Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    is the extinction/fight for survival of mutants the only remaining story telling premise left for the uncanny mutants one wonders.
    This is Marvel we're talking about. They're going to mash that reset button until they pound it into dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know that Weapon X artist but from what Ive seen of the series, I hated the art there. Is he good?
    He skipped the last 2 issues. Go check the preview thread for #22, or any of the Nuke-centric arc.

IMO, he's very good, and relatively 'safe' so he's not going to upset people by forcing them to accept a different style of drawing, a.k.a Kryptonite for comics fans, apparently.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

No O5, yay! Good riddance!

What I like about the writing team is we know they're fans and we know they're friends. It's getting a bit tired and cliche, but I extremely expect one of those emotional letters from the writer(s) at the end of Uncanny #1. Knowing their friendship really gives me hope for their ability to collaborate, but, more than that, each seems distinct enough that they should all be bringing something unique to the project. Perhaps breaking down to something like Brisson for action, Thomspon for heart and Rosenberg for concepts? However it comes together, I'm excited for these three particularly.

Not one, industry-shaking star, but three non-stars who, collectively, can do something much more exciting than I think a Hickman (for example) could.

That being said, the similarity of this to No Surrender poses the question; is this winding up or down? Like No Surrender was the end of the ANAD relaunch Avengers, leading into the relaunch. Is it the same here? Is this not the start of a new era, but rather the end of RessureXion, leading into a new set of titles at the end. Suppose that will be answered in November/December solicits, where we see what other titles the X-Office is putting out (/stops putting out).

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Ugh, there's no Monet, but I think I spotted Husk in the back
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Who's the girl next to Armor?
    That's Husk. Right between Armor and Eyeboy. You can see her peeling her skin to expose a metal arm.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Who's the girl next to Armor?
    Shark-Girl is the girl on her left or Husk, on her right. "Prestige" is the one flying just above her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is Marvel we're talking about. They're going to mash that reset button until they pound it into dust.
    lol so true.

Looks like "Avengers: No Surrender"

Im guessing this is a oneshot that leads into the new Uncanny series?

Im sad that Taylor's name isnt one of the writers attached to this which makes me beleive he will be off the X-books if Red ends at #12

British Betsy confirmed

Eye Boy also alive

NO O5 X-men in sight

No Rictor?

Who is the blonde by Eye Boy and the beard by Boom Boom?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    No Rictor?

Who is the blonde by Eye Boy and the beard by Boom Boom?
    that is cypher near Boom Boom
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    What I like about the writing team is we know they're fans and we know they're friends. It's getting a bit tired and cliche, but I extremely expect one of those emotional letters from the writer(s) at the end of Uncanny #1. Knowing their friendship really gives me hope for their ability to collaborate, but, more than that, each seems distinct enough that they should all be bringing something unique to the project. Perhaps breaking down to something like Brisson for action, Thomspon for heart and Rosenberg for concepts? However it comes together, I'm excited for these three particularly.

Not one, industry-shaking star, but three non-stars who, collectively, can do something much more exciting than I think a Hickman (for example) could.

That being said, the similarity of this to No Surrender poses the question; is this winding up or down? Like No Surrender was the end of the ANAD relaunch Avengers, leading into the relaunch. Is it the same here? Is this not the start of a new era, but rather the end of RessureXion, leading into a new set of titles at the end. Suppose that will be answered in November/December solicits, where we see what other titles the X-Office is putting out (/stops putting out).
    I think this is more of a transition than No Surrender. With No Surrender ending, pretty much all the characters there left the Avengers. They're on other titles or limbo. It didn't really set up the next era at all, just closed the previous one. While this feels more like it will start building up for the next books.

Firestar & Sunfire... I like it.

"X-MEN DISASSEMBLED brings together nearly every mutant left on earth in a story that threatens to destroy them – an epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance, with an adventure so earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!"

UNCANNY X-MEN #1
    Written by ED BRISSON, KELLY THOMPSON, MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art by MAHMUD ASRAR and more (issue #1)
    Art by R.B. SILVA (issue #2)
    Art by YILDIRAY CINAR (issue #3)
    Covers by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 11/14/18

https://www.newsarama.com/41318-uncanny-x-men-1-will-be-disassembled-this-november.html?utm_source=notification
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

nevermind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Looks like "Avengers: No Surrender"
    I thought exatcly the same.