View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate X-Men bad guy?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apocalypse

13 23.21%
  • Mister Sinister

4 7.14%
  • Bastion/Nimrod/Master Mold

1 1.79%
  • William Stryker

0 0%
  • Magneto

27 48.21%
  • Hellfire Club

0 0%
  • Reavers

0 0%
  • Stryfe

0 0%
  • Dark Beast

0 0%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 7.14%
  • Onslaught

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

7 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally when I think xmen villain, apocalypse and sinister come to mind. I voted apocalyose just because I couldn’t vote both.

I can definitely see the argument for magneto but due to his on and off again relationship with the X-men he doesn’t come to mind first for me.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Apocalypse
    For your typical I want to rule the world Villain though quite more oringal as the strongest survives under me.

Magneto
    For the friend turned Villain foe

Dark Phoenix
    For the family member and one of our own all gone wrong type of Villain.

I have voted "other": Selene
    Last edited by darkalamator; 08-11-2018 at 04:03 AM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Voted Magneto. He's too iconic. Apocalypse is 2nd

....I thought this was asking about the Ultimate Line of comics. Not who is the best villain. In the Ultimate Universe there is no denying Magneto is the greatest villain...with him pretty much wrecking the whole world.

In the 616 Mags is more anti-hero then villain so I would have voted differently.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The ultimate X-Men villains of all times are hack writers! Want proof? Just look at the current X-Men stories and what the books have been like in general over the last decade.
    While I like Mr. Sinister the most, the obvious answer is Magneto. He was the first villain too

Sentinels and Cassandra Nova. The rest are jokes

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The ultimate X-Men villains of all times are hack writers! Want proof? Just look at the current X-Men stories and what the books have been like in general over the last decade.
    I was thinking something similar, just not as mean lol. I don't think they're bad writers, X-Men maybe just isn't their niche.

He may be an "anti-hero" now (or did he regress?) but Magneto is easily the most iconic X-Men villain. He also has a more concrete goal to accomplish, unlike Apocalypse and Sinister. Apocalypse's end game doesn't seem to make much sense (who would want to rule a planet that looks like the lifeless burnt out husk it was in "Age of Apocalypse" due to his " survival of the fittest " mantra?) And Sinister just keeps collecting DNA with no real objective in sight.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like both Sinister and Apocalypse more, but imo it's Magneto.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good points how Apocalypse's themes tie in well with the X-Men overall

As do the various types of Sentinels of course, although then we are essentially just saying "Bigoted Humans" as well, since Sentinels are their proxies/tools
    Sentinels born of the worst side of mankind are not much different from nuclear or biological weapons.

Some villains exist only because they were born from the hatred and prejudice of humans against mutants. And other villains would be far less dangerous if they did not exploit these negative feelings in humanity.

Magneto and his brotherhood of mutants or Casandra Nova are a good example of how mankind creates monsters or lets itself be manipulated by them.