Fun take on Aphrodite. I like the way that Wilson approaches the Greek gods better and better; Ares didn't really gel for me yet, but this Aphrodite feels like a good take of her attempting to renounce her previous domain.

I thought the art here was much improved, and then found out it was an entirely new artist!

(Though I think the artist team dropped the ball by not showing Aphrodite's "round, sweet throat" or her eyes full of shining. But that's likely just me.)

Alright, thats the sort of dopey thing I expect to hear from Steve Trevor. Im sold. XD

Love it and the art is vastly improved.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Much better art. Wish this would be the norm.
    Loving Aphrodite, and I love Steve being such a romantic sap.

Extraordinary Member

Mom. Meanwhile I’ve read the whole thing.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

This is GREAT?????? I'm starting to get Wilson's approach now in revisiting the gods. Let me just say it works so much better with Aphrodite who I feel is better established in the myths. Ares is better known as a character in Wonder Woman than mythology IMO so maybe that's why his interpretation was a bit convoluted.

But Aphrodite?

She seems like a great character here.

I'm impressed. Yesssss. That's how I expected to feel since day one.

And maybe it's just the Nord comparison but the art is gorgeous.

*double post*
    Last edited by Joao; 12-31-2018 at 09:59 PM.

BANNED

I like the way Steve shows his love for Di. The art is indeed better. And the story seems to be improving. The only problem as usual. Is how depowered the amazon powerhouse seems to be. But i guess between having no powerhouse and no good portrayal of Di. (warrior bitch like she has been presented under other writers). I guess having a good portrayal is already an important improvement. I just wish her book could once again, feel like a true epic aventures book of a very powerful hero. She doesn't do much in other titles either. Which is why the situation is so frustraiting. I hope some of you can understand. I don't want to be negative, but it's hard to look at wondy's sitiation with positive eyes.