Page 90 of 438 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 6568

DC is different. Diana would have to live in the watchtower or Wonder Dome. Not only that but how do you get Diana to not see pampered life? She was pampered since day one. Then again she would have to be put in a situation. I mean is there a difference between being pampered and seeing poverty and violence being in it?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-12-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    DC is different. Diana would have to live in the watchtower or Wonder Dome. Not only that but how do you get Diana to not see pampered life? She was pampered since day one. Then again she would have to be put in a situation. I mean is there a difference between being pampered and seeing poverty and violence being in it?
    Didn't one version basically live in the Themiscyran embassy?

I think so. But even than the military can’t do anything

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Didn't one version basically live in the Themiscyran embassy?
    Yes, but that still didn't stop a kid from being turned to stone.

Which is why Diana has her own place where people can't really find her. I had an idea that the Wonder Dome could shaepshift. That she can plant somewhere it makes it look like a house. Having it be in somewhere in Gateway would make it work if Gateway was an actually Gateway. That she lives in a part where the people are well protected from magical threats.

I would like to see her relationships with other heroes fleshed out more. We’ve got serious info on Batman and Superman, but a Wonder Woman/Impulse story could be interesting.

Boisterously Confused

I'm of two minds about secret identities. They are a foundational trope of the genre, and I'd hate to see them go. They were also a way to speak to comics primary audience (children) who held a desire to be someone they're not, without giving who they are (Don Markham speculated this lay at the heart of [the real] Captain Marvel's appeal). That audience has changed, and not necessarily for the better, and it may be that anonymously selfless aspirant figures no longer suit them.

But all the marvel characters have a way to protected each other in someway. Diana can’t help the army if other gods decide to attack. Shouldn’t she at least use Diana prince in name only? Or at least protection items?
    She is friends with numerous superheroes and has an entire country of people to help her.

She's a superhero whose job takes her across the entire world. It isn't too difficult to get her in a situation where she encounters poverty and there's no guarantee she will in her Diana Prince identity anyway especially if she's something like a museum curator.

Also, why don't guys like Aquaman and Captain America have to deal with arguments over not having a secret identity? They deal with regular people way less than Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, why don't guys like Aquaman and Captain America have to deal with arguments over not having a secret identity? They deal with regular people way less than Diana.
    Because Aquaman, at least, never had one. It's not part of his source material/foundational origin. And it is part of Diana's. I've never read early Cap, so can't comment on him. And I have argued for wanting Arthur to not be royalty on several occasions (him being an outsider to those he rules and them often being xenophobic and fanatic gives it a very colonialist feel to me). Plus, both of those guys grew up with ordinary people (well, depending on version for Aquaman). They know what ordinary life as one-among-the-multitudes is like - not always being treated with deference, paying bills, etc. Though, really, that's a smaller factor to me.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-13-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Because Aquaman, at least, never had one. It's not part of his source material/foundational origin. And it is part of Diana's. I've never read early Cap, so can't comment on him. And I have argued for wanting Arthur to not be royalty on several occasions (him being an outsider to those he rules and them often being xenophobic and fanatic gives it a very colonialist feel to me). Plus, both of those guys grew up with ordinary people (well, depending on version for Aquaman). They know what ordinary life as one-among-the-multitudes is like - not always being treated with deference, paying bills, etc. Though, really, that's a smaller factor to me.
    So does Diana. People underestimate how much being an open identity hero has opened her up to personal attacks and disagreements. Diana isn't shielded from the things regular people have to deal with. If anything she's more vulnerable to them than most superheroes.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-13-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So does Diana.
    Have experience as one-among-the-mutlitudes, or do you mean something else. Not to me, she doesn't (in non-secret-identity version). She was a princess on the island, then a celebrity in ours with no in-between "normal" status so far I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Have experience as one-among-the-mutlitudes, or do you mean something else. Not to me, she doesn't (in non-secret-identity version). She was a princess on the island, then a celebrity in ours with no in-between "normal" status so far I'm aware.
    During the Perez run she faced mistrust and disrespect from several people such as foreign leaders and the Bana. During Messner-Loebs' run she worked in a fast food restaurant. She has had friends, jobs, family same as any normal person. Remember that Bruce Wayne is still a celebrity in his secret identity.

Fantastic Member

Does Wonder Woman being a diplomat makes her interesting or not?