Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Default Didn't Dark Horse launch some shared universe cape project in 2012-2013?

Sorry, google is failling me.

It was short lived but i would like to read it.

I have some extra questions if i am right.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Sorry, google is failling me.

It was short lived but i would like to read it.

I have some extra questions if i am right.
    Do you remember any of the titles / characters?

Are you talking about the "Project Black Sky" titles with X, Captain Midnight, and Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you remember any of the titles / characters?

Are you talking about the "Project Black Sky" titles with X, Captain Midnight, and Ghost?
    I think those are the ones.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Yeah, it was called Project Black Sky. It was a shared universe, with a ton of miniseries and a few ongoings. It did okay, but ultimately sales weren't great (Ghost was the highest, I believe). It was a relaunch of titles they had in the 90s, called Comics Greatest World, where Ghost was the most popular. After PBS ended, I went to SDCC, and they said they had plans to bring Ghost and a few others back, in a less shared world, but it seems nothing happened with that.

I'm a huge Ghost fan, I've owned all her stuff since the 90s, so I still remain hopeful that they bring her back.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Yeah, it was called Project Black Sky. It was a shared universe, with a ton of miniseries and a few ongoings. It did okay, but ultimately sales weren't great (Ghost was the highest, I believe). It was a relaunch of titles they had in the 90s, called Comics Greatest World, where Ghost was the most popular. After PBS ended, I went to SDCC, and they said they had plans to bring Ghost and a few others back, in a less shared world, but it seems nothing happened with that.

I'm a huge Ghost fan, I've owned all her stuff since the 90s, so I still remain hopeful that they bring her back.
    Is there a guide for what issues i need and in what order shoudl i read them?

Also if it takes place in other cities besides New York, LA and San Fransisco i would be more interested.
    Last edited by Red Robe Jaldari; 08-12-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Also if it takes place in other cities besides Ne York, LA and San Fransisco i would be more interested.
    Um, I believe I made a guide a long time ago. Let me see if I can dig it up. I know Ghost took place in Chicago and there were some other cities as well, I think Vegas was one.

Give me the day to look for that list for yeah. Even though it's over, always happen to help new fans haha. Though I'm not sure you need one, they only had one cross over, which was called One Past Midnight, I can place that for you, if you wish.

Edit:Also if you want a good, new, superhero universe, check out Catalyst Prime from Lion Forge!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-11-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    Pulls:

Also if it takes place in other cities besides Ne York, LA and San Fransisco i would be more interested.
    https://books.google.com/books?id=PH...0order&f=false

There is an old thread in the forum that's dedicated to the Project Black Sky line from Dark Horse; although you will have to dig around to find it. One the the forum members posted the reading order that he recommended. I've tried to include the link to that post below.

Personally, the different titles work pretty well as stand-alone. But two of the series: Captain Midnight and X, had a crossover toward their ending. My approach was to start reading Captain Midnight and X at their beginning and then alternate reading them in arcs. Example: X, 1-4 and then Captain Midnight 1-4; ending with Captain Midnight. The list below seems pretty comprehensive; and should help.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1010227

But here is the basic content of the post:

---------------------------------------------------

this is how I've organized them in my long box;
    ~The Occultist One Shot
    ~The Occultist V1 #1-3,
    ~The Occultist, Dark Horse Presents V2 #11-12-13
    ~The Occultist V2 #1-5
    ~X #0-20
    ~Ghost "V1" #0-4
    ~Ghost "V2" #1-12
    ~Brain Boy V1 #0-3
    ~Brain Boy V2 #1-4
    ~Blackout, Dark Horse Presents V2 #24-25-26,
    ~Blackout #1-4
    ~Captain Midnight #0-7
    ~Skyman #1-4
    ~Captain Midnight #8-11
    ~2 Past Midnight
    ~Project Black Sky Secret Files
    ~Skyman One Shot
    ~Captain Midnight #12-20
    ~X #21-22 & Captain Midnight #21-24
    ~X #23-24

Hope this helps

---------------------------------------------
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

With DH losing Buffy and Conan license, I hope they revive PBS now. There's also a character from Creepy magazine called Dax the warrior who can be a good replacement for Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    With DH losing Buffy and Conan license, I hope they revive PBS now. There's also a character from Creepy magazine called Dax the warrior who can be a good replacement for Conan.
    I was going to ask at this year's SDCC, but they only had a manga panel.

Also sorry couldn't find my list XD. Two past midnight takes place after the four issue Ghost mini series, if that helps.
    Pulls:

For what its worth, I thought Captain Midnight was really good. Completely underrated series and i'm sad the whole project black sky sold so poorly. I didn't find it until it after everything was pretty much cancelled. I read captain midnight, 2 Past Midnight, Skyman, and Project Black Sky secret files.

I'm not much for depressing gory stories and both X and Ghost seemed like that.

It looks like Black Hammer has kind of taken PBS's place as DH shared world. I've only read a couple issues of Black Hammer and couldn't get into it. Although some of the new shared series for that look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    For what its worth, I thought Captain Midnight was really good. Completely underrated series and i'm sad the whole project black sky sold so poorly. I didn't find it until it after everything was pretty much cancelled. I read captain midnight, 2 Past Midnight, Skyman, and Project Black Sky secret files.

I'm not much for depressing gory stories and both X and Ghost seemed like that.

It looks like Black Hammer has kind of taken PBS's place as DH shared world. I've only read a couple issues of Black Hammer and couldn't get into it. Although some of the new shared series for that look interesting.
    I will give you that X was gore town, but Ghost not so much. She had some depressing stuff, I guess, but most of her stories and bad guys were fun. Chris is a great writer and really got to have fun with this series.
    Pulls:

Thanks for everyone.

Don't forget the mask world tour crossover! (yes this world had a version of the mask!)

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Don't forget the mask world tour crossover! (yes this world had a version of the mask!)

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That was set in the old GCW series. The PBS stuff, which is what the OP was talking about, was a reboot.

However, I did enjoy the Mask stuff back then. I miss Ghost still haha.
    Pulls: