Page 59 of 438 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Nobody bought her as the villain probably because of how long she's been a hero.
    They didn't buy it because the story of her killing Max didn't provide sufficient argument of it being a villainous act and it wasn't even the first time Wonder Woman had killed someone.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-12-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Are you even sure they intended for her to become a villain? That sounds unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think giving Steve a rival for Diana's affection, or giving Diana an alternative love interest, who isn't in competition with Steve, would force writers to distinguish the two. That might give Steve a personality.
    I can feel that.

I've been playing around with disentangling Harold Campion from Heracles and making him another, separate character with the Champion moniker as one potential paramour for Diana. (I'd give Heracles another alter ego for when he's slumming with us mortals.)

Wonder Woman needs to stop being the willy-nilly-killy one in the Trinity. I get the plot point they wanted to serve with Maxwell Lord, but to me she's no more apt to kill and not find another way to end a situation than Bats or Supes.

In that regard they were way too protective of the Dark Knight and Man of Steel and were like, "well, I guess we'll just use Diana as the moral sacrifice as a counterpoint between the three characters."

Are you even sure they intended for her to become a villain? That sounds unlikely.
    At the very least they wanted us to see killing Max as a villainous act.

I don't like the Hiketia. Mostly for the way Batman is written. Not only does he fail to capture a normal human girl twice, he also tries to fight Diana unprepared! Ridiculous.

I also don't like Rucka's origin for Cheetah and Dr Cyber. Tying them to Cale feels like a cheap way to give her more importance than she deserves. I'm also not a fan of a friend thrned foe thing. It's been done already with Vanessa and tons of other villains in DC.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the never intended for her to come off as a villain here at all. At the very most, they wanted her actions to seem misguided if that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Question if you had to pick who would be Diana supporting cast who would you pick?

Steve, Etta and Mala

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Question if you had to pick who would be Diana supporting cast who would you pick?

Steve, Etta and Mala
    Off the top of my head:

Steve
    Etta
    Queen Hyppolyta
    Nubia
    Donna
    Cassie
    I-Ching
    Zola
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think giving Steve a rival for Diana's affection, or giving Diana an alternative love interest, who isn't in competition with Steve, would force writers to distinguish the two. That might give Steve a personality.
    Absolutely no love triangles allowed, so far I'm concerned. Hate 'em. I think I've seen one done decently...ever.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Steve, Etta and Mala
    Main ones for me would be Hippolyta, Steve, Etta, Donna, Ferdinand, the Kapatelis women (coming in when Barbara Ann is cursed), and major Amazons like her aunts, Artemis, Mala, Philippus, Nubia and Io.

Major recurring groups would be the Oddfellows, the Holliday Girls, the Embassy staff and of course the Olympians.

BANNED

how about Wonder Mom ! heheh

Diana leaves her Wonder Woman carier and gets married to Steve, have kids and become a housewife. You see her deal with two little monsters, one boy and one girl, 5 and 6 years olds. And a baby girl, her adventure are against the demigod baby poo machine now, diper changes ! hehehe And she tells her old adventures to her kids around camp fire, or before bed, and we as readers read some wonder woman that way. we are coming and going between wonder mom and wonder woman . I would get this book.

Steve, Etta and Mala
    Steve, Etta, Mala and Ferdinand are a solidly good start for a regular (every/evr. other issue) cast. They have been in the comic, since the Golen Age.I also think Diana's regular company should reflect her Amazon background, without having to involve the island, so much - hence, Mala. At least, one of her companions should be from 'out of town'. Donna, Artemis, the Amazons (Hippolyta, Nubia, Dru, etc.), heroic Hercules and Queen Desira of Venus should drop by, frequently.

I really think this comic would benefit from picking four regular characters and sticking with them, long enough for readers to emotionally invest in them. I guess that makes me one of those obsessive, overly demanding WW fans, celeb writers are always complaining about. I want Diana to have four regularly featured companions, like Superman's (Lois, Jimmy and Professor Hamilton) and Batman's (Robin, Alfred and Gordon). Why is this so much to ask, considering other popular comics have been doing it, for DECADES?!

Mizuno, what interests you about Steve, Etta and Mala? I think Wonder Woman should have two female friends, who live in Man's World ..and are as different as night and day.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-17-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Absolutely no love triangles allowed, so far I'm concerned. Hate 'em. I think I've seen one done decently...ever.
    Never got the appeal of the love triangle! Never seen one that was good!! It make the person look silly!! Hate them!!

Etta (classic style version) of course. No Amazon training, no magic. Just a big girl with a big attitude. She's Diana's Jimmy Olsen; the regular person who gets sucked into all these wild and crazy adventures.

"Orbiting" Etta would be the Holiday Girls; fellow sorority members and friends of Etta (and Diana).

Steve Trevor. Soldier, pilot, spy, agent of Argus. Diana's love interest. There's at least one or two threads where I've talked about what to do with him so I'll not re-post it here.

Orbiting Steve are the Oddfellows, lifted from the movie with just enough adjustment to make them fit in the comics (which we've already seen). I'd "replace" Chief with either the Super Friend's Apache Chief (with a name change, probably to just "Chief") or Super-Chief (a Z-list hero who last had a version show up, I believe, during Superman's Grounded storyline).

Donna and Cassie. It boggles my mind that these two aren't included in Diana's supporting cast more. Orbiting them would be Cassie's mother, and whoever it is that Donna's attached to (she's such a mess I won't get into her character in this thread). Maybe, I dunno, but I might expand on them to include a small group of women being trained in Amazon ways. A group of "Wonder Girls" that Diana, Donna, and Cass all help teach.

If this new "Wonder Girls" group makes the supporting cast cut, then I'd include a very updated version of I-Ching to help with their training. Otherwise.....I'd probably leave him out of the supporting cast....possibly include him as a minor but re-occurring agent of Argus?

Ferdinand. Because he's one of the best supporting characters Diana has ever had. Gentle giant. Chief cook at the main Themyscria embassy. Orbiting him would be the rest of the embassy staff....who would likely be mostly new characters since none of the old ones really stand out.

Commander Steele. Not the Captain America rip-off from the League, I'm talking about Sarge Steele, the old Nick Fury-esque military guy with the cybernetic hand. I'd have him promoted to Commander and put in charge of Argus. Steve's direct supervisor and the person Diana deals with when she's works with Argus.

The Amazons. Hippolyta, Io, Artemis, Mala, etc.

Nubia. Not sure how I'd like to include her. Some way that doesn't just make her "black Wonder Woman" and a secondary, legacy-type character. I don't want her to be Diana's version of War Machine, yknow? Definitely she'd be an Amazon in Man's World but beyond that? Not sure where I'd put her.

Giganta. I'd have her trying to turn over a new leaf. Not becoming a hero, but leaving villainy behind. Dating Ryan Choi (the Atom) because that's the best ship sailing any waters. Doris would be one of those antagonists that's also part of the supporting cast. Not Diana's friend, but not really her enemy anymore either. I think Diana would be, in essence, her parole officer, making sure Giganta stays on the straight and narrow. And of course, Doris' boyfriend Ryan would have to show up on a infrequent-but-regular basis too.

The gods. I don't like how completely Diana's stories have been tied up in Greek myth in recent years, there's more to Wonder Woman than just dealing with Ares and cyclopes. But they most certainly have their place in the narrative. They'd all show up here and there but I'd pick a couple to focus on as larger parts of Diana's story, likely Strife (from New52) for the drama and Apollo as Diana's closest friend on Olympus.....and possibly a rival to Steve. I don't want love triangles or any of that nonsense but I wouldn't be against the idea of Steve disliking this golden, perfect god spending so much time with his girlfriend. Him being a little jealous could be a nice way to highlight his humanity, as long as no one threw the situation into straight up love triangle territory.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-17-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.