Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
    Ive been out of the loop for awhile.
    Is Cyclops dead or something?
    After Secret Wars (2015) he has been death, the exact details where revealed in Death Of X eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After Secret Wars (2015) he has been death, the exact details where revealed in Death Of X eventually.
    Thank you TheCape. Time to hit the web and read about that.

Happy with this! So glad to see Gambit and original Madrox on Uncanny!

Glad that KT is on writing team. Sad that Taylor is not writing.

Sooo Eyeboy isn't dead? Yay, im glad the new xmen are in the picture even if it may not amount to anything
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

And I guess the rumous about Psylocke were true.
    Pretty pathetic of Cebulski to change her as some kind of atonement for his own past sins.
    Oh well.
    #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That's a take you're not happy with. The fact that he is an avid Jott Fan means he likes the character. And likes it in a different way then you.

He pitched the story. He knows the character which is evident from the reaction of fans to his Phoenix Ressurection love letter.

She would be mopey if anything it's the take that Buffy Summers had when she was ressurected from death

I can think of at least 20 characters Rosenberg "hates" more then Jean going by the same logic you used
    Being an avid Jott fan usually just means that was the Cyclops couple the person discovered first. Remains to be seen what he'll do with Jean herself but the hints aren't so pleasant.

Not sure what Buffy has to do with anything. And Jean wasn't brought back due to a pitch. That was an editorial decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Happy with this! So glad to see Gambit and original Madrox on Uncanny!

Glad that KT is on writing team. Sad that Taylor is not writing.
    Yeah, it's a shame Taylor's out. He and Kelly Thompson were pretty much who I wanted exactly.

I think Marvel wanted only the Marvel exclusive people on this though, sadly.

BANNED

Pretty sure Rosenberg's gone on record--via Twitter, what else--that bringing back Cyclops now, would be doing a disservice to Jean just returning. That it would hinder the eXploration of her individual, independent, growth & development, is what I gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Pretty sure Rosenberg's gone on record--via Twitter, what else--that bringing back Cyclops now, would be doing a disservice to Jean just returning. That it would hinder the eXploration of her individual, independent, growth & development, is what I gathered.
    That is true and I would like to see how she deals with several situations and consequences. It about time jean is center stage being the leader and the heart of the x-men.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is true and I would like to see how she deals with several situations and consequences. It about time jean is center stage being the leader and the heart of the x-men.
    I think that's what they plan on giving us, at least initially, and hope that's what we get also.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    And I guess the rumous about Psylocke were true.
    Pretty pathetic of Cebulski to change her as some kind of atonement for his own past sins.
    Oh well.
    What's pathetic was fetishising a WOC's body while literally doing away with every other aspect of her.

Actual atonement would've been bringing back Kwannon to control her own body. Doing away with the Asian aspect completely is just a cop out and still trying to claim greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So why do Scott and Jean have to be joined at the hip? Can't there be a Regenesis like arrangement where after their returns, they can't see eye to eye so lead their own team books based on their respective philosophies? That would be much more interesting than the dick measuring contest with the Canuck.

BYE!!! why it look like wolfsbane about to eat nature girl
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Someone plz explain to me how Eye-Boy came back. I'm way out of the loop.

Astonishing Member

Wolfsbane, "hmm...antlers...looks like venison, wonder if she tastes like venison too?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    What's pathetic was fetishising a WOC's body while literally doing away with every other aspect of her.

Actual atonement would've been bringing back Kwannon to control her own body. Doing away with the Asian aspect completely is just a cop out and still trying to claim greatness.
    Doubt anyone's trying to claim greatness, simply salvage the character.

Because, clearly, see above, paylocke has been considered 'problematic' for awhile now and it's only likely to get worse. Doubt CB personally problems were the deciding factor. It's something Claremont tried to fix years ago, but 'status quo' was too strong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Does the return of uncanny and this book shipping every week means that X-men Red is canceled?