Page 35 of 113 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I think you're talking power set again, not role in the X-Men core team, because Boom Boom never had a role in the core team.
    No, I meant what I said. Claremont wanted Boom Boom in UXM, but was blocked from getting her.. Jubilee was created to be a replacement in the stories he had planned for Boom Boom. Being a mallrat, orphan, eccentric fashion sense, loud personality, impulsive....that was all Boom Boom and thats before one brings in the power comparison. Had Claremont gotten his way, Jubilee would have never been created. She only came about bc Simonson suggested he make "his own Boom Boom" which he proceeded to do

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, I meant what I said. Claremont wanted Boom Boom in UXM, but was blocked from getting her.. Jubilee was created to be a replacement in the stories he had planned for Boom Boom. Being a mallrat, orphan, eccentric fashion sense, loud personality, impulsive....that was all Boom Boom and thats before one brings in the power comparison. Had Claremont gotten his way, Jubilee would have never been created. She only came about bc Simonson suggested he make "his own Boom Boom" which he proceeded to do
    I will be forever grateful to Simonson for her stubbornness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    By that logic, endorsing Xavier is endorsing slavery from when he enslaved Danger, endorsing Gambit is endorsing theft, and endorsing Jean is endorsing genocide.
    Mike Carey retconned Xavier's enslavement of Danger. Jean was absolved by retcon--it was the Phoenix Force, not her.

And, yes, Gambit is a thief and a criminal. An anti-hero at best. And, yes, he deserves to be held to account.

Know what is really offensive? Acting like a therapist breaking every code of psychological conduct and forcing a telepathic affair with a man suffering from PTSD is the man's fault.
    I actually agree with you on this.

I love Emma, but what she did was sleazy as hell. I dislike Scott, but acting like Emma isn't somewhere between 85-99% responsible for that is revisionism.
    It's more 60/40 with Emma bearing the 60%. She's primarily responsible, but Scott wasn't mentally incapacitated or morally non-functional. He was depressed, not insane.

Mighty Member

So I dunno what will appease them at this point.
    For me personally? Jean telekinetically beating the ever-loving **** out of Emma and then telepathically forcing her to experience first-hand what Scott's betrayal felt like. As for Scott--a proper redemption arc with Scott taking responsibility for his wrongdoing (Bendis got him a good start), atoning for all his bullshit, and growing back into the boy scout he's supposed to be. That, or a retcon that wipes it all away and resets him back to where he was circa 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    For me personally? Jean telekinetically beating the ever-loving **** out of Emma and then telepathically forcing her to experience first-hand what Scott's betrayal felt like. As for Scott--a proper redemption arc with Scott taking responsibility for his wrongdoing (Bendis got him a good start), atoning for all his bullshit, and growing back into the boy scout he's supposed to be. That, or a retcon that wipes it all away and resets him back to where he was circa 1997.
    So... what you want... already happened...

New X-Men #139... you know, one chapter after Jean found out. Jean nearly killed Emma out right, and gave her the kind of telepathic beating normally only reserved for people like Apocalypse.

Feel free to re-read it all you want.

This whole thread isn't even about Scott, Jean, Emma or Jott/Scemma and yet the same, tired "Jean fans" keep bringing this mess up like it's going to change something. Stop already.

Trouble in the X-Office
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So... what you want... already happened...

New X-Men #139... you know, one chapter after Jean found out. Jean nearly killed Emma out right, and gave her the kind of telepathic beating normally only reserved for people like Apocalypse.

Feel free to re-read it all you want.
    I wouldn't try and engage with William Stryker there about "morality and relatively" and adultery being worse then genocide committed by many members, child soldiers etc

At this point it would be great to see Kelly Thompson reunite them just to watch heads explode.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-13-2018 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Trouble in the X-Office
    Whole lotta caffeine in the X-office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Trouble in the X-Office
    They don't have to hurt Gabby. I'd be happy if Gabby's mouth was duct taped shut just to stop her from spouting cutesy stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    They don't have to hurt Gabby. I'd be happy if Gabby's mouth was duct taped shut just to stop her from spouting cutesy stupid stuff.
    I second this.

BANNED

I don't think they'll be satisfied until Scott and Emma's reputations are ruined and they're dragged through the streets.

Oh wait... editorial basically did that for the last two years. So I dunno what will appease them at this point.
    Yet,not really worked that much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I second this.
    I second this 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    So in jay and miles xplain the xmen, they asked JD white on how he felt about a x-kids book, a book that's focused on the school and he said that hes not so sure on that subject as he feels that some of the xmen are getting too old or something like that...so dont expect a new xmen book anytime soon
    https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/0...me-my-x-books/ around the 20ish something mark.
    I don't think it necessarily means we won't be getting a NXM/younger generation book out of this. It does make me wonder if we're about to lose the Mutant Hogwarts status that the school's had on and off since the early 2000's in this event.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...nches-january/
    BC thinks that all the books will be put on pause because of the UXM relaunch...lets see how this plays out

now that I think about this would make sense seeing as how JD has stated he much would rather want a cohesive line, and better attention to continuity with the xbooks
    Last edited by Diammandis; 08-13-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer