Astonishing Member

Default Thanos vs. The Destroyers

Thanos (either comic or movie) with the full Infinity Gauntlet gets bounced in the DB Super meeting of all the various universes' Destroyers. They have enough warning (a minute or so) to sense his arrival. He has the sense that he will meet strong opposition but neither side has knowledge of the other - beyond get ready to rumble with high level hijinks.

Movie is screwed.

Comic wins, but he has to put in full effort. 12 universe busters attacking you is no joke. But considering how he rallied and stomped all the cosmic characters in Marvel, he should be fine
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Interesting thought - are the Destroyers more powerful than the assembled Cosmics (none of them were universe destroyers). I also postulate that they are faster than Thanos. True he dodged the Surfer way back when but these folks are faster than Goku in their first interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Interesting thought - are the Destroyers more powerful than the assembled Cosmics (none of them were universe destroyers). I also postulate that they are faster than Thanos. True he dodged the Surfer way back when but these folks are faster than Goku in their first interactions.
    Thanos can use the IG to give himself superspeed. But I'm unsure of the stipulations of the fight. Does Thanos get prep to power himself up or does he just know he's fighting someone with no prep?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Thanos can use the IG to give himself superspeed. But I'm unsure of the stipulations of the fight. Does Thanos get prep to power himself up or does he just know he's fighting someone with no prep?
    No special preparations, just knowing that he will arrive in a fight. Same for the Destroyers. Arrive in normal mode. If he can give himself superspeed when the fight starts that's fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quick question.

Is there anything, besides Goku and Beerus' weird fight, that actually supports the idea that the GoDs are universe busters?

Because as far as I can recall, the only one to actually destroy a universe in DBS is Zeno.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Quick question.

Is there anything, besides Goku and Beerus' weird fight, that actually supports the idea that the GoDs are universe busters?

Because as far as I can recall, the only one to actually destroy a universe in DBS is Zeno.
    1: Do we particularly need anything else?

2: Beerus and Champa had a scuffle post baseball match that threatened the universe. Goku or someone even said "don't two destroyers fighting mean the universe is boned?" Or some such.

Anyways, it doesnt really matter the raw power they have against comic Thanos with IG. From light years away he could pinpoint them and turn them into muffins. Or mind screw them. Trap them in the soul stone. De age them into babies
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    1: Do we particularly need anything else?
    I'd say yes simply because it's such a weird outlier.

It's Goku in SSG mode and Beerus, who's specifically holding back, causing weird shockwaves that get stronger the further they go or something until they start threatening the universe. Nevermind trying to quantify how that works, but since then we've had plenty of fights where Goku's been stronger and he's fought opponents that put in a greater deal of strength than what Beerus did without any of it starting to tear at the universe.
    2: Beerus and Champa had a scuffle post baseball match that threatened the universe. Goku or someone even said "don't two destroyers fighting mean the universe is boned?" Or some such.
    That's still just shaking the darn. We have no concrete feat of any GoD blowing up a universe through their own power. Statements that indicate that they can are just statements, and we run on feats here, as you know.

Also, I don't know if I would take any statement like that from one of the gag episodes all that seriously.
    Anyways, it doesnt really matter the raw power they have against comic Thanos with IG. From light years away he could pinpoint them and turn them into muffins. Or mind screw them. Trap them in the soul stone. De age them into babies
    Oh absolutely. IG Thanos win easily, comics version that is. I just found the destructive potential of the GoDs to be more interesting.

Pretty sure it's a mod ruling that universe busting is legit on this forum as of Goku v Beerus so it's a moot point.

But as a specific point of plot, Goku learned how to control the destructive energies of ssjg and therefore not blow up the universe by the time of his final clash with Beerus. He was like "yeah I controlled it" or something. It's not crazy to assume much stronger guys like Jiren have learned how to concentrate energies in the same way.

We also have Aniraza ripping space/time apart via sheer strength and GoD Toppo altering the whole state of the World of Void with a single blast.

But again, pretty sure it's a ruling so this is all moot.

Edit:
    https://youtu.be/Gem-bVvsGDU
    Skip to 2 mins. Right as they think total destruction will occur, Goku declares "it worked" as he manages to control the side scatter.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-14-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

My thinking was that it comes down to reaction when the opponents see each other. Without a speed up, is Thanos as quick as the DB Destroyers. Thanos can snap his fingers and you are gone. Beerus has does similar to powerful opponents. Who acts first? Non-enhanced speed up Thanos would be slower off the mark?