Page 36 of 437 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Justice League Doom is still dumb with having Diana see many Cheetahs. Diana is much calmer and intelligent. Not only that but the fact we have seen her at times get a sense of what the truth is.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Justice League Doom is still dumb with having Diana see many Cheetahs. Diana is much calmer and intelligent. Not only that but the fact we have seen her at times get a sense of what the truth is.
    That adaption was terrible for a number of reasons, particularly the ending where instead of the JL kicking Batman out, Batman leaves after verbally berating the League because the writers couldn’t stop fellating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That adaption was terrible for a number of reasons, particularly the ending where instead of the JL kicking Batman out, Batman leaves after verbally berating the League because the writers couldn’t stop fellating him.
    They didn't kick him out in the original story. He left before they told him the verdict.

When it comes to the lasso does Diana always need it to wrapped around her? I say this since at times Diana knows something is off very quickly at times without it

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They didn't kick him out in the original story. He left before they told him the verdict.
    He left because he knew Supes was going to vote him out.

Steve Rogers shouldn't come back to life in WW 1984.

Boisterously Confused

I’m curious when it comes to combat skills or martial arts how should Diana compare to others?
    In terms of just raw skill at least the equal of Black Canary, or Cheshire.

I wonder what fighting styles should Diana know? I mean the fact Diana does have greek gods does this mean Diana should already know some modern fighting style?

Boisterously Confused

I wonder what fighting styles should Diana know? I mean the fact Diana does have greek gods does this mean Diana should already know some modern fighting style?
    Something unique, and exotic, distinct to the Amazons, rather than a known method. There's a tendency to fixate on the disciplines from East Asia, when many cultures, even Europeans, developed effective hand to hand techniques. Pre-British-encounter Hawaiians, for example, developed a particularly nasty method that centered on breaking bones.

Point is, illustrators shouldn't try to mold WW's movements around a known discipline, but make her a master of a system the Amazons developed.

The Amazons should at least have more than one fighting style given how diverse they should be.

Does any skill or fighting styles come to mind? I also often feel that Amazons should also be able to use magic. I mean why not make them more diverse not just physical skills but also magic skills. This should come from Circe. That Circe was their friend and gave them powers but than they used her own magic to lock away

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Amazons should at least have more than one fighting style given how diverse they should be.
    Pankration should be enough for them.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Pankration should be enough for them.
    I think they could also develop their own fighting styles besides Pankration.

They should have more than one fight style especially if they have to fight magically being.

- Greg Rucka is nowhere near the WW writer he is hyped up to be
    - The Wonderverse could use a facelift
    - Most WW runs are outdated
    - All Azzarello did for WW was attempt to attract straight white males toward her book for a short period of time, he didn't do any favors to the mythos
    - I'm convinced that DC hates WW