Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    YES!!! In the TITANS TV Series, Donna Troy (called Wonder Girl???) will have the red costume with stars, tall boots, bracelets, lasso, no shield, no sword!
    Sounds good! If true, then I hope we eventually get an action figure to stand beside Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman!

Honestly its a good look. The costume stands in stark contrast to Wonder Womans and makes her far more identifiable.

“We also know that Donna Troy is set to make her debut on Titans sometime this season. The report on her costume claims that she will “be getting a comic accurate costume, although, it’s not the costume most new fans are accustomed to. Wondergirl will not have her Amazonian sword and shield as seen in the newer comics. This may upset some fans, but she will be equipped with her special lasso. Her costume will resemble the classic design and will be red with stars and feature high boots as well as bracelets similar to Wonder Woman.”

https://lrmonline.com/news/possible-...d-wonder-girl/

I would love it if this carried over to the Comics.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I wonder if the lasso will be the Lasso of Submission.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

“We also know that Donna Troy is set to make her debut on Titans sometime this season. The report on her costume claims that she will “be getting a comic accurate costume, although, it’s not the costume most new fans are accustomed to. Wondergirl will not have her Amazonian sword and shield as seen in the newer comics. This may upset some fans, but she will be equipped with her special lasso. Her costume will resemble the classic design and will be red with stars and feature high boots as well as bracelets similar to Wonder Woman.”

I dont think anyone will be upset that she wont have the sword and shield.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Thank god, I'm tired of the Xena look.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I don't think many Donna fans were hoping for the Booth stuff over classic Wonder Girl .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Nope! What does an Amazon need a sword and shield for, unless she’s up against the likes of Darkseid? Even then, bracelets and a lasso can do a lot when combined with Amazonian fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Nope! What does an Amazon need a sword and shield for, unless she’s up against the likes of Darkseid? Even then, bracelets and a lasso can do a lot when combined with Amazonian fighting skills.
    Pretty much every Amazon ever shown has used a sword. Also, Trigon may be involved in this season and there are sorts of enemies that need a sword to be dealt with.

Since Donna was born from accidentally mistaking young Diana as a sidekick in the Silver Age, maybe Donna should adapt some of those "young Diana as Wonder Girl" stories as part of her backstory.

Granted, from what I remember she mostly dealt with a love triangle between a mer-boy and a male harpy, but even that could be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Since Donna was born from accidentally mistaking young Diana as a sidekick in the Silver Age, maybe Donna should adapt some of those "young Diana as Wonder Girl" stories as part of her backstory.

Granted, from what I remember she mostly dealt with a love triangle between a mer-boy and a male harpy, but even that could be entertaining.
    There were actually a couple interesting ones from those too. One story had her getting kidnapped by a kaiju hawkman called the 'king fisherbird' who ruled a dimension of bird people who would kidnap beings from different dimensions to kill, eat, and put on display as a hunting trophy.

Another had the Duke of Deception place a green mask upon her which turned her into a bloodthirsty monster who sought to kill the Amazons. A transformation she was fighting with every ounce of her will.

And another had her being spirited away to an alien world by an alien shapeshifter who turned into Wonder Girl and tried to live her life until a disaster came up and the shapeshifter lacking the powers of Wonder Girl, attempted to teleport Wonder Girl back which worked, but wound up marooning the shapeshifter who became welcomed on the island as an Amazon and friend to Wonder Girl.

And yes the various love interests were eye rolling between nice guy Ronno who would constantly threaten to kill himself if Wonder Girl didn't go out with him and Wingo who seemed to only be after Wonder Girl in order to make Ronno jelous, and Glop who was less a romantic interest and more of a nemesis. But they did offer some interesting possibilities with Ronnos whole deal establishing a whole civilization of merfolk near the island and a kingdom sitting atop the clouds which a race of bird people called home.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think many Donna fans were hoping for the Booth stuff over classic Wonder Girl .
    I actually don't mind the Titans Rebirth black suit look with white stars all the way to the top almost like a black version of her classic red and yellow look (minus the sword and shield). It was better than the Booth JLA starry outfit with the neckline that went down to her navel and the loose-fitting white boots (disco/hooker look). Awful. My fav is definitely the classic NTT red/yellow look. It's the most recognizable and it really makes her stand out from WW.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Here's the page in better resolution:
    Thanks for that! I love that Donna's time as a Darkstar is represented in it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Some of my favorite Donna images...

Attachment 69246
    You know, this is one of the key things that I miss about Donna - that at her core, she's generally happy, and her memories of growing up are happy ones. That Donna's been disappearing since Byrne made her a "reflection who grew a soul" who later went through the "blender of 1,000 miserable lives," and it completed disappeared with Finch's "born fully adult and full of hate" reboot. She used to be a character of joy with a little personal tragedy who was a steadfast, loving, generally happy character with a beautiful soul. Happiness isn't always bland, and misery isn't always interesting.

Anyway, I do hope the smart, fun, happy, kick-ass Donna comes back, whether in the comics or the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha!! Exactly!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.