Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Hmm, getting a Battle Angel Alita feel from all of this.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Totally on board. Lemire is easily a top 5 writer for me and Nguyen's art is great. No brainer.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

i said goddamn. goddamn.

This is a must-have. Lemire is awesome. Nguyen is awesome. Game over.

I wonder if Snyder played any part in linking them up, given his friendship with Lemire and his having done an Amvamp miniseries with Nguyen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Totally on board. Lemire is easily a top 5 writer for me and Nguyen's art is great. No brainer.
    At this point, I'd be happy if he left JLU to give us even more creator-owned stuff like this, the Black Hammer, Trillium, Sweet Tooth, etc.

Animal Man was, for the most part, excellent and Green Arrow was pretty solid but.....haven't been digging JLU. Meanwhile, he hasn't put out any creator-owned work that was anything less than fantastic (although reading Trillium monthly wasn't always the best experience).

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    This is a must-have. Lemire is awesome. Nguyen is awesome. Game over.

I wonder if Snyder played any part in linking them up, given his friendship with Lemire and his having done an Amvamp miniseries with Nguyen.

At this point, I'd be happy if he left JLU to give us even more creator-owned stuff like this, the Black Hammer, Trillium, Sweet Tooth, etc.

Animal Man was, for the most part, excellent and Green Arrow was pretty solid but.....haven't been digging JLU. Meanwhile, he hasn't put out any creator-owned work that was anything less than fantastic (although reading Trillium monthly wasn't always the best experience).

I'm actually dropping JLU after this first arc is over. I really wanted to give it a nice good chance, but it's already crossing over with books I don't care about. I loved Animal Man and Green Arrow. It's a shame the run is ending on GA soon. That being said, his creator owned stuff is amazing.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

The Harvesters kind of sound like the Reapers from Mass Effect... and now I'm hooked.