still be wasted.

Tell that to the X-editors and writers who gave us the Scott show for 14-15 years. I'd be happy to dig up my deluge of quotes from Morrison all the way to Bendis.
    It amazes me that so many people on this board take Thompson's view of liking Emma more than Jean as some kind of personal attack. Not everyone has the same "zero sum" myopic view that just because one character gets some good treatment means that another character gets crappy treatment. There is more than enough room in the X-universe for Emma and Jean to be in different spotlights doing different things.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    JEAN should have a chance, yes. ROGUE should continue to have/share her own title and possibly lead an X-Men team. Not necessarily all of the X-Women. Storm and Kitty have been trying to lead the franchise. It hasn't been going well.
    As much as I like Storm, this is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It amazes me that so many people on this board take Thompson's view of liking Emma more than Jean as some kind of personal attack. Not everyone has the same "zero sum" myopic view that just because one character gets some good treatment means that another character gets crappy treatment. There is more than enough room in the X-universe for Emma and Jean to be in different spotlights doing different things.
    As they should be

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Especially considering she doesn't even say she dislikes Jean. She just says the Jott relationship was romanticised which is a common trope in the 90s.

If a writer said they'd favoured Storm or anyone else you'd get the same response. It's the same reaction you'd the if you tried to pry away the ring of power from Golem.

BANNED

I wish a writer would say they are a big fan of Storm.

We haven't had one of those since Claremont himself.

BANNED

Well, I have to agree with Kelly Thompson. I feel exactly the same as her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I have an idea for what the X-Men need beyond certain characthers in the spotligth, it sounds crazy but bear with i call it: good writting and a solid direction "gasp"

But seriously, who lead the franchise is irrelevant, there is no main characther in the X-Men regardless of certain directions that writers has took in the past. I'm directing these to all the fanbases that keep harping on that theme.
    Yep, making the franchise revolve around the decisions of one character (or even the dynamic of two) is part of what has brought them so low now. We had a decade and a half where editorial saw Cyclops as the axle around which the X-Men turned, and Axel Alonso said as much. People who started reading from 2001-2015 actually believed it, which is sad. Too many characters to count were put on the back burner for this, so yeah, once that era was over, there's a major vacuum. People who are Whedon/Morrison era fans seem to kind of have this thing of "who are these other people and why should I care about them?" because that's how they were written for so long. They didn't matter to the franchise narrative. Guggenheim only continued the same nonsense in Gold (and failed abysmally). What editorial needs to understand is that there shouldn't be just a couple of characters that are the backbone of the X-Men, that are so pivotal to the narrative that they have to be included in everything.

BANNED

Sorry to see the thread took a wrong turn for a bit, but glad it seems to be back on track, now.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Rosenberg certainly says all the right things. ... it's great hearing that he's so enthusiastic about writing Uncanny.
    Ditto, he certainly does, and that's why I'm so stoked for him gettin' the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    ... Older characters aging out to make way for younger ones is a way to finish destroying the franchise, in my opinion. It works the same for the Avengers. Fred Smith, super-mechanic, isn't going to replace Tony Stark any more than Oya will replace Storm, Pixie will replace Magik, or Rockslide will replace Colossus.
    Yep, ya gotta balance the creative aspect, with a business perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Thompson also said not everyone in that teaser is part of the lineup.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...65365585088513

Seriously though, I'd like 'em all to contribute at least SOMEthing, or else I'll be disappointed.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-12-2018 at 05:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You just confused Transonic with Negasonic Teenage Warhead - who by the way is relevant again as supporting cast in Deadpool.

It'll exceed it. 619 + 72 = 691. That means #9 would be LGY #700. Blue was a continuation of All-New X-Men, it shouldn't count towards Uncanny's numbering.
    Are you forgetting the Bunn run starring Magneto which ran between Secret Wars and IVX? It'd be 620, not 601.
    The numbering is killing me.