Page 277 of 437 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 6549
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Patty Jenkins is not capable to handle an epic action world adventure story of the caliber that a character like WW is supposed to represent. I don't have hopes for WW3 under jenkins's hands. Her version of WW feels like a glorified cap america with some extra power and gear. The world of WW should feel grand and powerful. Jenkins has not been able to do WW justice as a real powerhouse. The way she used Cheetah and made her look like a weaklink. And people think her take on Circe could be great and bring the epicness and power fantasy vibe that WW needs? I don't think so.

So Etta military or Holliday Girl? I feel like maybe having gone the Military root might be too easy. I kind of like what De Liz did. Made her a singer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So Etta military or Holliday Girl? I feel like maybe having gone the Military root might be too easy. I kind of like what De Liz did. Made her a singer.
    Oh yeah, De Liz's Etta and Duke of Deception probably are my fav depiction of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Oh yeah, De Liz's Etta and Duke of Deception probably are my fav depiction of them.
    Same, first time I ever really dug a GA version of Etta and the Duke's redesign was great. I'd port over both to the main books if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I still can't believe Patty got away with taking Barbara's entire origin of cheetah by only just making a wish instead. that was a major blow to the wonderverse. Silver swan probably would have been worse just a bird lady hybrid knockoff vulture.
    Rucka and Nicola Scott did a much better job showing Diana and Barbara's friendship deteriorating until they were at each others throats.

Also, there is only a limited number of super powers. What matters is how they use their power, what purpose they serve thematically and their conflict, both internal and external. Falcon and Vulture having similar powersets didn't stop the latter from being use so I wouldn't discount Silver Swan. She would only be bad if she was written badly.

IDK if this is a controversial opinion but why does CBR make lists about characters that can beat up Diana? Do they do this for Superman or any other characters? I think this is their 3rd one. On top of that the list includes Supergirl, who Diana has never lost to and even one hit KOed her several times before the Nu52 started. CBR lists are usually filled to the brim with stupidity, so I don't usually much care for them, but this one got to me. Like yeah the Anti-Monitor, Perpetulla, Superboy Prime (that whining little turd), and Eclipso would solo Diana like WTF? What does that even prove?

https://www.cbr.com/dc-characters-wo...an-never-beat/
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Its clickbait article. I ignore them usually because ultimately they are just looking for a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    IDK if this is a controversial opinion but why does CBR make lists about characters that can beat up Diana? Do they do this for Superman or any other characters? I think this is their 3rd one. On top of that the list includes Supergirl, who Diana has never lost to and even one hit KOed her several times before the Nu52 started. CBR lists are usually filled to the brim with stupidity, so I don't usually much care for them, but this one got to me. Like yeah the Anti-Monitor, Perpetulla, Superboy Prime (that whining little turd), and Eclipso would solo Diana like WTF? What does that even prove?

Yes, I have seen those rankings of other heroes including Superman, where Wonder Woman appears as one of the characters that Superman could not defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Its clickbait article. I ignore them usually because ultimately they are just looking for a reaction.
    Only winning move is not to play.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post

I think it is luckily common knowledge that CBR lists are at least 9 out of 10 times bad researched trash, or i have at least never talked to anyone who takes them just 1 bit seriously, and this list just shows why and smells like Kryptonian fanboyism.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-28-2021 at 03:25 PM.

If WW was at marvel. Her brand and franchise would be far bigger by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    If WW was at marvel. Her brand and franchise would be far bigger by now.
    Considering former Marvel CEO's (Ike Perlmutter) kept coming up with excuses not to make a female lead superhero movie until Wonder Woman was successful, I seriously doubt it.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-28-2021 at 07:48 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Considering former Marvel CEO's (Ike Perlmutter) kept coming up with excuses not to make a female lead superhero movie until Wonder Woman was successful, I seriously doubt it.
    And yet Marvel was able to do more with the girls in the long run. Black Widow had a great character arc throughout the MCU. Captain Marvel made a billion dollar. Was portrayed as the strongest hero(Something DC and WB will never have the guts to do). And of course in the comics the character also get a big push. She went from a d list to an A list in just 2 years. DC and WB don't put half the effort with the so called number one female hero of all time. So yeah. She would get more support at Marvel, specially with Disney also being involved.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And yet Marvel was able to do more with the girls in the long run. Black Widow had a great character arc throughout the MCU. Captain Marvel made a billion dollar. Was portrayed as the strongest hero(Something DC and WB will never have the guts to do). And of course in the comics the character also get a big push. She went from a d list to an A list in just 2 years. DC and WB don't put half the effort with the so called number one female hero of all time. So yeah. She would get more support at Marvel, specially with Disney also being involved.
    WWs debut film was by far better than Captain Marvel but CM had what WW didnt. Built in general audience fanbase with good faith. Marvel built a universe where you want/need to see every film to get all of the pieces of the puzzle and gives you a very enriching universe, that's how she made billion dollars. WW making 800mill after the disaster that was BvS is AMAZING. Marvel may have made her the strongest character but Diana still got better development in her solo film. It's not all about the power. Same for Black Widow, she had 8 films to grow and develop, Diana had 1 film and 10mins of screentime in BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WWs debut film was by far better than Captain Marvel but CM had what WW didnt. Built in general audience fanbase with good faith. Marvel built a universe where you want/need to see every film to get all of the pieces of the puzzle and gives you a very enriching universe, that's how she made billion dollars. WW making 800mill after the disaster that was BvS is AMAZING. Marvel may have made her the strongest character but Diana still got better development in her solo film. It's not all about the power. Same for Black Widow, she had 8 films to grow and develop, Diana had 1 film and 10mins of screentime in BvS.
    It is about the development of the character and also the power. DCEU WW is pathetically weak. She is a joke that doesn't feel powerful at all. Her sword and shield are her saving grace. Nothing remarkable about her power and skills. And you can try all you want. But at the end of the day. Comics and comic book movies need the wow factor. The epicness of the action. DCEU WW is a glorified cap america with super human stats. If patty jenkins had her way. All WW's movies would be like the boring mess that was WW84. And if znyder had his way. WW would be all about cutting heads and her shield. Both bad takes. Weaklinks that don't make the so called strongest female hero justice. Marvel was able to make an A list out of CM. They actually support her and push the character. In terms of stories and power. WW? Nah she is weaklink warrior woman. Fodder to SM and any powerful being. Can't even match Aquaman on land now. She is in such a good place indeed. Sigh
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-28-2021 at 08:38 PM.