Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Um?

No.

Rogue was one of the central characters when the X-Men went to space in the late nineties and then again when Claremont was writing X-Treme X-Men (given that the book's concept revolved around Destiny revealing the diaries to her post-humously the plot literally could not have happened without her). She led her own team of X-Men under Carey before it got transitioned into Legacy, during which the character was a huge plot point during the Messiah Complex, and then when Legacy shifted focuses from Charles to Rogue, the entire book was literally about her. Also if we're discussing big developments, the biggest development to happen to her (and be eventually retconned) came from Legacy itself, where Rogue learned to control her powers for a time. Then there's also the fact that during the Utopia era, if anyone other than Emma was Scott's second in command before Schism, it was Rogue. Oh, and yeah, there WAS her whole connection with Hope going for her there for a while. Rogue was with her when she found all of the Five Lights.

Then Rogue got taken away from the X-Men and, let's be honest, wasn't really written all that great up until Ewing got his hands on Uncanny Avengers, leader or not. Remender did not write a great Rogue, he did not write a great Havok, etc. Now she's back in the X-Books and has had her profile heightened SIGNIFICANTLY seeing as how she was a part of the wedding of the century, had her own mini with Gambit, and now they hold their own ongoing... as well as the fact that Rogue will be in Disassembled and is sure to be on a team spinning out of it. She's barely been back in the X-Books, saying that they already haven't treated her well is way too 'the sky is falling' and presumptuous.

Rogue will get her focus. It took Jean Grey half a year to start appearing in titles that weren't X-Men Red.
    Ewing did not write UnCanny Avengers. Duggan and Zeb did.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    All of Rogue's stories in the last 20 years have been off the main X-Titles. Yes, Legacy was good but also completely inconsequential to the X-Men. She was written out of the big anniversary and had the best development next to CC happen in the Avengers. Her return has been lackluster unless you are a ROMY fan. Yes, the R&G mini was fun, but again not important in anyway to the X-Men. The upcoming event looks to be more of the same. That is my disappointment.
    Think about: during AvX, the writers and editors couldn't think of a place for Rogue to play a major part, so she gets exiled to a dimension where cat guys and bug people are at war! Pathetic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can have them all just not at same time,The X-men have over crowding of good/decent characters and you can only realistic focus only 5 to like 8 people in book and they can only be so many books. Some characters just have go whether it is death or just a break. Dead needs to mean Dead in the X-men but also Xmen need to stop killing off people stupidly .Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee Jean Grey, Xavier imo got good impact deaths how you should kill a character. X-men have taken the punch out any big story death and created a ridiculous logjam of characters. X-men have had so many resurrections that has become a talking point in stories . They are some characters that have become stagnant in the X-men a break from the X-men would help some characters
    breaks are good killing is bad
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Ewing did not write UnCanny Avengers. Duggan and Zeb did.
    I was thinking of Duggan then, my bad.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Think about: during AvX, the writers and editors couldn't think of a place for Rogue to play a major part, so she gets exiled to a dimension where cat guys and bug people are at war! Pathetic!
    That was one of the worst x-stories ever.

Why would you even want Rogue to be a part of that mess?...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Armor?

Well there's my first disappointment in all this.
    Armor taking a leadership role when there are tons of X-Men more qualified than her? It seems that Kelly really likes her aside from Gugg. Who's next ? Ink? LOL.

That's my disappointment too.

I would prefer the original New Mutants getting more significant roles than Armor or Bishop or Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    According to KT on Twitter:

Jean, Storm, and Armor are the three leaders.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...17439113965569

Says Bishop, Iceman, Jubilee, and Northstar have significant roles.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...84792869289985
    HURRAH! Hopefully he gets to be badass and it's not another case of being concussed early in the fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Armor taking a leadership role when there are tons of X-Men more qualified than her? It seems that Kelly really likes her aside from Gugg. Who's next ? Ink? LOL.

That's my disappointment too.

I would prefer the original New Mutants getting more significant roles than Armor or Bishop or Jubilee.
    Laura's been due a leadership role for a while. Instead she gets relegated to stabbing things.

BANNED

Can someone explain the appeal of Armor to me without using the words "Joss" and "Whedon"?

At least Surge has a personality, character conflicts and development, etc.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Can someone explain the appeal of Armor to me without using the words "Joss" and "Whedon"?
    Uh... uh... Female Japanese character who was a Wolverine sidekick and is the rare female character to be a tank. Also, in that one anime she was totally moe.

I guess.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

She is a Wolverine sidekick and recieves privilege for that or something .

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura's been due a leadership role for a while. Instead she gets relegated to stabbing things.
    Laura needs to get over her no killing phase and lead an X-Force team.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Armor, huh? Gotta admit, that's uneXpected & at least somewhat interesting. Like others, would've preferred Surge, tho. As I too, find her more compelling, on multiple levels.

But Bobby AND Jean-Paul - YAY!! Selfishly, could mean nothin' or could mean somethin', but likin' more than ever that Lorna was positioned with JP in the teaser... Polaris, the NorthStar!!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I love that we're getting the students in a HUGE role with Hisako as a leader but:

Whether it be protecting Indra from Predator X or throwing hands with Belasco himself, Nori's always been the protector of the kids. So much so that Hisako was impressed with Nori during Messiah Complex (then again, it was more directed at Laura more than anyone but still...i just hope Thompson, Rosenberg, and Brisson respect the character enough to not let her be the OOC, one-note bully she's been since Utopia)

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's great and I'm excited as hell. I just feel like Nori, David, Julian are still getting the short end of the stick.
    I miss Surge and other New X-mens.

She was being prepared to be a leader in the future but now she only makes cameos without any importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

At least Surge has a personality, character conflicts and development, etc.
    I agree it makes more sense for Surge than Armor but have nothing against Hisako. I like her powers and think mutant leaders are more comfortable with her than other students on the battlefield precisely because of the nature of her powers.

It is much harder to cause some damage to her or Rockslide than other students .