Page 322 of 440 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6586

I mean Diana was the only kid due to Perez. In Marson's she wasn't the only kid. But I do get why many want her to be the only. Overall what about Mala? Diana should have at least one kid friend.

I am kind of glad we don't really see much of Themyscira. They're not really that interesting outside of the few "hero" characters they produce and as red-shirt armies.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious I know we have all been back and forth but how do you guys feel about amazons having kids? I like the idea Perez has maybe some amazons adopted the children or maybe some spirits are reborn on the Island like how the Amazons were. Like the Amazons pray and if they are lucky they have a baby.

I mean in ancient times there were baby girls who were abandoned and even now. What if each amazon tribe could get those children to be reborn. I'm not just saying on Paradise Island but also the other tribes has well.
    Some probably would once they went out into man's world. Some would bring their progeny back to the island and some would stay and raise them with the family that make out in the world.

I don't think it should be entirely off the table, but handled carefully. Admittedly, I'm a dude so I just feel naturally a bit opposed to decreeing an entire group of female characters should be barred from motherhood. Some would want it. Some wouldn't. Generally, I'd hope women were in charge of that story or at least a significant part of the creative team.

Specific characters I'd have a stronger take for, but as a whole? Yes, with the caveat it's less Grail and more, well, Andy over in Aquaman.

As for God-given babies sculpted from clay (again, Daddy Zues can kick rocks) I don't want any others than Diana, Nubia and Donna. Let them be special.

Three is already pushing it. No more. Not like that.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-14-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I mean, come to think of it, Themyscira, has most likely committed many acts that would be considered an act of war. It would be quite difficult to include them any more without just having them perpetually at war with someone or other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I am kind of glad we don't really see much of Themyscira. They're not really that interesting outside of the few "hero" characters they produce and as red-shirt armies.
    Disagree.

As fictional character they're only as interesting as the writer in charge of their stories. Marston, Perez and Jimenez have all shown that Amazons can be just as interesting as the main character of the franchise. The Amazons are an untapped reservoir of potential. And we are going to see some of that potential realized when Historia comes out.

I mean, come to think of it, Themyscira, has most likely committed many acts that would be considered an act of war. It would be quite difficult to include them any more without just having them perpetually at war with someone or other.
    Such as?

Yeah other than obvious examples like Amazons Attack (which is rightfully ignored because it was nonsensical and dumb) and Flashpoint (which was an alt reality) I can't think of many instances where the Amazons have done anything worth declaring war over.

Hell, they were completely isolated for centuries, and even after Diana left the Island they historically have almost no interaction with Man's World.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

They attack boats and kill the crews…

Incredible Member

That's been erased. Or have you only ever read Azzarello stuff?

Seriously, what is about a feminist utopian power fantasy that seems impossible for some people to wrap their minds around?
    Last edited by Shimbo; 10-15-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Incredible Member

nevermind, double post!

That was fake Themiscyra. The only time the real Amazons committed acts of war was in the Amazons Attack and that story was notoriously OOC for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    That's been erased. Or have you only ever read Azzarello stuff?
    I dont really care if it’s “been erased”. Now, if it was a “fake Themiscyra” as Psylock claims, then that would be another matter.

I dont really care if it’s “been erased”. Now, if it was a “fake Themiscyra” as Psylock claims, then that would be another matter.
    It is as Psylcok claims. It was retconned that Diana had never been to her actual home during New 52, and that that version of Themiscyra was a fake.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Do we find anything else out about that version?

Do we find anything else out about that version?
    No, it disappeared after Diana found out it wasn't real. Literally cracked into pieces, in fact.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It being a fake Themyscira pretty much erased all the events surrounding it from canon.

Good riddance too. Even a lot of fans who loved Azzarello's run overall think the depiction of the Amazons was too much. It misses the ENTIRE point of the franchise.