Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
I'm not talking about WW84. I'm talking about the Nu52 comics, animated movies including the JLU based JL vs Fatal Five, Snyder movies, it's only recently thanks to Rebirth that the lasso has reasserted itself again and the argument about the lasso also ties into the discussion about how WW is depicted, since there is still this perception among a large contingent of the audience that she is a simple warrior woman who kills for funsies.
You specifically mentioned, "modern-day creators" of which Patty Jenkins is one. You also say, "Especially when the competition are doing a better job of depicting their respective heroes weapons/tools." However, WW84 again shows that not to be the case, and Wonder Woman: Black and Gold has a story dedicated to Diana's "most precious weapon against the darkness."

The Nu52 ended in 2016 and Rebirth started the same year. The Nu52 movies I grant you, but even in that, Wonder Woman Bloodlines only uses the sword and shield for the end battle with Medusa. So even within the Nu52 animated verse, Diana was being repositioned away from warrior woman.

And is it true that a large contingent of the public sees her as Warrior Woman when her first film ends with her saying she "believe[s] in love?" Also as a Feminist, LGBT, and nonviolent protest icon for decades, I don't think anyone in the larger public believes she kills for fun.