Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'd read the hell out of that.
    Fingers crossed for something on the horizon.

BANNED

Like how Lorna & JP are right neXt to each other, too, 'cause Polaris = the North Star. They're literally 2 different names, for the eXact same thing. Not to mention, her MASSIVE EM abilities combined with his CONSIDERABLE light & speed powers, would make them a true... DUO-FORCE, to be reckoned with. 8D

Cyclops and Wolverine are "dead"/missing and Emma and Magneto are villains atm. Don't know why people would expect to show up in this teaser. And Cable's future is probably related to whatever happens in Extermination, I guess.

Also no idea why the 4chan rumors are still being talked about when they have already been proven entirely fake with the Hickman writing Uncanny/New X-Men stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Haters, quite the quaint vernacular. Let the writer write.
    Writers and editors have their favorites and not so favourites just like anyone else. Letting the writer write (as if we have a choice) is how you get Fraction/Bendis characters lol

I don't know how people can say Rosenberg hates Jean when he pitched a way to bring her back. Additionally people were definitely singing a different tune when the issued were rolling out. The story fell flat on it's face because Rosenberg was trying to please fanboys. Trying to please the most rabid of fanboys is how you get Chuck Austen. I'll take Fraction and Bendis over that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Same. I just can't see Red continuing during or after this Uncanny event thing.
    I think Uncanny's Disassembled web, will be spun directly from the events of Extermination ("tragic disappearance"), and the Black books ("mystery"... ?). Apocalypse probably = "threatens to destroy"/"earth-shattering." Astonishing & Red's initial plots should be winding down by then, and may be only tangentially related, in regards to their lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    ... I understand that Marvel love their #1's and their spin-off books, but even in the short term (as in, from issue 2 onwards), a single weekly Uncanny X-Men book will always do better than a monthly/bi-weekly Uncanny plus X-Force, X-Factor etc.
    This is a sound argument, that hopefully TPTB, are listening to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    ... I'll take Fraction and Bendis over that.
    Take them, PLEASE, you can have them. ;p
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-11-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Take them, PLEASE, you can have them. ;p
    Give me 100 Fraction/Bendis stories over Chuck Austen's two penis Pape Nightcrawler and and his Brotherhood.

If it weren't for Grant Morrison throwing Austen a bone by letting him in on the Xorn secret you'd have nothing. Hell he even ruined SPICE

Bendis and Fraction were definitely better than Austen, but that wasn't hard to do.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-02-2018 at 06:19 PM.

BANNED

I don't know how people can say Rosenberg hates Jean when he pitched a way to bring her back. Additionally people were definitely singing a different tune when the issued were rolling out. The story fell flat on it's face because Rosenberg was trying to please fanboys. Trying to please the most rabid of fanboys is how you get Chuck Austen. I'll take Fraction and Bendis over that.
    As comics writer, you mostly take whatever job you can get, even if they tell you "the book will be about this character", especially if it is a well-known character.

That said, maybe I've implied too much malice on his part. We'll see. There is a pattern forming though.

Don't be surprised if Jean Grey spends her time consistently being generally ineffective and moping because she doesn't want to live without her man. Seems to be central to his version of the character already.

But it is early yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    As comics writer, you mostly take whatever job you can get, even if they tell you "the book will be about this character", especially if it is a well-known character.

That said, maybe I've implied too much malice on his part. We'll see. There is a pattern forming though.

Don't be surprised if Jean Grey spends her time consistently being generally ineffective and moping because she doesn't want to live without her man. Seems to be central to his version of the character already.

But it is early yet.
    That's a take you're not happy with. The fact that he is an avid Jott Fan means he likes the character. And likes it in a different way then you.

He pitched the story. He knows the character which is evident from the reaction of fans to his Phoenix Ressurection love letter.

She would be mopey if anything it's the take that Buffy Summers had when she was ressurected from death

I can think of at least 20 characters Rosenberg "hates" more then Jean going by the same logic you used

Default Original Madrox is back

BANNED

Give me 100 Fraction/Bendis stories over Chuck Austen's two penis Pape Nightcrawler and and his Brotherhood.

If it weren't for Grant Morrison throwing Austen a bone by letting him in on the Xorn secret you'd have nothing. Hell he even ruined SPICE
    I can take or leave the whole lot of 'em, TBH, as I'm not really beholden to any.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-11-2018 at 09:36 AM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Go read X-23.

Don't threaten me with a bad time

Ive been out of the loop for awhile.
    Is Cyclops dead or something?