Page 369 of 440 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 6590

The shorts look better than the battle skirt.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Diana is just a generic brick nowadays without real fighting technique. Her skills as a fighter have not been highlighted in years.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-06-2022 at 05:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Characters who WW should interact with less:
    Superman
    Batman
    Supergirl
    Batgirl
    All Robins
    Harley Quinn
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary

Characters who Wonder Woman should interact with more:
    Zatanna
    Aquaman
    Shazam Family
    Green Lanterns
    What's wrong with Dinah? Also, I'm of the opinion that Diana should be a mentor to all the superheroines of the DC, or at least someone to look up to, even if begrudgingly. And that a WW and BC friendship should be cemented as a core relationship of the DCU, being as how they are each probably 1 and 2 for most prominent DC superheroines since the 1940s.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    What's wrong with Dinah? Also, I'm of the opinion that Diana should be a mentor to all the superheroines of the DC, or at least someone to look up to, even if begrudgingly. And that a WW and BC friendship should be cemented as a core relationship of the DCU, being as how they are each probably 1 and 2 for most prominent DC superheroines since the 1940s.
    Yeah, one of the best WW stories ever was having her hang out with some other superheroines on Paradise island... really made me wonder why writers don't do that more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Just not really in to the character, and always more came off as kind of trying to copy the "flying brick/street level" dynamic of Superman and Batman. I don't hate it but I also don't need much of it. That's another reason I don't consider WW interacting with female Bat characters (of any variety) to be worthwhile.

I will the BC I read of comes from Taylor so I'm willing to accept that BC written by him may not the best source material.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-07-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The shorts look better than the battle skirt.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Characters who WW should interact with less:
    Superman
    Batman
    Supergirl
    Batgirl
    All Robins
    Harley Quinn
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary

Characters who Wonder Woman should interact with more:
    Zatanna
    Aquaman
    Shazam Family
    Green Lanterns
    To this I would add Bobo, liked the recent JL Dark run. And, well, any excuse to see more Bobo.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I really don't like this kind of topics, but I guess as the most "veteran reader" I could give like, my piece of advice? my own desire? something personal that not many other people think?

Ok, so, let's go: I want Diana to be and act liker her more chaddest iterations. I'm mostly thinking about Gail Simone and, you're going to kill me, Marston. There are right now like a million superheroines that, following Wonder Woman's path, act like her, coming to the point that many reach a peak where they act and talk like some kind of Mariah. But Diana was created to be more!

Look, I know Marston's WW has... aged. But every time I reread old Golden Age stories, it's true I miss that chad attitude she used to have, being all like "I want this, Im going to punch my way through your hearth until I get it". Diana back at those days didn't let anyone tell her what the **** to do or not. I also kind of miss that whole "no, Wodner Woman doesn't have powers because some god gave it to her, she is like that because amazon training". Bring back that cockiness Marston gave her. I supose Earth One brought back some of that juice, but I think it could be even more.

Also, Simone. Simone mixed the amazon warrior with the amazon ambassador, but most of all, she brought her COMEDY. Don't let her stagnate on an ice queen attitude: let Diana make jokes, let Diana enjoy life more, let her not take too seriously everything because, at the end of the day, she is the most human of all the superheroes.

I supose that's it. It looks like I want Diana to act following some contradictory versions, but no. These are two things that don't really have to contradict themselves as much as it seems: Diana can be cool and badass about her missions, but at the same time, doing it while saying the most absurd lines ever crafted. Let her be a warrior on a mission for justice able to laugh and joke as well.

(To be fair, Cloonrad are already trying something on this style. Orlando tried as well, but at the end of the days his inner fanboy stoped him from going too far, which isn't bad)
    Last edited by Garrac; 12-07-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

As poorly as Marston's run has aged in many areas, I do think the Amazon training weirdly made her a more empowering figure than her later incarnations. Her getting gifts from the goddesses still works well and is FAR preferable to inheriting from Zeus, but becoming one of the most powerful super beings on the Earth just by training hard in a setting where other women could achieve the same level of power under the right circumstances comes across as more feminist and fair for other Amazons

Clay birth brought to life from the goddesses with no Zeus as her father. (And no, she’s not clay after her birth.)

Donna is Diana’s adopted sister, that she saved in Man’s World and brought to Themyscira to be raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons.

Donna’s powers come from an adventure she had with Diana and the Amazons, not from the Titans.

Jason is not Diana’s twin brother, but has a different origin.

Diana and Donna are portrayed as sisters and great friends.

A Wonder Boy should be introduced.

Etta Candy is removed from ARGUS and the military and is instead portrayed as Diana’s adventurous best friend.

Diana is shown to have strong friendships and relationships with far more superheroines: Dinah, Mari, Shayera, Zatanna, Kory, Babs, Kara, Mera, Carol, etc.

Diana gets her own iconic city and some of her stories, concepts, supporting characters and villains are retconned to being there.

A ton of Golden, Silver and Bronze Ages Wonder villains get revamped for the modern era.

Diana is as powerful as Superman in her own ways.

Diana Prince is a secret identity that Diana maintains.

Lyta Trevor Fury is a daughter of Diana and Steve Trevor from within Hypertime and/or the Multiverse.

Villainy Inc becomes a premier villainous organization in the DCU.

Incredible Member

I would like to see Diana's bracelet absorption and sonic boom abilities from the DCEU incorporated into the comics of Wonder Woman. I know she did it once in one of the Sensational Wonder Woman issues, but I would like to see it become a core ability for Diana.

I would like to see Cassie get her Young Justice animated series costume adapted to the comics.

I would like to see Donna get a haircut to better distinguish her from Diana. Either a Bob or a pixie cut.

I also would like for the Oddfellows to be reincorporated into the comics. I remember they were used not long after the first film, but I don't think they've been used since. I think they'll be great to flesh out the ARGUS portion of the book.
    Last edited by PopQuezy; 12-07-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I really don't like this kind of topics, but I guess as the most "veteran reader" I could give like, my piece of advice? my own desire? something personal that not many other people think?

Ok, so, let's go: I want Diana to be and act liker her more chaddest iterations. I'm mostly thinking about Gail Simone and, you're going to kill me, Marston. There are right now like a million superheroines that, following Wonder Woman's path, act like her, coming to the point that many reach a peak where they act and talk like some kind of Mariah. But Diana was created to be more!

Look, I know Marston's WW has... aged. But every time I reread old Golden Age stories, it's true I miss that chad attitude she used to have, being all like "I want this, Im going to punch my way through your hearth until I get it". Diana back at those days didn't let anyone tell her what the **** to do or not. I also kind of miss that whole "no, Wodner Woman doesn't have powers because some god gave it to her, she is like that because amazon training". Bring back that cockiness Marston gave her. I supose Earth One brought back some of that juice, but I think it could be even more.

Also, Simone. Simone mixed the amazon warrior with the amazon ambassador, but most of all, she brought her COMEDY. Don't let her stagnate on an ice queen attitude: let Diana make jokes, let Diana enjoy life more, let her not take too seriously everything because, at the end of the day, she is the most human of all the superheroes.

I supose that's it. It looks like I want Diana to act following some contradictory versions, but no. These are two things that don't really have to contradict themselves as much as it seems: Diana can be cool and badass about her missions, but at the same time, doing it while saying the most absurd lines ever crafted. Let her be a warrior on a mission for justice able to laugh and joke as well.

(To be fair, Cloonrad are already trying something on this style. Orlando tried as well, but at the end of the days his inner fanboy stoped him from going too far, which isn't bad)
    On the contrary, there are way more superheroes acting Simone and Marston's Diana. At least two of them already exist in the Wonder Woman family - Yara and Artemis.

Diana is usually written as reticent and serious but that is not the same thing as being an ice queen. That's Emma Frost.

Not really an opinion, but a thought.

If Warner was to go under and/or they start selling off DC--whether individual characters, or more likely, as a whole--I know there's always question of how Wonder Woman would be treated at Marvel.
    I'm not convinced they would do any better, though I can't imagine them doing any worse.

But I do believe if someone pointed out to one of the high-ups at Disney, not Marvel, that Wonder Woman is essentially a Disney Princess...one that beats up bad guys and fights monsters...they would absolutely see dollar signs.
    Screw Diana teaming up with Spider-Man or Captain America. We'd be seeing Wonder Woman team up with Elsa from Frozen or mentoring Merida from Brave. I'd bet money we would at least see an animated series.

I don't endorse Disney becoming an even bigger evil empire than it already is, but I think if they got the rights to Wonder Woman, and understood what they had, they would push her to the moon. Disney is not afraid of milking a brand.

Meanwhile, the fail-crew at Warner is sitting there whining, "Can't we make it about Batman?"

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Not really an opinion, but a thought.

If Warner was to go under and/or they start selling off DC--whether individual characters, or more likely, as a whole--I know there's always question of how Wonder Woman would be treated at Marvel.
    I'm not convinced they would do any better, though I can't imagine them doing any worse.

But I do believe if someone pointed out to one of the high-ups at Disney, not Marvel, that Wonder Woman is essentially a Disney Princess...one that beats up bad guys and fights monsters...they would absolutely see dollar signs.
    Screw Diana teaming up with Spider-Man or Captain America. We'd be seeing Wonder Woman team up with Elsa from Frozen or mentoring Merida from Brave. I'd bet money we would at least see an animated series.

I don't endorse Disney becoming an even bigger evil empire than it already is, but I think if they got the rights to Wonder Woman, and understood what they had, they would push her to the moon. Disney is not afraid of milking a brand.

Meanwhile, the fail-crew at Warner is sitting there whining, "Can't we make it about Batman?"
    Enh... Disney went insane lately and I'm not expecting anything good from them in the future :/

The last thing I want is for Diana to move to Marvel Disney.
    Last edited by Perseus; 12-08-2022 at 12:32 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Not really controversial but I always feel like Diana isn't allowed to have a complete 3d character because there are some folks that want her to be a sort of blanket representation for ALL women. And on top of that she's restrained by societal and patriarchal standards of what a woman is.

Donna should have stayed dead (death should ACTAULLY mean something in the Wonderverse)

The sword and shield are fine, overused and poorly used, but fine none the less. I often feel like people complaining about it are more annoying than the sword itself.

The skirt is always superior to the pants/shorts.

Diana should get some sort of energy manipulation that lets her blats and fight like a DBZ character. Full magical warrior type **** like from the New God of War.

I was apprehensive about a God of War copy style video game but after the last two entries.... I'm all on board for that. Give me the Kratos with **** comparisons!!

Diana frankly shouldn't be another quippy comedian type character, we have plenty.

Diana's flight should mimic Namor's i.e. indestructible hummingbird on super steroids.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor