Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
To jump across the pond here, Marvel's NYC is full of fictional landmarks and locations in addition to the real ones, or that usually override the real ones for the sake of storytelling.

And not to get to much into Superman or Batman's controversial opinion territory but honestly I'd say Metropolis and Gotham having a distinct "character" is honestly overstated if you ask me. Maybe in certain adaptations or under particular writers/eras they do but Gotham in particular these days comes off as more just a pile-on of every "urban hellhole" cliché from the past 80 years.
Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
But why? Most heroes in the Marvel universe operate in real life cities but they still have their own fictional landmarks.

The thing I don't like about Gateway is that it wasn't created for Wonder Woman. Having to borrow a fictional city from another hero makes her look pathetic.

Sure, but these cities have been around for decades. It would take about as much time for a potential fictional city for Wonder Woman to reach this level.
I'm not saying its not possible, I just think its not worth it. DC is not Marvel, yes there are some unique spots in NYC that spiderman has that the real world doesn't, but we can have that and more with a fictional city. She keeps moving around from one real city to another, its only a matter of time before another writer moves her from DC to Boston again. There is a lot of unique potential that Gateway offers that I can't see DC doing. And sure it wasn't originally hers, but it seems to be mostly acknowledged as hers and if she need to share, Spectre isn't a bad roommate. You can have more than one character operating in a city and even then Spectre and Diana are global. Metropolis and Gotham had time, Gateway needs a jump start.