Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If Donna were to get her own animated movie what arc would be good for her?
    I'd just do a story about her parents dying and being adopted by the Amazons and what that was like for her.

I've been interested in a Filipina version of Donna to tackle Filipino mythology in the WW stories and to diversify the Wonder family a bit. Tala, the Tagalog star goddess, could be a patron of Donna's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Bringing over Donna variant from Titans Appreciation (those shoulder pads though)
    LOVE THIS! That costume has grown on me to the point where it's almost as good as anything else she's worn. My only problem with it is the Aquaman belt and lack of Themysciran details on the sword and shield.

I wish there was more of a visual connection between the Rebirth versions of Donna and Diana.
    With WW taking influence for the cinematic version and playing up the Greco-Roman Amazon gladiator look, I almost think a turn towards something akin to Donna’s Themyscira armor or even something akin to Donnas own stint as WW from volumes past, might be called for.

To my eyes, these characters look barely related in design.
    0CC0961B-7522-40CE-976A-8AED9FA568F0.jpg

But add in some elements from these...maybe... BATTLESKIRTS for Everyone!
    03E2C8FB-DAE5-42AD-914E-5BDA9F808646.jpg

Incredible Member

I wish there was more of a visual connection between the Rebirth versions of Donna and Diana.
    I'd be happy if Donna Troy wore a ... modernised version of Wonder Woman's costume in alternate colours. So, pants (with stars down the sides) instead of a skirt. A "bodice" that completely covers her upper torso (i.e. her shoulders), but which has the same etched (?) designs as Wonder Woman's corset from the comics (and movie). The "star" nipple covers need to be removed and replaced with a silver "WW" or stylised "eagle" which is closer to Diana's superhero symbol.

Lose the shoulder pads and add some details to the boots and I think it could work well.

Of course, I'm not opposed to a battle skirt either. But, I think the pants work well for a younger, more modern version of Donna. And it means that Donna's costume simply isn't Diana's costume dyed black.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    . The "star" nipple covers need to be removed and replaced with a silver "WW" or stylised "eagle" which is closer to Diana's superhero symbol.
    I never thought of the costume as having “Star pasties” because the placement of the stars varies from depiction to depiction.
    A905E25A-B268-4015-A940-95A4342F798A.jpg

Incredible Member

I never thought of the costume as having “Star pasties” because the placement of the stars varies from depiction to depiction.
    True, but sometimes they're a little too close to the location of her nipples for my liking. I think a central "star" or her own version of Diana's "WW" / eagle-inspired symbol would be better.

I had the same issue when Diana was running around in star spangled panties. Sometimes there would be a central star which seemed to be deliberately drawn right over her vulva.

Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive to star placement!

From the Instagram of veteran artist Lee Weeks... Nice to see Donna smile.
    https://instagram.com/p/Bnoo6RhH02N/
    BDFA494D-5684-458D-BBD6-5F57CA400012.jpg

In the latest issue of TITANS (which is AMAZING so far after the relaunch a couple issues back) DONNA TROY WAS SOOOOOO DONNA TROY!!!! It felt like I was having a reunion with her!!! She's the star of the issue, I the next one too.

side note: I wish the costume was either red or Dark blue, and not black. And no shoulder pads... they're awful
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I wish the costume was either red or Dark blue, and not black. And no shoulder pads... they're awful
    That's a good idea. A dark red / maroon would be nice to see. It would tie in with her original bright red jumpsuit, but be a bit more adult / mature. And it would bring her closer to LOOKING like part of the Wonder Family. Then again, perhaps dark blue would be best so that red can still be Cassie's primary costume colour if / when she exists as part of the Wonder Family again. And dark blue for Donna would still be close to her "black" jumpsuit which was one of her iconic costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    That's a good idea. A dark red / maroon would be nice to see. It would tie in with her original bright red jumpsuit, but be a bit more adult / mature. And it would bring her closer to LOOKING like part of the Wonder Family. Then again, perhaps dark blue would be best so that red can still be Cassie's primary costume colour if / when she exists as part of the Wonder Family again. And dark blue for Donna would still be close to her "black" jumpsuit which was one of her iconic costumes.
    I still have a soft spot for the idea of Donna in a combo of White/Gold...
    F315E175-0D98-46B5-AA5E-D18B7E0A12B2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    In the latest issue of TITANS (which is AMAZING so far after the relaunch a couple issues back) DONNA TROY WAS SOOOOOO DONNA TROY!!!! It felt like I was having a reunion with her!!! She's the star of the issue, I the next one too.

side note: I wish the costume was either red or Dark blue, and not black. And no shoulder pads... they're awful
    She called herself Wonder Woman, instead of correcting Ben Rubel (the reporter friend of Supergirl) when he asked if that's who she was. Will she be sharing Diana's codename from now on?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I still have a soft spot for the idea of Donna in a combo of White/Gold...
    I keep hoping that Wonder Woman will sport white and gold as an alternate costume, perhaps when working with the Justice League to give her a more unique colour palette (especially when fighting alongside Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She called herself Wonder Woman, instead of correcting Ben Rubel (the reporter friend of Supergirl) when he asked if that's who she was. Will she be sharing Diana's codename from now on?
    I thought that was weird but, considering her convoluted history, It might have been easier to just say she was WW as apposed to confusing the poor man. As for the costume, I like the idea of Donna in black with more Amazon symbols such as a stylized, silver eagle on her chest or replace the 'A' on her belt with an Eagle or 'WW'. Always like the idea of Donna's costume being the black version of Diana's own.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I thought that was weird but, considering her convoluted history, It might have been easier to just say she was WW as apposed to confusing the poor man. As for the costume, I like the idea of Donna in black with more Amazon symbols such as a stylized, silver eagle on her chest or replace the 'A' on her belt with an Eagle or 'WW'. Always like the idea of Donna's costume being the black version of Diana's own.
    ...she was just being sarcastic....

regarding the costume, I personally prefer when the "sidekicks", especially in their more adult roles, have their own unique looks apart from their former mentors... I don't care for anything too "WOnder Woman" specific for Donna. Like, it made sense when she forst came out that she had a teen version of Diana's costume. The next (red jumpsuit) look she adopted was her own, but had colors that harkened to Diana's, along with stars, lasso, bracelets. Even with the starfield Troia fashion, is was in silhouette reminiscent of her WG costume, albeit in silver and black, and she still had the bracelets.... No tiara, no "eagles", no "WW" unless it's maybe used for her belt...

This happened in Harley’s comic today.
    Attached Images Attached Images