Page 255 of 266 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 3986
  1. #3811
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    To be fair, how often have Supergirl and Conner Kent and Steel appeared in Superman comics over the last few years?
    Hella lot more than Cassie and Donna.

  2. #3812
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Are you sure about that? The only time I remember them apoearing in the new 52 just for example was during the h'ell crossover. I don't think they appeared any other time during the new 52. And I'm sure that Rebirth wasn't very different.

  3. #3813
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Are you sure about that? The only time I remember them apoearing in the new 52 just for example was during the h'ell crossover. I don't think they appeared any other time during the new 52. And I'm sure that Rebirth wasn't very different.
    Im pretty sure that Cassie hasnt been in a WW book since.....pre-52? Donna had her small arc where she was bastardized by the Finches?

  4. #3814
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ok I agree.
    I'm joking, of course, about picking up WW, for the first time. Pretty certain, I was only five or six...no feminist criticism, in mind, at the time.

    Joking... LOL
    CRISIS ON INFINITE ORIGINS OF THE SUPERFLUOUS, MISSING MISTER WONDER...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

  5. #3815
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im pretty sure that Cassie hasnt been in a WW book since.....pre-52? Donna had her small arc where she was bastardized by the Finches?
    That still doesn't mean that Superman's family appears and I quote you "hella lot more than Cassie and Donna" since they've barely been featured in the last 10 years

  6. #3816
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,810

    Default

    The complaints about Diana being generic aren't going to be solved by giving her space adventures or giving the Amazons advanced technology. That's just making her story generic in a different way that copies what many other superheroes are already doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That still doesn't mean that Superman's family appears and I quote you "hella lot more than Cassie and Donna" since they've barely been featured in the last 10 years
    The point is they are far more likely to be featured in his book than Cassie and Donna are in Diana's.

  7. #3817
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That still doesn't mean that Superman's family appears and I quote you "hella lot more than Cassie and Donna" since they've barely been featured in the last 10 years
    If Cassie hasnt been in a WW book since pre-52 while Supergirl and Conner have? That is "hella lot more"

  8. #3818
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If Cassie hasnt been in a WW book since pre-52 while Supergirl and Conner have? That is "hella lot more"
    This is pointless. I agree that they should appear more, I just don't think they are any sort of exception. If anything look at Aquaman. Even at his prime during the new 52 he was without sidekicks. Even Green Arrow completly lost Mia Dearden and I believe Roy Harper hasn't appeared in any of his stories since 2011 but I could be wrong. So DC should do better, but Diana isn't a special case of neglect.

  9. #3819
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The complaints about Diana being generic aren't going to be solved by giving her space adventures or giving the Amazons advanced technology. That's just making her story generic in a different way that copies what many other superheroes are already doing.
    Have space faring technologically advanced Amazons been done so often that it's become generic?

    The point is they are far more likely to be featured in his book than Cassie and Donna are in Diana's.
    Seconded.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-16-2021 at 10:07 PM.

  10. #3820
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quick question: When WW fought hawk girl on justice league, she was able to deflect strikes with the mace several times. I though Hawkgirl’s mace was supposed to be able to disrupt magic. Was it the physical “unbreakable” properties of the bracelets that prevented them from breaking, or the mystical ones? Or was she just not hitting hard enough?

  11. #3821
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The complaints about Diana being generic aren't going to be solved by giving her space adventures or giving the Amazons advanced technology. That's just making her story generic in a different way that copies what many other superheroes are already doing..
    What other superheroes are mixing sci-fi tech with Greek myth?

    Do the complaints about her being generic have anything to do with the lack or presence of Amazon tech?

  12. #3822
    Amazing Member Gitagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    79

    Default

    I definitely want more sci-fi stories with Diana. The myth stuff has been done to death at this point.

  13. #3823
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Quick question: When WW fought hawk girl on justice league, she was able to deflect strikes with the mace several times. I though Hawkgirl’s mace was supposed to be able to disrupt magic. Was it the physical “unbreakable” properties of the bracelets that prevented them from breaking, or the mystical ones? Or was she just not hitting hard enough?
    I guess even if there is magic that makes the bracelets extra tough, they are still really tough without it.

  14. #3824
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Quick question: When WW fought hawk girl on justice league, she was able to deflect strikes with the mace several times. I though Hawkgirl’s mace was supposed to be able to disrupt magic. Was it the physical “unbreakable” properties of the bracelets that prevented them from breaking, or the mystical ones? Or was she just not hitting hard enough?
    Magic doesnt make the bracelets unbreakable though do they? They are just made out of a very rare metal by the gods? Sort of like in the tv show where its a metal only found on the Island.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    I definitely want more sci-fi stories with Diana. The myth stuff has been done to death at this point.
    I feel like it hasnt been?Look at how the tv show largely ignored the mythology aspect, Superfriends largely ignored the mythology, WW film largely ignored the mythology aspect and has Ares kill off all the Gods so they didnt have to deal with them. Justice League animated ignored most of Dianas mythos.

    The first WW animated film is probably the one that dealt with it the most outside of comics.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-16-2021 at 04:42 PM.

  15. #3825
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Magic doesnt make the bracelets unbreakable though do they? They are just made out of a very rare metal by the gods? Sort of like in the tv show where its a metal only found on the Island.
    I though they where made from Zeus’ shield. I guess the show doesn’t confirm though.

    Does that mean they would damage the bracers in situations where they are made from Zeus’ shield?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •