Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1688

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Bishop is SO about to die.
    Unfortunately I have the same feeling.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Unfortunately I have the same feeling.
    That cover of Uncanny #9 has him laying face down in water some distance from the rest of the team. Could be because he's the last X-man standing but that is definitely a bad omen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I’m not seeing a lot of Banshee in these previews...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Pissed about the lack of Sunspot but disgusted by the lack of Sunfire.
    All 3 were at least pictured in the teaser. But given Gambit & Rogue were too, it can no longer be relied on as a sure thing, if it ever could. Sean will be in Astonishing #17 for sure, and I feel we'll see ZomBanshee in Uncanny, as well. Same goes for Sunspot, who JDW said will have a major role in yet another upcoming, but still unannounced X-event, also. Sunfire's the biggest ? of them all, for me, but obviously the one I'm keepin' my fingers X'd for the most.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-23-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Hi, I haven't been following the books much lately but did they ever explained Bishop's behaviour in Messiah Complex and then in the Cable series? They did turned him into a murderous villian. I though you couldn't recover from that. Weird that they welcomed him back without raising any questions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    ... SO about to die.

With AoXM, the only constants are Kurt, Ororo, & Jean. Pictured KO'd on the ground in Uncanny #10: Bishop, Cannonball, Jean, Nightcrawler, Legion (I think), Northstar, Jubilee, X-23, Beast, and what looks like Gambit's leg, but could be/probably is Psylocke's, I guess. Conspicuously missing, Storm & Iceman, maybe Betts.

ALSO, BleedingCool.com, Uncanny X-Men: Everything We Know About the Relaunch So Far [X-ual Healing 10-17-18]... AKA, WHERE'S KITTY?! 8O

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I feel writers shouldn't be able to kill any character they didn't create themselves.
    Comic book death is already meaningless. Now for the vast majority you'll make it outright impossible? In fact this would just be ENCOURAGING more wallpaper X-kids to be killed off for shock value because chances are they'll be the only ones whose creators are still with Marvel to do it. That's the exact OPPOSITE of what needs to be done with them.

I don't understand this obsession with killing characters. What does it solve? Why can't they just put them in a coma or send them to space or something.

I feel writers shouldn't be able to kill any character they didn't create themselves.
    that would be dumb especially since all writers move on and many are no longer around. Thank god thats not an actual policy

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't understand this obsession with killing characters. What does it solve? Why can't they just put them in a coma or send them to space or something.

It's mostly done to get rid of the excess but people will still complain whether it's getting shelved by death, coma or limbo.

The good news so far?

No sign of Soules X/Xavier/phanto abomination!

Forget and never mention

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The good news so far?

Forget and never mention
    Please knock on wood.

The good news so far?

Forget and never mention
    considering Legion is involved and Rosenberg is writing, I wouldn’t be so sure yet

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There's a reason that these two characters got these back-ups and not anyone else. Bishop is the one that needs to be folded back into the X-Men the most, so obviously they're going to give him that extra push - there are a lot of people who either don't know that he exists or still believe that he's a villain. Jean is the character that the office is trying to push as not only the leader of the team / coordinator of all three teams, but the face of the franchise, and hasn't even been back a full year in real time yet. The only other character that could have fit that last position is Storm and editorial probably doesn't think she can carry the franchise like Jean can, since she still has the stink from the IvX and Guggenheim all over her - which is also why they're probably killing Kitty off for a good few years.
    I am happy about this, but I feel about Kitty. Guggenheim's obsessive love of her probably did more bad than good.

The good news so far?

Forget and never mention
    Sometimes I think I'm the only one eager for more X (PhantomeXavier lol). Loved the character. I like Charles, of course.

I would like for the main story to have around 40 pages at least. I hope these back up are a prologue for some important things in the story and not only "let's remember who these characters are" stuff.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that would be dumb
    It's just an idea. I feel writers don't care about killing off characters because they didn't take the time to invent them. Depowering a character I feel is better than a temporary death.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's mostly done to get rid of the excess but people will still complain whether it's getting shelved by death, coma or limbo.
    There has to be an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Comic book death is already meaningless.
    That is my point if it's so meaningless then why not figure a new way to bring stakes?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm ok with the back up stories. It's still new content. If they were charging more for including a reprint of an old story (which they have done in the past) then I would dislike that.