Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Yeah... It will be really odd if every issue of The Flash comic begins with "I'm Barry Allen... and I'm not Fastest Man Alive."
    And that whole intro phrase was really Wally's to begin with .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    But why directly establish Wally being faster in the first place? If it's just to be a prop for Barry, I think both characters could have done without it.
    Because that's really the only thing Wally has over Barry at this point, since it was such a milestone and major part of his career and character

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that whole intro phrase was really Wally's to begin with .
    Though the sobriquet "fastest man alive" could be seen on the covers of comics graced by Jay and even more prominently by Barry years earlier.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    We don't know if his New 52 life up to when he became the Flash and his Pre-new 52 life after Flash: Rebirth was the same. Which means he more than likely did lose 36 years.

And even if they were the same, he still would have lost 8 years worth of life as the Flash before COIE and then another 1-2 years after he came back. Which is still a lot of his life gone.
    Looks like we maybe getting an answer of Year one for Barry Allen Flash...https://www.newsarama.com/42232-the-...g-in-2019.html

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It *has* cost Barry his rather...um, distinctive fashion sense from the past.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It *has* cost Barry his rather...um, distinctive fashion sense from the past.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Oh no! The horror!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Honestly I dont even know if DC will: I know Iris remembers, Wally remembered, Bart... Jury’s still out on that one...

I want Barry to remember, because I want him to own that his decision to travel back and save his mother provided an opportunity for Manhattan. Hal and Barry are in similar situations in my mind:
    Parallax and Manhattan are there to remove the full responsibility from them:
    However Hal Jordan got redemption for what happened with Parallax when he died reigniting the sun, he earned respect again, even if he wasnt responsible for Parallax actions thanks to Johns Retcon.

Barry may not be responsible for Doctor Manhattan’s actions, but has he earned his redemption, just like with Hal with Parallax, Jon used Barry’s Grief over his mother and created New 52. Parallax preyed on Hal’s grief over Coast City

Hal died a Sinner, Barry died a Saint.

I dont neccessarily think Barry has to die or anything and I dont want him to, but I think that he has to do something to earn respect and redemption, I wanted that in Doomsday Clock but it seems unlikely
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-11-2018 at 04:26 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

the writer of the article seems to have not read the stories regarding iris's reveal of being born in the future as Barry was with her and knew it as she didn't keep it secret from him. he actually visited his in-laws in the future one or two times.

Can't we put a stake in this damn, pointless argument that neglects the fact that it wasn't Barry who started the damn problem: it was Geoff John's stupid idea to have Thawne go back in the past and change history by killing off Barry's mother when Barry was younger!
    So, in other words, anybody blaming Barry thinks it would have been okay to let Thawne change the past and go unchallenged.
    But would those same people say the same thing if Thawne had changed the past by preventing OG Wally from ever being born in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can't we put a stake in this damn, pointless argument that neglects the fact that it wasn't Barry who started the damn problem: it was Geoff John's stupid idea to have Thawne go back in the past and change history by killing off Barry's mother when Barry was younger!
    So, in other words, anybody blaming Barry thinks it would have been okay to let Thawne change the past and go unchallenged.
    But would those same people say the same thing if Thawne had changed the past by preventing OG Wally from ever being born in the first place?
    Thawne’s actions should have been dealt with yes. And Thawne is partly responsible. But who chose to go back without consulting anyone to see if it was a good idea: Oh Yeah. Barry. He didnt tell anyone and just ran back in time to undo it which let Manhattan meddle
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    True, Major, but the bigger problem was creating an obstacle to fixing the timeline that wasn't there during the Silver and Bronze Ages.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Honestly I dont even know if DC will: I know Iris remembers, Wally remembered, Bart... Jury’s still out on that one...

I want Barry to remember, because I want him to own that his decision to travel back and save his mother provided an opportunity for Manhattan.
    Barry's a fictional character.

Does it make current/future stories more exciting to saddle the fictional character with guilt stemming from DC's need to have crossovers rewrite history in ways you may not like?

Or to put it bluntly: Why should the fictional character be the target of disdain over real-world creative decisions?

Thawne’s actions should have been dealt with yes. And Thawne is partly responsible.
    Partly? At the very least, he has 99.9% of the culpability in the fictional world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Partly? At the very least, he has 99.9% of the culpability in the fictional world.
    For Killing Nora, I’d say 99%, Barry chose to try and undo it and instead made things worse for everyone, undid saving Nora and things didnt reset to Normal- its one of the few things I like about TV Flashpoint, I liked that Barry came clean and went: “Guys, I messed up and the timeline changed.” and I liked that he was willing to tell people what had changed about their lives because of Flashpoint
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-11-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Pull List:

The dumbest moral of Flashpoint was that it’s ok for the villains to go back in time and murder people but heroes can’t go back and stop them without resetting the timeline.

For Killing Nora, I’d say 99%, Barry chose to try and undo it and instead made things worse for everyone, undid saving Nora and things didnt reset to Normal- its one of the few things I like about TV Flashpoint, I liked that Barry came clean and went: “Guys, I messed up and the timeline changed.” and I liked that he was willing to tell people what had changed about their lives because of Flashpoint
    But TV Barry knew from his own personal experience that changes could happen, while the CB version didn't.