Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Not here for the Glob love, but liking the rest of it.

Astonishing Member

I hope pixie gets some big moments with any luck she and they younger xmen get on a team after this (new xmen volume 3 lead by Laura )

uncx2018003_cov_0.jpg

Brisson: "Anyone who's read any of my work knows that I love to put characters through the wringer, and UNCANNY X-MEN will not be an exception. We're pushing some of these characters in ways that they've never been pushed before. Characters who maybe haven't had the spotlight in the past are going to have to step up and prove that they deserve to be on this team. We've given some of the younger X-Men, including my personal favorite, Glob, a chance to really shine, which I'm thrilled about."

"This book will keep you guessing at every turn. There are going to be some pretty big players you haven't seen in a while doing some downright crazy stuff."

Sounds promising to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    uncx2018003_cov_0.jpg

Brisson: "Anyone who's read any of my work knows that I love to put characters through the wringer, and UNCANNY X-MEN will not be an exception. We're pushing some of these characters in ways that they've never been pushed before. Characters who maybe haven't had the spotlight in the past are going to have to step up and prove that they deserve to be on this team. We've given some of the younger X-Men, including my personal favorite, Glob, a chance to really shine, which I'm thrilled about."

"This book will keep you guessing at every turn. There are going to be some pretty big players you haven't seen in a while doing some downright crazy stuff."

Sounds promising to me!
    Great cover! Really looking forward to this. I really like the idea of characters like Glob having a chance to shine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I hope pixie gets some big moments with any luck she and they younger xmen get on a team after this (new xmen volume 3 lead by Laura )
    IMO she’s outgrown them but putting her there would definitely help sales

Never expected to see Pixie and Rockslide in an Uncanny X-Men cover in 2018, so that's nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    (new xmen volume 3 lead by Laura )
    I'd pull that. Would love to see Laura get a chance to lead her own team.

Not feeling these Leinil covers. The teaser image is so much better. I'm happy for Pixie. She and Hellion were always my favorite NXM kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Legion will be ohmigod cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    nah the only reason Gabby was added to Red is bc Taylor is writing and he knew he'd be off ANW. Adding Gabby to the team was a way to keep her. Outside of Laura's series, I dont see why these two need to be joined at the hip. Within a larger team book, its easy enough to write Gabby off as being at the school hanging out with other kids or at their apartment with Jonathan
    However, both the All-New Wolverine and X-23 series have shown that the two tend to work together a lot. Not saying that Gabby needs to be in everything that Laura is (there have been a few stories showing her going alone on something), but the setup strongly favors them as a duo over single acts.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She's intended to be Molly Hayes or what Bo was intended to be
    Don't know who Bo is, but I can see the parallels with Molly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I love Gabby, but I agree, she's been relying too much on being Laura's perkier shadow and needs an opportunity to stand somewhere on her own and develop as a character. Getting her on a new "teen" book would be a great start.
    Interesting question: Should Gabby branch out (either as in making solo guest appearances or being a lead in her own thing), or should she stay an X-23 character?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Does anyone have an idea who the other half dude is? On the Jean/Bishop side it's Legion, but who is that on the Pixie/Rockslide side?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Does anyone have an idea who the other half dude is? On the Jean/Bishop side it's Legion, but who is that on the Pixie/Rockslide side?
    I thought it might be X

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Interesting question: Should Gabby branch out (either as in making solo guest appearances or being a lead in her own thing), or should she stay an X-23 character?
    I think she'd benefit a lot by branching out and not being joined to Laura's hip. Let her have some stories and development on her own, especially interacting with others closer to her own age (either outside the X-Books like Molly, or a new underclassmen team). The benefit she'd have over the other junior teams is that by also being associated with Laura she's not going to be as at-risk of being wallpapered since she can also appear with her sis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought it might be X
    If X decides to grow his hair out...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

If X decides to grow his hair out...
    And coloured it brown.

My thought is that Legion is walking around as a normal dude and is torn between personalities again. The Legion we know on the right, his "Clark Kent" persona on the left.

I think she'd benefit a lot by branching out and not being joined to Laura's hip. Let her have some stories and development on her own, especially interacting with others closer to her own age (either outside the X-Books like Molly, or a new underclassmen team). The benefit she'd have over the other junior teams is that by also being associated with Laura she's not going to be as at-risk of being wallpapered since she can also appear with her sis.
    Outside the X books? That's basically Champions or Runaways then?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman