Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    No Chamber, Blink, Siryn or Cecilia Reyes either
    She showed up in Extermination... will she die? It would explain her absence...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I personally love the X-men Red covers. It's been a long time since a bunch of those characters looked so good.

I love Yu's UXM#1 cover and can't wait to own it. UXM#2 looks like a variant of #1 but it's still nice and fun. UXM#3 does look rough - Jean's hair is weird, Pixie's facial expression doesn't fit the cover, and the background and character poses are generic.

Thankfully the Uncanny logo is so friggin good.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very insightful interview with Jordan White, apologies if it's been posted already: https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/0...me-my-x-books/

I must say I like White quite a bit and really enjoy listening to what he has to say, both on this podcast and on Twitter. I'm not sure I entirely agree with what he says about continuity though: he says he enjoyed the tight continuity the X-Men books had in the Claremont days and for years after, but he's not sure that's something you can still have in today's market, with constant relaunches and fresh jumping-on points. I think fans LOVE continuity if the quality is there and when it's actually used as a storytelling device to create big payoffs. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, the Marvel Cinematic Universe itself are all very continuity-heavy but that doesn't stop them from having a huge following and using their complexity, long history and multitude of characters to fheir advantage.

And in the comics world alone, I can think of Dan Slott on Spider-Man, Jason Aaron on Thor and Grant Morrison on Batman as cases where the books have gone through a number of relaunches and remixes, with many great jumping-on points, yet the story still flowed from their first issue to the last as one cohesive narrative. You CAN have it both ways, it certainly requires more work and more stable creative teams, but it's an investment in your readers and a great way to keep them around long-term.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I just got a crazy idea from the Uncanny X-men #3 cover. We see Legion wearing a suit with Pixie and Rockslide behind him. Suppose Legion returns to try to fill the rlole of his father by forming his own school and students? Either way i am so happy that Legion Bishop and Madrox are back 3 of my faves. As Bafflement said i wonder if the Legion Bishop AOA connection will be touched on?

From Ed Brisson on twitter:

"Nightcrawler BAMFS himself to death" Guggenheim co-write confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    From Ed Brisson on twitter:

"Nightcrawler BAMFS himself to death" Guggenheim co-write confirmed.
    The only thing that should be canon should be the Beast death. White please approve

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

I may be in the minority here, but writers going out of their way to pander to or placate fans via social media doesn’t instill much confidence in me. Let your work speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Very insightful interview with Jordan White, apologies if it's been posted already: https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/0...me-my-x-books/

I must say I like White quite a bit and really enjoy listening to what he has to say, both on this podcast and on Twitter. I'm not sure I entirely agree with what he says about continuity though: he says he enjoyed the tight continuity the X-Men books had in the Claremont days and for years after, but he's not sure that's something you can still have in today's market, with constant relaunches and fresh jumping-on points. I think fans LOVE continuity if the quality is there and when it's actually used as a storytelling device to create big payoffs. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, the Marvel Cinematic Universe itself are all very continuity-heavy but that doesn't stop them from having a huge following and using their complexity, long history and multitude of characters to fheir advantage.

And in the comics world alone, I can think of Dan Slott on Spider-Man, Jason Aaron on Thor and Grant Morrison on Batman as cases where the books have gone through a number of relaunches and remixes, with many great jumping-on points, yet the story still flowed from their first issue to the last as one cohesive narrative. You CAN have it both ways, it certainly requires more work and more stable creative teams, but it's an investment in your readers and a great way to keep them around long-term.
    Lol @ the way he fumbles through being pressed on queerness. I could feel his discomfort there.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but writers going out of their way to pander to or placate fans via social media doesn’t instill much confidence in me. Let your work speak for itself.
    I think a lot of it is prepping themselves for backlash to what they're going to do in the event. Making light of character death, throwing out sarcastic jokes, etc are psychological (conscious or subconscious) ways of lightening the mood.

It's possible some of it could also be trial ballooning - getting people used to the idea of certain characters dying and maybe getting a taste of how they'll react.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Lol @ the way he fumbles through being pressed on queerness. I could feel his discomfort there.
    There's also this:

LOL okkkk then JDW.

"we let the metaphor speak on these issues"

that's . not . good . enough

*loud ass laugh & witty banter throughout entire interview*

Jay: can we get some gay characters?

JDW: uhh ummmm. i-i don't...understand the QUESTION! N E X T
    Last edited by Tycon; 08-17-2018 at 10:47 PM.

I feel like there was a corporate dictate that he didn't want to reveal so he was pressed because he knew an answer, but he couldn't publicly share that answer.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like there was a corporate dictate that he didn't want to reveal so he was pressed because he knew an answer, but he couldn't publicly share that answer.
    Whatever it is I hope it doesn't mean retcons incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Excuses, excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Whatever it is I hope it doesn't mean retcons incoming.
    Yeah, cause we don't want another gosh darn Iceman situation with him becoming gay. The LGBT+ community is going WAY too far, who's next, Laura?