Page 423 of 440 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The day all Wonder Woman fans accept that pants are not misogynistic is the day we will have achieved equality.
    I don't think pants are misogynistic. It would be ironic if people complained about an Amazon wearing pants when in Greek mythology one of the things the Greeks found notable about the nomadic Scythians who inspired the Amazons, was that they wore pants.

WW originally wore shorts. They were meant to evoke athletes so she can run. Later it was shorts and even when that got shorted to bikini's, it was still on-brand as the type of shorts women wear for running. Not the g-strings though.

But the pants are usually the long, stretchy spandex type that look like body paint. It doesn't look right. At least make it look like running leggins or horse riding pants.

This old vase painting of an ancient Amazon already looks like a better concept for a WW in pants look than anything we've gotten from DC :

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I don't like Grail and wish DC would stop trying to make her a "thing".

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'd take her over Jason any day ..lol. I think she has potential, just needs to be in the right hands

I think this is closer to the popular opinion. At least around here.

I guess I'll go opposite that I used to really not like the character I've become more neutral. Doesn't help she was in like the worst modern WW run with Robinson but I think for a straightforward "evil counterpart" villain she fills a niche not really claimed by anyone in WW's rogues gallery.

Astonishing Member

Grail belongs in another character's Rogue Gallery. Everything she brings to table (minus ties to the New Gods) is done better by other WW villains.

"Hey, fans...check out my new character: GRAIL! She's Wonder Woman's evil opposite!"

"Yeah, thanks Geoff, but we already have like four 'anti-Wonder Women' and they're all more interesting than this. Good try though."

"No! Don't you get it! She parallels Wonder Woman because she's Darkseid's daughter! Just like Diana is Zeus' dau--"

I think that Grail's addition made some sense in context of Azzarello's run due to New Gods connections. Now it is a bit pointless.

And I'm not sure about her being evil WW. I think that Johns wanted her to be anti-hero and sometimes ally with WW.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I love Grail but she isnt being tied that much to the New Gods which is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that Grail's addition made some sense in context of Azzarello's run due to New Gods connections. Now it is a bit pointless.

And I'm not sure about her being evil WW. I think that Johns wanted her to be anti-hero and sometimes ally with WW.
    They changed that immediately after, suddenly she went from wanting to kill Darkseid to being utterly devoted to him.

Fantastic Member

Since the image was relieved. I guess now is a good time to say it. I don't like the Wonder-spin in comics. I'm not entirely sure why. I do think it's silly, but I like other silly stuff.

it's really hard to tell what the hell is Grail since the only author that gave her some atention, James Robinson, did a very poor job on deciding what to do with her and she ended up being just Darkseid's sidekick. Later Willow Wilson put her as a villain for her Themyscira arc, but you clearly could tell that she had intended another character for the role, since it feels kinda forced that half of the amazons would follow Grail.

So, to sum it up, we've had Grail in an arc where she was the sidekick for another villain, and in another arc where she's probably making it up for another character.

You could say she's Wonder Woman physical oponent rn, but what we've read is very inconsistent. grail is a blank paper on which anyone can write anything at this point, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    it's really hard to tell what the hell is Grail since the only author that gave her some atention, James Robinson, did a very poor job on deciding what to do with her and she ended up being just Darkseid's sidekick. Later Willow Wilson put her as a villain for her Themyscira arc, but you clearly could tell that she had intended another character for the role, since it feels kinda forced that half of the amazons would follow Grail.

So, to sum it up, we've had Grail in an arc where she was the sidekick for another villain, and in another arc where she's probably making it up for another character.

You could say she's Wonder Woman physical oponent rn, but what we've read is very inconsistent. grail is a blank paper on which anyone can write anything at this point, tbh.
    I wanna see Devastation throw down with Grail. Why? because Grail did the godkiller thing. Grail is a New God trying to kill the old gods, and Deva is a child of the old gods. Seems like an obvious motive.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post

Darkseid War by Johns is her most read appearance so it probably would make the most sense to go back to it. Doesn't hurt that other appearances were even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Since the image was relieved. I guess now is a good time to say it. I don't like the Wonder-spin in comics. I'm not entirely sure why. I do think it's silly, but I like other silly stuff.
    It doesn't translate well on the page. Excellent on TV! But it's always odd in comics. This is why I like the 70s comics lasso costume change

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    It doesn't translate well on the page. Excellent on TV! But it's always odd in comics. This is why I like the 70s comics lasso costume change
    I do think that is the reason.