Page 65 of 113 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I wish they would phase out Nightcrawler, Colossus, Havok, Gambit, and Beast and replace them with Sunfire, Bishop, Northstar, Cannonball, Sunspot and Warpath. Getting a bit tired of the same crop of characters in the spotlight.
    NC, Colossus, and Storm are characters that are in dire need of a refresh that I hope Disassembled can deliver. Part of what sucks is that despite 2/3 dying their returns didn’t revitalize them at all. They really need new roles IMO or they, as such important characters, will hold the books back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I've sort of come to the realization that largely, and apparently unlike most of this board, I have no attachment to most of the New X-Men kids.
    Same. With all of these casts I feel like I only like the most recent one and then thr feeling wanes after a bit. I think I’ve liked Bling for a while outside of the gross Brian Wood characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    According to KT on Twitter:

Jean, Storm, and Armor are the three leaders.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...17439113965569

Says Bishop, Iceman, Jubilee, and Northstar have significant roles.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...84792869289985
    I would have preferred Surge, but I'll take Armor getting a bigger role.(Maybe it's a team with some of the New X-Men on it, hopefully Mercury's shiny self is there, but I'll take any of them.)

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    It is so frustrating being a Rogue fan. Yet again, we are at another event and she is not a significant player. For the last 20 years, she has been diminished in her role on the X-Men and the only truly brilliant character work was done while she was an Avenger. The worst thing to happen to Rogue was her return to the X-Men. The X-editors and creators just don't care for her and it is so disheartening. Could care less about this event.
    20 years? So since 1998? Thats quite an exageration

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    20 years? So since 1998? Thats quite an exageration.
    But it's not. After revolution in 2000, Rogue went to X-Treme X-Men and was never a featured character in the flagship X-Books again. During that time Rogue played no significant role in a major X-Event (aside from Age of X) and was never on Uncanny again, never even cameod in New or Astonishing. My complaint is Rogue has not been on a main x-book in almost 20 years. Yes she featured in Legacy which was a bright spot, but it wasn't a flagship title. She has not been a major player in the X-Men for 18 years.

Sorry to derail. Back to topic, I hope Rogue makes the cut. Been waiting for her return to the main books. The writers and artists are solid.
    Last edited by jen; 08-26-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Who cares if it wasn't a flagship? Lots of good stories have been told with Rogue.

But it's not. After revolution in 2000, Rogue went to X-Treme X-Men and was never a featured character in the flagship X-Books again. During that time Rogue played no significant role in a major X-Event (aside from Age of X) and was never on Uncanny again, never even cameod in New or Astonishing. My complaint is Rogue has not been on a main x-book in almost 20 years. Yes she featured in Legacy which was a bright spot, but it wasn't a flagship title. She has not been a major player in the X-Men for 18 years.

Sorry to derail. Back to topic, I hope Rogue makes the cut. Been waiting for her return to the main books. The writers and artists are solid.
    Legacy was perhaps not the flag title, but did quite well in sales and was very popular. She did lead several teams and coached students. Then she became a leader of the Avengers. So, I guess she did pretty well as a core character. Stop downgrading her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Legacy was perhaps not the flag title, but did quite well in sales and was very popular. She did lead several teams and coached students. Then she became a leader of the Avengers. So, I guess she did pretty well as a core character. Stop downgrading her.
    No need to pile on. I am not complaining about lack of stories, but a desire to see her return to the main x-teams and part of weighty stories like she had as an Avenger.
    Last edited by jen; 08-26-2018 at 11:59 PM.

No need to pile on. I am not complaining about lack of stories, but a desire to see her return to the main x-teams and part of weighty stories like she had as an Avenger.
    No need to pile on?? I can give my pov as well right?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I agree with you to an extent. Nightcrawler and Gambit are in my top 5 X-Men ever, so so I wouldn't really want them to have a lessened role
    Also, Gambit is coming off a period where he was barely used, other than the odd guest appearance or mini. He certainly was not a major figure in any of the X-books. So, he is more in the category of people who have been waiting for panel time and is just starting to get it again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I really like Dust best, by a pretty wide margin, so she's the one I'd like to see elevated most. I feel she's a standout, and has what it takes, to rise above the rest.
    We all have our favorites. Hellion, Rockslide, Pixie, Dust & Elixir are mine. Armor and Anole are close behind, then everyone else after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    NC, Colossus, and Storm are characters that are in dire need of a refresh that I hope Disassembled can deliver. Part of what sucks is that despite 2/3 dying their returns didn’t revitalize them at all. They really need new roles IMO or they, as such important characters, will hold the books back.

I think I’ve liked Bling for a while outside of the gross Brian Wood characterization.
    It doesn't help that Extraordinary X-Men and X-Men Gold were the last ongoing series for Kurt, Piotr & Ororo. Both runs were terrible and had poor portrayals of the characters. The best thing about Extraordinary was the hair lol. And I agree this trinity are all in need of a revitalization. A decent examination of Nightcrawlers psyche and the absence of a soul would be really interesting, steer away from Azazel, but consider reexamining his familial ties to Mystique and Nocturne. Post-breakup Colossus (with the beard might I add) should be dating and/or hooking up in excessive quantities (Marrow, Spiral + Domino). Maybe return him to X-force to work out some of that pent-up anger. As for Storm, I believe they're restoring her connections to Wakanda, and I'm blanking on what else to do with her.

I grew to love Christina Strain's Gen X cast, Roxy and Nathaniel were my favs from that bunch. It'd be nice to see more of Bling and Mercury together.

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    I would have preferred Surge, but I'll take Armor getting a bigger role. (Maybe it's a team with some of the New X-Men on it, hopefully, Mercury's shiny self is there, but I'll take any of them.)
    Given the Uncanny teaser has Glob Herman, Surge, Prodigy, Eye-Boy, Nature Girl, Rockslide, Pixie, Anole, Mercury, Hellion, Dust, Genesis, and Oya, I'm thinking Hisako will be in charge of the students at the Institute, while Jean & Ororo lead the adult X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    This is incredibly exciting. Seem's like we're sticking with X-Women in leadership roles. Glad that Kitty is seemingly getting a demotion.
    I wonder if she steps down in Gold #36? Solicit says it's a day in the life of the school headmistress. Obviously it's a one and done story. But it sounds lightweight for a series finale. A big development like her handing the school over to either Jean or Ororo would make the issue much more significant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jean, Storm, Armor, Bishop, Iceman, Jubilee, and Northstar.

That's a big MEH for me to be honest.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

excellent, meh, meh, meh, decent, meh, meh
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    I would have preferred Surge, but I'll take Armor getting a bigger role.(Maybe it's a team with some of the New X-Men on it, hopefully Mercury's shiny self is there, but I'll take any of them.)
    Armor makes more sense to me, over Surge, since she had that ambition going for her, whereas Surge had leadership thrust upon her but it was never really her intention.

She led X-men v2 and was the main character there. That was hardly downgrading her and that lasted till about 2007. I do consider Legacy big for her but even if we dont, thats closer to 10 years, not 20. We'll agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

I doubt thats the team. I think there will be split ups with Jean, Storm and Armor leading those