Page 92 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1688
    BANNED

Rosenberg interview: http://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-18-in...led-storyline/

He said that he, Brisson, and Thompson may approach how they write comics differently, but that they have benefited from a partnership that that lets each lean in to their favorite mutants, like Glob (Brisson’s favorite), X-23 (Thompson’s favorite), and Jean Grey and Multiple Man (clearly two of Rosenberg’s favorite characters) to play key roles in the 10-part Disassembled storyline in Uncanny X-Men.

Expect a lot from Bishop, too, who is integral, said Rosenberg “in a very real way that no one can be.”

So what about the members of the New Mutants who were infected with the T-O virus at the end of the six-part Dead Souls mini? Rosenberg’s not telling – yet. But sorry to disappoint – those characters are infected with the virus, which will not be easily undone.

“There won’t be a switch to turn it off,” said Rosenberg, who added that there is a template for “breaking” a member of the New Mutants (see what happened to Doug Ramsey after he merged one-too-many times with Warlock in the first New Mutants series), and that the virus will “deeply impact these characters in a large way.”
    During the interview, Rosenberg tip-toed around potentially spoilery comments, but agreed to play a word-association game, sharing the one word that he thinks of when he thinks of specific members of the X-Men. Fair warning: Anyone familiar with Rosenberg’s books and Twitter feed (@AshcanPress) knows that the following could be filled with red herrings and misdirection, tools that any writer worth his or her salt keeps sharp and ready to deploy:

Jean Grey – Leader
    Multiple Man – F@#!-Up
    Boom Boom – Best
    Emma Frost – Villain
    Magneto – Right
    Iceman – Heart
    Cyclops – Dead
    Psylocke – Complicated
    Magik – Lost
    Shadowcat – Spirit
    Cannonball – Goofy
    Bishop – Bad-Ass
    Jubilee – Well-Dressed
    Storm – Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Gosh I hope Emma doesn't appear in UXM,,,like im really tired
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I'd be happier if she were in Limbo or the MU sporadically. Pretty much staying out of the Xmen's drama for a bit

Even though DS was.....interesting and gave the POC in the book the most boring, antagonizing roles in the story, I do like that there will be some big consequences stemming from the end. I really do hope we get to see Christian again.

One thing Ive noticed is that with the various covers, these are the only consistent 7. Nightcrawler, Cannonball and Jubilee all get dropped in some form but it appears that this might be the core group

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

One thing Ive noticed is that with the various covers, these are the only consistent 7. Nightcrawler, Cannonball and Jubilee all get dropped in some form but it appears that this might be the core group
    I thought the whole point of Disassembled is to have a book without the traditional team structure. I love the different slight variations of the line-ups we've seen on covers so far and hope all these characters play a prominent role in the story, but I'm wondering if the choice of characters is a marketing thing since it's a first issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I thought the whole point of Disassembled is to have a book without the traditional team structure. I love the different slight variations of the line-ups we've seen on covers so far and hope all these characters play a prominent role in the story, but I'm wondering if the choice of characters is a marketing thing since it's a first issue.
    Rosenberg reiterated everyone was on the team in a SyFy interview this weekend. But then the interview from Marvel Preview specifically mentions it's about the 10 characters from the main cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Even though DS was.....interesting and gave the POC in the book the most boring, antagonizing roles in the story, I do like that there will be some big consequences stemming from the end. I really do hope we get to see Christian again.
    Yeah, I don't think I trust Rosenberg to do well by characters of color. :/

BANNED

Bishop is gonna die.

We'll be down to just Nezhno.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    He's trolling. I actually got to speak to Rosenberg in early October and got to ask about Emma and he was very reassuring

Also those yoghurt containers on Jeans costume lmfao

BANNED

EASILY the best Disassembled cover yet, even with Jeannie's godawful shoulder pads. Everybody looks AMAZing!

I didnt even notice but that team on the latest cover is a good mix of the Blue and Gold teams from the 90s (with Laura in place of Logan)

BANNED

Woops, wrong thread.

I love the cover but what can I say about Jean's costume that hasn't already been said. It is kind of sad at this point. I hope in the near future she gets a new look. I admit that the X-men Red costume has grown on me some, and some artists portray it better than others.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Lets do a summary of who we know for sure will be in the event, judging from covers and previews and who we miss of all the (former) X-men.

In:
    Jean
    Storm
    Psylocke
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler
    Bishop
    Archanhel
    Beest
    Jubilea
    Havik
    Glob Herman