Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'm ALL for the X-books being an ongoing, interconnected...

... soap opera like ensemble, again.
    This is exactly what I want. I think everyone else should want this. This format is what made the X-Men so successful. If this JD guy can make it happen, he should be praised.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Oops
    Error 4o4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    This is exactly what I want. I think everyone else should want this. This format is what made the X-Men so successful. If this JD guy can make it happen, he should be praised.
    I'm with ya all the way, and recapturing that:

If it were ever gonna strike twice, now's the time.

I don't believe good things are on the horizon, GREAT things are, MONUMENTAL things! Whether it be in comics, film, television, animation, video games, you name it, the X-men are being prepped... to TAKE OVER the WORLD! And with this upcoming Uncanny reduX...

... we're seeing the genesis of all that, the "Dawn of the Mutant Age."
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-13-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Disagree. X-Men, and comics in general, are a serial genre. You get to know the characters and care about them, and when they're replaced, what you were interested in is gone. Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Cable -- those guys happened when the franchise was still establishing itself. Gambit and Jubilee were originally designed as replacements, per Claremont, for Nightcrawler and Kitty. Gambit and Jubilee stuck around because they were significantly different enough in power set and visuals to peacefully coexist.
    I can relate. I get in invested in characters, not teams with constantly rotating rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    X-23 is the only break out star in the past 20 years.
    Wonder why.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Yaaasss... X-women front and center. The way it should be. I hope this makes it's way into the MCU and other forms of media. If the Avengers are the old school boys' club, the X-Men should be the upstarts, the rebels, an example of diversity and inclusiveness of the underrepresented. ...
    ... the Xwomen Xtraordinaire...LIVE!...

Hope the:

... SURVIVES the...

... Xperience!!!!
    ;D

That statement from Elastigirl is actually ahead of it's time considering Incredibles is set in the 60s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It would be perfect if Rico and Ziggy were in it!
    Oof. They were great, but with Chamber, Mirage, Karma, Rictor, Blink, Siryn, Monet, Danger, Frenzy, Indra, Loa, Trance, Bling, Legion etc. absent, the chances of Rico and Ziggy making the cut are so slim. Best we could hope for regarding their presence is a background cameo among the students. My headcanon is that they're in Nightcrawler's class, just as Roxy, Trevor + Quentin were in Jubilee's class (and like I assume Sprite is with Kitty, Rockslide is with Chamber etc.)

Seriously though, I'd like 'em all to contribute at least SOMEthing, or else I'll be disappointed.[/CENTER]
    It sounds like at least a couple X-Men not normally in the spotlight will have biggish roles. I'm not sure which characters they'll be though- that's dependant on writers choice and on editorial. We know Jubilee + Bishop at least are big players which is really exciting. Kelly has already said she'll be writing parts for Psylocke, Pixie + Armor. Brisson seems to fond of Glob, Anole and Shark-Girl, and I'm sure Rosenberg will be making use of his Dead Souls and Astonishing rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Kelly Thompson is going to write Psylocke in Uncanny? That’s something to look forward to.
    I know right? It'll be interesting to see her take on British Betsy. I'm assuming it'll be the first title beyond Mystery in Madripoor that Psylocke will feature too, and possibly the point where we'll see other X-Men react to this recent development.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think it necessarily means we won't be getting a NXM/younger generation book out of this. It does make me wonder if we're about to lose the Mutant Hogwarts status that the school's had on and off since the early 2000's in this event.
    I hope it does, but I'll try to contain my optimism for the project in case the NXM are sidelined again. And that's quite possible, since the Xavier Institute in Central Park is said to be addressed in issues 1-6, and Extermination and/or Disassemble may mean that the X-Men's 'Hogwarts' is no more- I'm not sure how I'd feel about that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...nches-january/
    BC thinks that all the books will be put on pause because of the UXM relaunch... let's see how this plays out

now that I think about this would make sense seeing as how JD has stated he much would rather want a cohesive line and better attention to continuity with the X-books
    Interesting. I'd be fine with a brief hiatus for the 10 issues of UXM (it's healthier for my budget too). They may shake up the rosters again, after character developments and potential deaths in upcoming events. I hope Astonishing stays, though it could do with the addition of a female X-Man to the roster. Red could be folded into Uncanny, and thus end the color-coded X-Men wave. It would be nice to see some unity across the X-Line too- it's frustrating how often the timeline is ignored, and often developments for a character in one title are ignored in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m thinking he’ll show up. Either here or somewhere else. They definitely have plans for him. They’ve teased it multiple times, and BC said so in a rumor as well.
    I'm optimistic about an X-Force relaunch. The timing would be perfect, and there are plenty of characters up for grabs. I'd love to see Brisson tackle the concept- and bring back Clayton Crain on art...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, showing Cable at the moment would probably spoil Extermination... though I suppose the O5 and Bloodstorm's absence speaks volumes about that event's ending anyway...
    He has to have a big role in Extermination right? It's an apocalyptic future involving the fate of his parents. Sad to see Bloodstorm (her death is practically assured) but it's refreshing to see the O5 gone and other characters in their stead.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The main Uncanny line-up will probably spin out of the Disassembled arc, but I don't think it was suggested that the title will be relaunched after that.
    I think it's highly likely that Psylocke, Bishop & Jubilee are on the permanent UXM title post-Dissasemble. Depending on the fate of Red, they may be joined by Jean, Kurt, Ororo + Remy. That's a pretty strong team. If not them, there remain dozens of candidates for the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As it should be

Prodigy, Wind Dancer, Hellion, Anole, Idie, Hope, Quentin Quire, and Gentle would make for a cool lineup
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Hope and Quentin but no Rockslide, Mercury, Dust, Armor or Surge? That's hardly the New X-Men I know and love

BANNED

Jim Cheung teased a piece of art on his Instagram of bishop in action but could be a cover.

I'm hoping the X books are more connected like they use to be, I use to love seeing a little box telling me to check out X force/factor/wolverine/gen X etc for details.

The crossovers in X books, events affecting our books.

I wonder if this uncanny #1 can top fantastic Four #1 in sales.

Suck it Ike

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Jim Cheung teased a piece of art on his Instagram of bishop in action but could be a cover.

I'm hoping the X books are more connected like they use to be, I use to love seeing a little box telling me to check out X force/factor/wolverine/gen X etc for details.

Suck it Ike
    UXM #1 outselling F4 #1 is guaranteed. Even a new X-force could potentially outsell the first family with a kick-ass creative team and roster.

Suck it Ike
    Cheung`s pic.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmbhp04H...d=n2d9qevm5h9m

I think he will draw interiors for some Uncanny issue.
    Glad he is back on X-Men.

Suck it Ike
    Cheung`s pic.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmbhp04H...d=n2d9qevm5h9m

I think he will draw interiors for some Uncanny issue.
    Glad he is back on X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    UXM #1 outselling F4 #1 is guaranteed. Even a new X-force could potentially outsell the first family with a kick-ass creative team and roster.
    UXM is not selling over 400k lol. They'll be lucky to read Whedon Astonishing's 200k.

BANNED

Uh-oh, now we've gone & done it, https://twitter.com/AshcanPress:

And as a result of our clamorous badgering, they're going to kill EVERYbody! I'm sorry Lorna & Ali, I just wanted SO badly, for Dani to be there with the two of you. And Bobby, Warren, Shiro, etc. ... I have to learn to count my blessings better, and be more appreciative of what I've been given, as opposed to lamenting what I feel is missing. Please forgive me/us, TPTB @ Marvel, satisfaction is a tricky thing. Hopefully in the future, we won't bite the hand that feeds us, so often... and so hard.

Oh, and speaking of female empowerment, and representation:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    UXM is not selling over 400k lol. They'll be lucky to read Whedon Astonishing's 200k.
    Yeah, it was my understanding, that F4 #1 is goin' gangbusters. Like Batman #50 numbers, and deservedly so/with good reason.

Also, CBR member Arachne asked JDW 'bout why Moonstar was missin' from the UXMD teaser, https://twitter.com/cracksh0t:

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I hope it does, but I'll try to contain my optimism for the project in case the NXM are sidelined again. And that's quite possible, since the Xavier Institute in Central Park is said to be addressed in issues 1-6, and Extermination and/or Disassemble may mean that the X-Men's 'Hogwarts' is no more- I'm not sure how I'd feel about that tbh.
    At this point, I'd be OK with the X-Men reverting to the school being a front or even ditching it altogether. The school as an actual institute of learning was a nice idea that fit thematically when the main notion driving the X-books was Morrison's depiction of mutants as a growing subculture. But it probably should have gone away for good in the aftermath of Messiah Complex. It's been a rather aimless, diluted concept since Schism, and hasn't been able to carry a book since Aaron's WatXM wrapped (and even then, it had to be a stealth-X-Kids book with Wolverine's name on it for that to work). Given that the current line editor thinks having actual students around (as opposed to, I guess, novice heroes or something) ages the cast, the current shake-up would be a good time to any to put it to rest.

My main worry would be that they'd ditch the younger characters along with the school concept.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-14-2018 at 06:57 AM.