BANNED

Default Joe Fixxit vs the golden age Superman

Joe Fixxit vs the golden age Superman who was limited to leaping super strength and speed

I don’t think that version of Supes was anywhere close to Class 100, even the low-level Class 100 that Joe Fixit probably sat at. So I am pretty sure he gets squished.

BANNED

perhaps if they fought during the day...

By something like the third issue, that Superman was running across a room and snagging a bullet out of the air. He started running after the bullet had been fired. While still leaping and not flight, he was leaping to the edge of the atmosphere to defeat Luthor in a contest of his powers versus Luthor's technology.

If this was strictly Action Comics Number One, Joe Fixit would win. But within a few issues, it would turn so dramatically that Joe wouldn't have a chance.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    By something like the third issue, that Superman was running across a room and snagging a bullet out of the air. He started running after the bullet had been fired. While still leaping and not flight, he was leaping to the edge of the atmosphere to defeat Luthor in a contest of his powers versus Luthor's technology.

If this was strictly Action Comics Number One, Joe Fixit would win. But within a few issues, it would turn so dramatically that Joe wouldn't have a chance.
    Fair enough. I stand corrected.

I’m more than a bit fuzzy on early Supes.

What if we twist it just a bit: both are at their earliest public debut stages.

1938 Superman vs 1962 Hulk, with only the feats from their respective debut issues?

Who wins?

BANNED

ohh it seems like no other hero stands a chance for a decent fight with big blue no matter what the version. Here I was thinking this was more of a even match.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    What if we twist it just a bit: both are at their earliest public debut stages.

1938 Superman vs 1962 Hulk, with only the feats from their respective debut issues?

Who wins?
    I would still say Superman because I think the Hulk is wounded by a bullet in his first appearance.
    Power with Girl is better.

I would still say Superman because I think the Hulk is wounded by a bullet in his first appearance.
    I don't remember the bullet hurting so much as annoying. Either way he shoulder checks a jeep and that damages him to point where he slumps off nursing the injury iirc
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I don't remember the bullet hurting so much as annoying. Either way he shoulder checks a jeep and that damages him to point where he slumps off nursing the injury iirc
    Sounds like a bro move.

"I'm fine bro I just needa minute."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan