Page 78 of 440 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 6590
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea generally Clark is 6,3, Bruce is 6,2 and Diana is often 6
    Shes always like 5'10 at least those DC Databases always say she's around that height.

Recently they have made her 6 feet. Since 2004. The 90s she was 5'11

I'm curious how old should Diana be? generally, her age is even around the same has Burce and Clarke to being the oldest of them.

Recently they have made her 6 feet. Since 2004. The 90s she was 5'11
    Diana's 6'2" in Rebirth, as I recall. I remember a thread about it. I do think that's too tall (I did look at percentiles, and it's equivalent to a hair over 6'8" for a man according to tall.life). But I'll accept it, even if I prefer 5'10 to 6'0". In the golden age, of course, Amazons were explicitly not large or muscular, but I like them looking like warriors.

I'm curious how old should Diana be? generally, her age is even around the same has Burce and Clarke to being the oldest of them.
    While I'm fine with her being hundreds, or even thousands of years old before she leaves home, I prefer her younger, and more of peer to Bruce and Clark. I prefer them all within 5 years of age (all starting heroing in 20s), and all debuting within 4 or 5 years (preferably within 3, to be fair). I do like Superman as the first Superhero, and yeah, that's kinda meta. Also, not Superboy - Superman. Like I said, kinda meta. From a meta sense, Ollie should start at the same time (Green Arrow premiered right before Wonder Woman), but his role in the universe is quite different, and I'm tend put him shortly after Diana (who is third of the three to debut). I would put him a little later, but I like Cissie-King Jones existing, and so he has to be GA before she's born. I don't like the big bump in age he got in post-COIE.

I prefer her to be younger since a 1000 year old being as open-minded about Man’s World as Diana typically is doesn’t really make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    Gal Gadot has the ideal body type for Wonder Woman. I really don't like the idea of Diana being a 6'3'' tall woman. I think she should be anywhere from 5'9-5'11. She should be tall but not extraordinarily so.
    Agreed on her height. It reflects the live action and animation depictions of her, she's taller than the average woman, but not taller than most men. She's never taller than Superman, etc. She definitely stands out in stature.

My ideal body type for her is stronger than Gadot and Carter. She should have some mass and well defined muscles. I really like her Golden Age depictions.

Right now due to JSA which makes sense. Superman can’t be the first Superhero in the comics.

Okay. Other than Donna or even Nubia how many kids should be on the island? I would at least want two more. I mean Diana does need a friend to play with it can get lonely. Mala and maybe Orana ? A rival is always good to have

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Agreed on her height. It reflects the live action and animation depictions of her, she's taller than the average woman, but not taller than most men. She's never taller than Superman, etc. She definitely stands out in stature.

My ideal body type for her is stronger than Gadot and Carter. She should have some mass and well defined muscles. I really like her Golden Age depictions.
    Well I guess I meant height as well. My ideal body type would be something more akin to Serena Williams, but Gadot isn't about to give up all the modeling gigs she gets so thats out of the question for now.

Boisterously Confused

I agree that it would be very awkward but I think it would still be for the best. Batgirl is just ten times more important and popular and a name like Priscilla would really help a character like Cheetah stand out more. I'm really not sure why Perez changed that part of her but I really think he messed up by doing so too. But, I am not the biggest fan of Post Crisis Wonder Woman or Perez's version so there could be some bias speaking when I say that.
    Unless I'm seriously mistaken, Perez didn't create Barbara/Cheetah, she was a Bronze Age character that replaced Priscilla, and Perez just adapted the more recent incarnation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Unless I'm seriously mistaken, Perez didn't create Barbara/Cheetah, she was a Bronze Age character that replaced Priscilla, and Perez just adapted the more recent incarnation.
    Perez didn't create Cheetah but he did create the Barbara Ann Minerva persona which also meant his Cheetah was much different from previous versions. The Bronze Age Cheetah was named Debbie Domaine and was related to Priscilla Rich. They didn't have supernatural powers nor did they turn into "werecheetahs" but they were regular women that dressed up as a cheetah. I can only find sources that cite Debbie Domaine as the Bronze Age Cheetah and Barbara Minerva is only around after COIE.

Perez didn't create Cheetah but he did create the Barbara Ann Minerva persona which also meant his Cheetah was much different from previous versions. The Bronze Age Cheetah was named Debbie Domaine and was related to Priscilla Rich. They didn't have supernatural powers nor did they turn into "werecheetahs" but they were regular women that dressed up as a cheetah. I can only find sources that cite Debbie Domaine as the Bronze Age Cheetah and Barbara Minerva is only around after COIE.
    The Debbie Domaine version had red hair, which is probably why Barbara Minerva does too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Hmmm, other than Babara using different names, would there be a way to use all three Cheetahs?

Hmmm, other than Babara using different names, would there be a way to use all three Cheetahs?
    Not without mucking with continuity. Unless you mean reintroducing the others and having them become Cheetah’s as well. But what would be the point?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would only use multiple Cheetahs if we're having Diana debut in the Golden Age with the JSA. So Priscilla Rich would be around then, and Barbara could be the modern version.

Otherwise, if she's debuting with the JL, I'd prefer to keep one, with Barbara as the basis (though she could be called Priscilla as well).

I don’t know. Would it really be that bad if the cheetah id existed before Diana came ? But like Diana Babara was a champion?( well not champion rather stole it)