The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default red skies - ALL crises, or just *that* CRISIS?

Are red skies a unique feature of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, or has the sky turned red every time there's been some kind of cosmic conflagration in the DC Multi/Universe?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Are red skies a unique feature of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, or has the sky turned red every time there's been some kind of cosmic conflagration in the DC Multi/Universe?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It's the RAGE of fans seeing their favourite characters either killed or irrevocably changed ... so it's ALL Crisis!

When the gene bomb dropped on earth in the aftermath of Invasion!, everything went black and white.

What's the definition of a 'Crisis?' I never considered Zero Hour a Crisis or Invasion or some of the other world shattering events... What about Flashpoint? Just anything with Anti-monitor?

I don't remember Final Crisis much... but the red skies are definitely something they flash around when wanting to remind people of the original Crisis... so I've kind of tied it in with Anti-monitor? I know Zero hour had the skies rturning white and black entrophy….

Zero Hour is absolutely a Crisis. It's subtitle was 'A Crisis in Time', after all.

Final Crisis tried to explain the red skies as the Bleed breaking through, so I guess it can be fan interpreted that any Multiversal Crisis will get the red skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Zero Hour is absolutely a Crisis. It's subtitle was 'A Crisis in Time', after all.

Final Crisis tried to explain the red skies as the Bleed breaking through, so I guess it can be fan interpreted that any Multiversal Crisis will get the red skies.
    yeah, but they've overused that word... Identity Crisis certainly wasn't a real 'Crisis'... neither were the dozen JSA/JLA team ups, but everything at DC was Crisis this and Crisis That..

At the time it was published and the time I was reading it... I never made any 'COIE' connection. At least not till the actual 0 issue where it's revealed that Hal is actually trying to bring BACK the multiverse. Before that it just seemed like a Time Travel crisis eating away at both ends of the timeline and not a multiversal Crisis. Not to mention it only lasting like 5 issues as opposed to 12

I agree that NOW it's obvious an intentional reboot... but it never seemed to have the same kind of weight to it that the others had.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Any Crisis involving the Multiverse being in danger has always included red skies as far as I know...

BANNED

well during infinite crisis conner admires the blood red sky and dick reminds him that the last time it had occurred with the advent of trigon in this verse. now whether trigon can trigger a crisis or not is up to your interpretation.

the joker in a instance of meta humour also draws attention to the relationship of red skies with bad weather to crises in last laugh.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

All 3 major Crises ("On Infinite Earths", "Infinite" and "Final") had Red Skies.

In Final Crisis, when Morrison incorporated into the DCU a bunch of concepts Warren Ellis created for the Wildstorm universe, it was revealed that the red skies were actually The Bleed - the membrane that separates universes, first seen in StormWatch and then heavily used in both Authority and Planetary - being visible.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!