Page 1 of 200 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default New WW Creative Team: Tom King and Daniel Sampere

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman #800 will include the oversized conclusion to current writers Becky Cloonan & Michael W. Conrad‘s “Whatever Happened to the Warrior of Truth?” storyline. Cloonan & Conrad will be joined by Joelle Jones, Jen Bartel, and more. Here’s how DC describes the story:

Diana’s visions become more vivid as she finds herself trapped in the dreams of those around her. As she struggles to escape, her life as Wonder Woman hangs in the balance. When the dust settles, will she still be the Amazons’ greatest champion?

Along with the conclusion of the current story, Wonder Woman #800 will also include a prelude to the upcoming series relaunch from the new creative team of Tom King and Daniel Sampere. The main cover for the issue comes from Wonder Woman: Earth One artist Yanick Paquette.
    Then, in September, following prelude stories in the 800th issues of both Wonder Woman and The Flash, both titles will relaunch with brand new #1s and new creative teams.

Wonder Woman #1 will come from the team of Tom King, Daniel Sampere, and Tomeu Morey. Here’s how DC describes the series, which finds Diana unexpectedly outside the law:

After a mysterious Amazonian is accused of mass murder, the U.S. Congress passes The Amazon Safety Act, barring all Amazons from American soil. To carry out its new law, the government sets up the Amazon Extradition Entity (AXE) task force to remove those who don’t comply by any means necessary. In her search for the truth behind the killing, Wonder Woman now finds herself an outlaw in the world she once swore to protect.
    Last edited by Hypo; 03-10-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Default New Wonder Woman creative team: Tom King and Daniel Sampere

The princess of Themyscira is reaching her 800th issue on June 20, and the epic storyline from Becky Cloonan (Trial of the Amazons) and Michael W. Conrad (Batgirls), “Whatever Happened to the Warrior of Truth?,” is coming to a conclusion! Diana’s visions become more vivid as she finds herself trapped in the dreams of those around her. As she struggles to escape, her life as Wonder Woman hangs in the balance. When the dust settles, will she still be the Amazons’ greatest champion? Wonder Woman #800 is written by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, and Tom King (Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow) with artwork by Joëlle Jones (Catwoman), Jen Bartel (Wonder Woman), Daniel Sampere (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths), and others.

In September, Wonder Woman #1 will feature the new creative team of Eisner-winning writer Tom King and artist Daniel Sampere. After a mysterious Amazonian is accused of mass murder, the U.S. Congress passes The Amazon Safety Act, barring all Amazons from American soil. To carry out its new law, the government sets up the Amazon Extradition Entity (AXE) task force to remove those who don’t comply by any means necessary. In her search for the truth behind the killing, Wonder Woman now finds herself an outlaw in the world she once swore to protect. The action-packed Wonder Woman #1 will be available at local comic shops in July, and Wonder Woman #800 features a prelude to the story.

Actually seems interesting. I'll give some begruding credit to DC for actually putting a big name on a WW book.

I look forward to the folks who didn't care about WW before suddenly caring about WW so it means they can keep up their Tom King hate fetish.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yay for an A-list team....

Interested to see how King handles Dianas mythos. Starting off with Amazons being banned from America seems like an event story with this being the aftermath so...yeah.

Ill wait to read it before passing full judgment but big status wuo change that would hopefully not be wiped out within 2 issues

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Also i wish we could be done with the white outline on the skirt. It's throws the entire look off.

For the first time in ages, I am excited for every single one of the Trinity’s books! Can’t wait to see what King does. Those of you who have qualms because of his Batman run should definitely check out his Supergirl because that is the kind of tone I expect he’s going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually seems interesting. I'll give some begruding credit to DC for actually putting a big name on a WW book.

I look forward to the folks who didn't care about WW before suddenly caring about WW so it means they can keep up their Tom King hate fetish.
    What about those of us who are excited as hell because we like King (usually)?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Can't believe we have one of the big name in DC nowadays take over the WW main book.
    Yes we got Morrison for earth one but for canon it is quite surprising.

And seems we don't get a new suit

Well, it is an A-list team, so it'll bring attention to the title for better or worse.

As I said in another thread, although Tom King might not be the worst choice to take over Wonder Woman, I can't say I'm excited about it either. His previous efforts at writing her show flickers of decent ideas that are often undermined by something completely off-base (if not incredibly stupid).

If nothing else, at least there'll be good art (for however long that lasts).

Guess we'll see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For the first time in ages, I am excited for every single one of the Trinity’s books! Can’t wait to see what King does. Those of you who have qualms because of his Batman run should definitely check out his Supergirl because that is the kind of tone I expect he’s going for.

What about those of us who are excited as hell because we like King (usually)?
    Yea that's the problem though - I don't think the tone on his Supergirl is appropriate for the main WW book.

As a big fan of both Tom King and Wondy: YES HELL YES YES YEAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOO GRL GOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ... fuckin hell, it's true! I think the last time I was excited for the three was during Rebirth. Im sleeping a little on Zdarsky, tho. I dunno how is he doin so far

And... wait wait wait WAIT does this mean we wont have Wondy stuff in july and august?????? But then the comuniquée says this also comes in july, wtf is goin on?
    Last edited by Garrac; 03-10-2023 at 08:51 AM.

I’m really excited about this news! I’ve always wanted King to write Diana! After he wrote her in his Batman series! Hopefully it all won’t be political.

Fantastic Member

Really don't like King's writing so not happy about this. But like others have said at least DC put a big name on Wonder Woman for once.

Really excited about this. I've read Tom's work on Vision, Batman, Supergirl, Human Target, Sheriff of Babylon and Mister Miracle. While I'm not always a fan of the choices he makes, I really enjoy the quality of his writing, and from some interviews I've heard I appreciate the depth of thought behind the stories. My understanding from how he's worked with DC before is that he also gets a fair amount of choice in who he works with art-wise, so I think we can be cautiously optimistic that we'll have Sampere on for a while.

I've really enjoyed what I've seen of Sampere on Dark Crisis and the WW he's done before too, and I actually managed to snag a commission from him this week, so I'm feeling super lucky now!

Incredible Member

Never in a million years would have guessed this.

This is going to be basically a toin coss.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh damn thats a big writer. I mean sure King is controversial no doubt about that, but he is generally an interesting writer so he's definitely something.

Also Daniel Sampere that is awesome, spectacular artist. He did some great stuff on Warworld Rising in Action Comics and for every problem with Dark Crisis, its art was not one of them.