Page 97 of 440 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 6586

There are plenty of Wonder Woman villains that are either not tied to, or need not be tied to Greek mythology. Doctor Psycho, Veronica Cale/Paula von Gunther, Cheetah, Silver Swan, Doctor Poison, Giganta…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Diana's association with villains like Blue Snowman, Angle Man and weaker versions of Cheetah or Zara do not help her reputation when it comes to power level debates.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman and Catwoman are boring. Give me Wonder Woman and Batman.

A writer can make most villains work. Blue Snowman can work just fine. Your talking about a woman in a mech suit. Angle Man stole a weapon. Zara can work if you actually give her powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She has been distanced from Steve. She didn't really interacted with him much since Perez. Rebirth had there much more be together. I mean you don't see them trying to stop away Clarke from journalism or Bruce being a billionaire. DC already has messed with Diana are so much already. I mean this is why I do feel maybe Diana Prince isn't that bad of an idea. Also, we shouldn't distance. He doesn't have to show up but Diana has too many characters is limbo that would be cool to see. Look at Blue Snow or Zara. No use of them
    Yes, I’m aware, and I think the Perez, Rucka, and Azz eras all show how Diana works better without being tied to the US military, one of the most problematic systems of organizations on the planet.

If anything, she should be in conflict with them when they’re out doing **** like toppling governments to install puppet regimes and giving the Bin Ladins of the world weapons to run amok.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 11-30-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

double post sorry

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Yes, I’m aware, and I think the Perez, Rucka, and Azz eras all show how Diana works better without being tied to the US military, one of the most problematic systems of organizations on the planet.

If anything, she should be in conflict with them when they’re out doing **** like toppling governments to install puppet regimes and giving the Bin Ladins of the world weapons to run amok.

True. If anything Steve and his team could be something else. I just don't want to have Steve just leave. Not only that but Perez still shows that it can leave to just has a dangerous situation. Vannessa would be the silver swan. So in a way, Diana still needs to have her own life. She needs her own money. The press and paparazzi. I get Diana can just dress up but that doesn't always work. I often thought about why not have Diana have her bracelets that make her blend in. I mean Diana Prince Id could work but also the simple fact Diana shouldn't worry about people around her often.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-30-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    A writer can make most villains work. Blue Snowman can work just fine. Your talking about a woman in a mech suit. Angle Man stole a weapon. Zara can work if you actually give her powers.
    Blue Snowman's armor has never been shown as powerful enough to be a threat to Diana. Stealing a weapon doesn't make you dangerous to a person Superman's level. And Zara might work as a villain if being immune to fire wasn't stated to be one of Diana's powers.

I'm always going to root for Steve and Diana being together, but I'm down with them breaking up from time to time to explore other love interests... for the storytelling options and themes and drama and soap opera of it all.

Some interesting things could be done and said about love, romance, sexuality, and gender, if done well. Like how we almost got an Atlantiades romance in the title.

For Diana, I'd circle back to the Amazons and Kasia coming to live in Patriarch's World for a while. First loves/romances are always interesting to re-explore when the two individuals come back together.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trevor Barnes again, for another take on their attraction and relationship.

I'd add Andros, the extraterrestrial (from the 70s TV show), as another potential relationship for literal star-crossed lovers.

Jimenez's gentleman thief and scoundrel, Angle Man, always appealed to me. He was interested in Donna though, so maybe that's where he needs to stay. Perhaps another supervillain thief can be created, so Diana has a little anti-hero action in her life.

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I've created a regular mortal woman who comes into Diana's life for a very specific reason and Diana becomes attracted to her. She's an artist and politically-driven in a world where superheroes and supervillains alike, both help and hurt social, political, and economic causes.

Because I want Wonder Woman to star in her own book, but the book to also be about her major supporting characters, I'd give Steve the following love interests to experience:

1. A new, highly-skilled agent of ARGUS (in my Wonder World, Steve remains in ARGUS.) She has bit of a mysterious background and complements Steve's specialities as an agent with her own.

2. Phantom Lady (Stormy Knight), Vixen, Isis (she'd be kind of perfect in a way), or a newly-created superheroine for the Wonder Mythos. I'm curious as to what would happen if Steve dated another superheroine and the issues that might come up, dramatically, for him, Diana, and the other heroine.

3. Angela Chen - Bring this reporter over from the DCAU (if she hasn't been yet) and explore their relationship in Diana's city. How does one date a superspy, with the wonder-est of exes, and do one's job as the newest news anchor with all the intrigue and situations and secrets that follow them? I mean, not everyone can be Lois Lane. Also, how do you solve a problem like Wonder Woman's publicist, Myndi Mayer?! (I love Myndi as a character.)

4. Eros - I mean, Eros can be anyone's heart's desire in an instant. What happens when he decides you're his (for the moment)?
    Last edited by WonderScott; 11-30-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Blue Snowman's armor has never been shown as powerful enough to be a threat to Diana. Stealing a weapon doesn't make you dangerous to a person Superman's level. And Zara might work as a villain if being immune to fire wasn't stated to be one of Diana's powers.
    I agree with what you're saying, but at the same time powering up a villain is a really simple task. Blue Snowman hasn't had an armor that can pose a threat to Diana? Then just give her one that can. Same applies to any other villain, really. Batman villains have gotten progressively more powerful over the years to keep up with him, Joker is essentially a god of chaos at this point, I don't see why Diana's villains can't benefit from the same type of power creep.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think Blue Snowman and Zara are well known enough or used enough to really factor into any of these power level debates around Diana.

I agree with Valentonis. Just upgrade them, it's not hard. Johns upgraded the Rogues to be credible threats to the Flash, this isn't that impossible. Upgrade Snowman's and weapons (maybe combine super science and mysticism?) and make Zara's fire magical. Boom, done.

Zara can harm others and get other powers other than fire. There are many characters who were turned deadly. It’s not impossible to fix them. Zara was also a priestess. The fact we have Batman and Lex make suits that can fight Clarke doesn’t mean Blue can’t be added. Diana doesn’t need to get less villains

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think Blue Snowman and Zara are well known enough or used enough to really factor into any of these power level debates around Diana.

I agree with Valentonis. Just upgrade them, it's not hard. Johns upgraded the Rogues to be credible threats to the Flash, this isn't that impossible. Upgrade Snowman's and weapons (maybe combine super science and mysticism?) and make Zara's fire magical. Boom, done.
    You could easily add some mythology characters as a power source: like the Frost Giants, Jack Frost, Old Man Winter, any Ice or Wind creature really.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Artemis is a kick ass woman in a franchise that features kick ass women. Can you picture Wolverine riding his own flying elephant named Mysia while carrying his magic stick Polly?
    She's also a kickass woman in a series with two kick ass men (well, one has the body of an adult, but is less then a year old) that have become like family to her. What's more, no one in it really overshadows the other.

Anyway, I'm all for Hunter being canonical and say, being stuck in Diana's timeline somehow. Diana loves him, but dealing with a broody teenage half-Amazon boy that still has some residual anger for being left, despite knowing the reason why, would make for some interesting times for her. What's more, he's more used to doing things one way, which could severely contrast the way Diana does those same things.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    You could easily add some mythology characters as a power source: like the Frost Giants, Jack Frost, Old Man Winter, any Ice or Wind creature really.
    Goodness no! I like Blue Snowman being specifically a villain of science. The myth vs science aspect of Wonder Woman should be explored more, and she has enough mythical villains or inspired villains.