Page 37 of 113 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Wasn't sure about the art style at 1st but the clean version is beautiful
    Would love Marquez to draw interiors for Uncanny too. He is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Would love Marquez to draw interiors for Uncanny too. He is great.
    Yeah I wish he'd draw more X-Men stuff too

All-New Member

Feels like this shouldn’t be that hard.

Jean should be the new Professor X and oversee all mutant operations. She appears over the entire line of X books as needed as the overall leader everyone looks to.

Kitty is head of school operations under Jean and oversees a revitalized New Mutants book.

Storm takes over as team leader of Uncanny X-Men. Answers directly to Jean. This book could ship bi-weekly and would pull from a larger pool of X-Men with the old-school of Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine as the main “core” of the team. Bishop, Psylocke, and Jubilee would also be regulars and the rest of the cast pulled in as needed on particular missions. With a bi-weekly book, you could also shift the emphasis between groups of X-Men on different simultaneous missions, etc.

Rogue & Gambit keep on with their relatively separate adventures in Mr. & Mrs. X with occasional crossovers for big events, etc.

Not everyone is happy with the status quo and Havok continues to lead a “rogue” Astonishing X-Men team that can, at times, be at cross-purposes with main X-Men under Jean. To make this even better, when Cyclops (inevitably) returns you could have him seek to take over the X-Men again from Jean/Storm and be rebuffed. Rejected, and unwilling to take a subordinate role, he rage quits the team and joins Astonishing with Havok. There you have the whole sibling-rivalry thing going on within the team along with the overall tension between him and Jean and the main X-Men operation. And you could have even more drama with Emma who could stay a villain or even join Astonishing at some point.

And then you could have Cable star in a new book with some of the more violent, Weapon-X types for a new X-Force book that answers ultimately to Jean but operates kind of on the margins.

Awesome news. "Looks" to be the hard re-set the X titles have needed for some time (admittedly I enjoy Red, Astonishing, and parts of Blue right now). However increased unity and cohesion are a welcome strategy, as well as using some of the better characters that have fallen to the wayside. (anyone want to take odds that Sunfire is one of the ones that doesn't made it???).

WITH THAT SAID

The obsession of including one of the most stupid, unoriginal and patently forgettable characters in recent memory with Eye-Boy showing up again is a shame. They need to move on from that mistake.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So... what you want... already happened...

New X-Men #139... you know, one chapter after Jean found out. Jean nearly killed Emma out right, and gave her the kind of telepathic beating normally only reserved for people like Apocalypse.

Feel free to re-read it all you want.
    I will concede to being a jaded, unforgiving hardass and having a low opinion of weak, dysfunctional people. But, hey, you asked. Don't open a can of worms unless you're prepared to eat it all.

You can relax, though. What I'd like to see and what Marvel's likely to do at this point are wholly separate things. Given Jean and Emma's interaction in the Jean Grey series, Scott and Jean's reconciliation in Phoenix Resurrection #5, and Jean's worldview as presented in the X-Men Red Annual, it's clear Marvel has zero interest in re-engaging the love triangle or dealing with its logical repercussions in any significant way. At this point, the whole shitshow is OBE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev72 View Post
    Rogue & Gambit keep on with their relatively separate adventures in Mr. & Mrs. X with occasional crossovers for big events, etc.
    No, thanks.

BANNED

Jean should be the new Professor X and oversee all mutant operations. She appears over the entire line of X books as needed as the overall leader everyone looks to.

Kitty is head of school operations under Jean and oversees a revitalized New Mutants book.

Storm takes over as team leader of Uncanny X-Men. Answers directly to Jean. This book could ship bi-weekly and would pull from a larger pool of X-Men with the old-school of Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine as the main “core” of the team. Bishop, Psylocke, and Jubilee would also be regulars and the rest of the cast pulled in as needed on particular missions. With a bi-weekly book, you could also shift the emphasis between groups of X-Men on different simultaneous missions, etc.

Not everyone is happy with the status quo and Havok continues to lead a “rogue” Astonishing X-Men team that can, at times, be at cross-purposes with main X-Men under Jean. To make this even better, when Cyclops (inevitably) returns you could have him seek to take over the X-Men again from Jean/Storm and be rebuffed. Rejected, and unwilling to take a subordinate role, he rage quits the team and joins Astonishing with Havok. There you have the whole sibling-rivalry thing going on within the team along with the overall tension between him and Jean and the main X-Men operation. And you could have even more drama with Emma who could stay a villain or even join Astonishing at some point.

And then you could have Cable star in a new book with some of the more violent, Weapon-X types for a new X-Force book that answers ultimately to Jean but operates kind of on the margins.
    No thanks.Don't need repetitive storyline with scott.

Sold. Sign me up for all of this. ^^^

BANNED

Why do i have the feeling that this Uncanny X-Men run will be a 10 issue maxi series so it can unfold the Disassebled arc the gets relaunched yet again along with a new X-Men title?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Why do i have the feeling that this Uncanny X-Men run will be a 10 issue maxi series so it can unfold the Disassebled arc the gets relaunched yet again along with a new X-Men title?
    I hope not. If thats the case, I wish they werent calling it Uncanny and just gone with the X-men Disassembled title and advertised it as such

Isn't that the general feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Isn't that the general feeling?
    yeah that's what I thought and the real roster of UXM will be officially launched in January with issue 11
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I think the same and I am ok with this. I just want good stories.

The main Uncanny line-up will probably spin out of the Disassembled arc, but I don't think it was suggested that the title will be relaunched after that.
    Last edited by nandes; 08-13-2018 at 10:40 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think that Uncanny will be a maxi but that this will be a mega-arc and that it will continue bi-weekly from issue eleven.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey